Can I have my Meta rating reset

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Led, Aug 4, 2016.

?

Can account Led have META rating reset.

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Led

Led Orc Soldier

Hi Guys,

I have been playing CH with my son for over 2 years. I love the game and want to be more actively involved. I have never joined a clan but now I would like to so I can be more involved. The problem I have is my accounts rating is so low. After years of matches getting resigned and not fully played out my META rating is about -2500. I know if i am to join a clan then matches are to be played in full, but with my rating currently so low it is like im so far down the rabbit hole my account I feel cant be saved by just playing out games.
    What im asking is can my META rating be reset to 0 so I can join a clan and have a fresh start on this great game that we all enjoy to play. (my son has created his own account now, it was not all his doing and I take responsibility for letting it get to the stage that it has)

The problem I face right now with my account, when your rating is so low, resigning a match means nothing. We are a small community and I would like my account to become a better member of it.

2. I don't think standing affects you ability to earn points in a clan.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You can always join the practice guild :p. BTW it is called standing (not rating). I plan to vote yes once you reach more than -2400 standing.

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Eight blitzes against players in guilds this August already? http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/guildhistory.php?player=led

I suggest you join @timeracers' Practice Guild or something similar, so we can track your effort for the rest of August.

With the current limited information from META, I'm voting 'No' at this point. I'm willing to change my vote, if I see real numbers (match stats) in addition to words in this thread.

5. Led

Led Orc Soldier

thanks for your replys and honest feedback. its not easy to ask for something like this. while i see that some of your appear morally agaist what im asking i do feel it is in the sprit of the game. reason. ...please dont take this the wrong way. when your rating is so low, the penalty for resigning a match becomes nothing. if the rating get lower it means nothing. if the rating was reset then the penalties for resigning a match also come back. why would you let an account drop low again after openely going through this process.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Wrong, the forum users (obviously Farbs has ultimate control) have already reset one player's standing. We (or at least some of us) are just waiting for you to prove your words.

It is none the less against the rules resigning until you are very likely to lose the match. BOCTAOE. I am trying to say is that it shouldn't matter the standing for rather or not you should quit sooner or later.

7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

What am I missing, guys? Does Standing affect one's guild's rating/contribution in any way?

8. Led

Led Orc Soldier

No guild will touch you with a negative rating

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  9. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

That was the hardest thing I have read all year. Including the stuff posted on world chat, wah my guild is hard done by wah, *ugh*. Also the random stuff from people more drunk than I could ever/want to be, "you have been bested by henry". Yes I live life on the edge by: ending sentences with prepositions, eating meat pies that burn the tongue, and submitting controversial forum posts.

Getting to 1700 elo in CardHunter is easy peasy. But unity and coherence with paragraphs is the real achievement. And it just needs a few carriage returns. Dr Google is your friend, https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/606/01/.

Yours truly ruly,
    Rinco69

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No, but guilds might be wary if you have a negative standing(due to the fact that you must get blitzed a lot!).

11. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

Would making your own guild work?

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So hes asking for a clean slate and i can accept his argument that he wouldn't if he planned to continue his resigning practice.
    I remember Led as troublesome 1600 player that suddenly "retired" and went into 1000 elo territory, almost as if he tanked to get and stay there. ( hes one of these cases that would make a personal elo graph over total playtime fascinating)

Hes right about the negative standing though, someone prone to quitting early isn't really an attractive addition to any team.
    But beyond that, recent history, current elo and winrate over a considerable amount of time are things you need to fix to catch the attention of competitive guilds. Not even a season is enough, since people can excell on one rotation only to stink on another. Joining practice guild(s) and showcasing that you can win and contribute is certainly the fastest course of action to become more attractive, even if the bad standing remains in your profile.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  13. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

@Robauke accuses you of willfully tanking your rating.
    You say your rating fell because your kid played for a couple of years.
    You also imply that because your rating was so low, YOU were happy to let it drop further

Are you taking responsibility for your son or admitting your culpability, that you purposely dropped your rating?
    Of course not, that would be against the ToS right? ;)

Either way, 'taking responsibility' would be accepting the negative standing as is - perhaps striving to get it back to neutral (that would be a fun grind!)

I agree with his argument for the standing reset but the story doesn't make sense to me.

I've recruited a number of players to the greatest guild that ever was or will be and have never once looked at standing. It is nice to know you're on the leaderboards but it doesn't give you any stats you wouldn't have otherwise.

If you're confused about what I'm trying to say, that's ok. So am I. I guess I just hadn't posted anything for a while and I know you're all probably missing me.

While I think this would be a token measure for the community, it seems like it would make a deal of difference for Led. I just hope it's not a pain in the butt for Farbs, in which case I change my vote.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  14. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The view from the clouds must be nice.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I voted no because I think this is a bad precedent. But I am in favor of putting a lower bound on standing, maybe something like -100.

timeracers likes this.
  16. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

A limit like min -100 Standing sounds good :)

HisRoyalHygiene and Led like this.
  17. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I just want to say, its easy to put the boot into a guy who is down and is trying to get better. I am not running this poll because I want to, I am doing this because I am told to by Farbs. We are a community of players and it is a game. This is not setting a precedent, this is following instructions. This game is small and we need more active players. Just stop and think....does this decision affect you. I wonder how many other players are in a similar position. If you want me out of the game just vote no and ill disappear. This outcome decides if i continue to play.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

---------------!Warning!---------------
    Standing has dropped over 50 points since this topic got created!
    Current Standing -2,505.
    I strongly vote against resetting his standing
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  19. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I think this would be the best idea as it also limits this discussion coming up again in the future

20. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

About the drop since yesterday, he only announced a new mindset after reset, not fair to expect it right away only because he brought it to our attention here.
    I still want to know about the crass cases. If there is any use to standing, then that it is a hard record of misbehaviour.