Second Preview: Introducing Castle Mitternacht!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

2. Ancient Grudge seems pretty broken if I am understanding the text right. Seems like it will be an insta kill card most times and having range makes it seem even more broken. Plus people will BURFFT with it and make it even grosser. Just reading it makes me cringe when I think about MP.

At least make the cowardly meta mages touch the person to insta kill them.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

BURFFT = Buffed Burst. So you can't BURFFT Ancient Grudge because there are no usable cards that make other cards have the attribute "Burst X".

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You can't burst with it, but it probably works well in a burft build because it feeds on all the cards discarded by Savage Curse.

Hmmm... does anyone remember the name of the joke build someone made to counter Elvish Insight? EDIT: Ah, found it:
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/insight-counter-the-lateral-thinkers.5160/

5. To me BURFFT is just the present name for mages having spells being too OP due to cleric buffs ( AKA iffy balance ), with or without burst. But I bet correcting me made you feel all warm and gooey inside even though Kalin was smart enough to figure out my point.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  6. Lol...Savage Curse buffing clerics, with Leadership, buffing a Pathfinding, Spell Skill & Arcane Curse elf mage with Ancient Grudge! Plus the clerics can use purge on the elf mage to discard any traits or disadvantages he might use. That could get ugly fast. Fear the mage if he is also Superstitious when he insta kills someone from range.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

So do you mean "Plus people will buff it and make it even grosser." or "Plus people will play buff priests with it and make it grosser.".

Isn't the idea behind buffs is that it helps the buffed character. The reason why a lot of people complained about BURFFT was that it was too powerful, not that people played buffed cards.

8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

All this complaint against a card that doesn't penetrate or innately have hard to block. (Yes, I know it's Arcane and Traits help). I really can't imagine Grudge doing that much, and we're not sure how many you can stuff on a Wiz. If this somehow makes a split with Dwarfs against Elves, I'd be very amazed.

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

In other words: "Of course I meant something else when I said something there was no reason for you to correct me".

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There is going to be a thorough public playtest of this content on our test server starting probably within the week. While it's always fun to speculate about cards before we've touched them, I'm going to ask you to withhold final judgment at this stage. :) Oh, and stay civil with each other. Thanks!

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

12. Sir Knight

Great minds edit alike. Or something.

Given that there are no new modules incoming, and given that they seem intent on creating new story, characters, and extremely-limited-and-situational card types, we have no idea which cards will be available on ordinary items and which will be limited to special league scenarios. We'll find out. I for one look forward to more cards that "blow up" in certain circumstances. Having to hold onto Ancient Grudge until it gets stronger, hoping to live long enough to use it, against homicidal human opponents? That could be fine for strategic balance.

I see that your user image thingy has transformed with the full moon.

Melancthon and Flaxative like this.
  13. Can we have werecats too

Mama Mia and Kalin like this.
  14. Sir Knight

This is important.

Meowquith et al. won't always be enough.

15. WereMeowquith

It must be a thing.

CT5 likes this.