Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

2. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I'll swap you 3 cursed radcannons for 1 reynolds's...

no-reynoldo.png

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Randi always likes to throw me some hard choices after a couple of bare weeks. I have enough gold for one legendary without breaking the bank, two if I'm really feeling something. Items that are catching my eye this week:

LoPiccolo's Lash - I have two Zoltan's, so I don't need it purely for Whips, but it does come with a couple of blocks and that wonderful Violent Spin. Don't want to drop the gold if I'm only going to us it in the occasional league build or something though.
    The Softener - I have three Xek'x, not sure if the third Cushioning is enough of an upgrade to justify the expense.

Also available is my third Savage Skull, right before the rebalance of course. I suppose I could buy it just to run burrfft for the hell of it until the nerf, just to see what all the fuss was about!

4. Thoughts on Xlaka's Sacred Bundle? Only item that I don't have multiple copies of that seems interesting.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

VermillionOcean likes this.
  6. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I played 3 on a build that got to 1800, its strong.

VermillionOcean likes this.
  7. Guess I'll save up for it then. Thanks.

8. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

9. JakeAlmighty

JakeAlmighty Mushroom Warrior

I might have to convert some pizza into gold, or compromise on some choices. I made a list of great items when I came back that I'm looking for, and a bunch all came at once. (only restarted playing about a week ago)

Randimar's greets me with:

Huetotl's Firebrand
    Troll's Ire
    Vibrant Pain

and the daily deal today is the Cursed Radcannon

currently 2935 gold, as I spent 2500 on Blue Destruction from Randimar's a few days ago.

10. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Vibrant haa no sustitutes, other cursed and firebrand are good.

Master Goo likes this.
  11. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

40c_rudy likes this.
  12. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

13. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Aren't you the best one to answer that question? (you're the only one who knows what kind of playstyle fits you the best)

But if you're asking what items and how many other players like to have, (and why) well that's completely different question now, is it?

Personally, I don't have any of those items and I'm not planning to buy them. Then again, I only play SP campaign.

14. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Darkforce is amazing for vamp builds, especially ones built around 2-distance attacks.

Reality Warper is incredible. It's probably the single best item with Accelerate time, but remember AT was nerfed to a 5 tile range. It works especially well for 3-wizard control decks, as it's safer to get close with those & the other 2 cards synergize nicely with close-range wizard play.

Reaper's Scythe is niche and depends highly on the playstyle of the person using it. Chops tend to be better in decks with very high mobility or in single player. Dodge is fun but chancy, Blind Rage is almost always good but watch out in low mobility builds.

St. Xarol's is awful. Sapping Spear is only worth playing with HEAVY buffs (Unholy Wellspring, Savage Curse, any 2 of Unholy Frenzy + Mass Frenzy + Blind Rage etc), Twin Heals is mediocre at best, Sundering Strike is highly situational; Greater Heal is the only decent card here.

15. JakeAlmighty

JakeAlmighty Mushroom Warrior

could not disagree more. St. Xarol's is a fantastic item! Need to remember that this item does not require a major power token to be equipped.

16. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

There are good builds with xarols, its a very powerfull item.

VermillionOcean and Master Goo like this.
  17. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

18. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I stand corrected; you would know better than i. Could you give specific? I'm curious.

19. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Tyro likes this.
  20. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

You're right, I didn't assign enough weight to its low cost. Greater heal and sundering strike are thin on the ground in minor token item.