Bug in Golden Shire League with Illussionary Barrier

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Obernoob, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

The first field of the bridge in Golden Shrine is bugged or I miss some interaction. I had Hover on my Character and he was staying next to the bridge, which were occupied by Illussionary Barriers of the opponent. I was not able to move the character over the first field though the Hover.

GoldenShrineHoverBug.png

A similar bug I had in the next game. This time I was the controller of the Barriers on the bridge. I had a character on the first field. My other character was not able to move over the character on the first field of the brdige allthough my Barrier should have removed the stop on that field, shouldn't it?

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

No bug there.
    Hover cancels the effect of terrain attachments like Illusory Terrain.
    If it has difficult terrain below the barrier then so it will be for your characters with Hover.

Robauke likes this.
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Hover is VERY confusing and unintuitive, hover makes you ignore the stop on the placed terrain but if the terrain under the illusion terrain is difficult terrain you will still stop on it.

4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

But I can go over the bridge, when I placed my own Barriers on it, right? Unfortunatly I have no screenshot of the second situation which confused me. I will try to reproduce it.

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

You can when you don't have Hover.

timeracers likes this.
  6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Ah, ok, now I understand. If the character has hover, he can't. Even if it is my own Barrier?

7. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Hover basically makes it so you ignore terrain attachments on the board regardless of whether it is beneficial or not. Since Hover makes it so your character treats the bridge like there's no Illusory Terrain, it gets treated as a difficult tile since that's what the bridge tiles are, hence why you can't move past it. So yes, whether it is your own Illusory Barrier or the enemy's makes no difference for Hover, it doesn't distinguish between them.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Flaxative likes this.