Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Yeah, may be bad for the plane as long you have nimbus.

2. I think modern day planes have some method of purging any nimbus buffed things that may enter their engines.

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Okay, I'm back! Due to my travel schedule, I haven't and won't have time to make a video. The winner is @Hidden Jaguar 's Uplifting Faith, an epic divine skill.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This item was selected on the merits of its item design, how well it matched the design challenge, and also in part for its boldness in putting some new cards on a slot for which they make total sense. A huge congrats to Hidden Jaguar, and also to everyone else who entered. A lot of you submitted strange choices like broken compasses or unreliable flight packs (why not a fully functional compass or flight pack? this is your dream item on a desert island!), but the item designs themselves were fairly strong. Cuteness shout-out to the rum barrel armor.

In the next few days, assuming no unforeseen tragedies strike, I will launch Alozyo's Arsenal 11, as well as releasing information—and maybe even playtest information—regarding our upcoming balance changes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Its a divine skill though... but everyone knows. Nice item icon, was that just lying around?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Good catch, total mistell. Yeah, we have a bunch of little unused Ben Lee gems :)

BlackVoidDeath, timeracers and Stexe like this.
  6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

For all the AA contests I really want to see what Flax has to see about my item, there's no video. R. I. P. my hopes for feedback, guess I'm just gonna keep going at it blind

Soltis likes this.
  7. Hidden Jaguar

Hidden Jaguar Lizardman Priest

Oh, man, my item won. I'm very grateful and I'd like to say big thank you for every single comment and feedback. I hope you'll find my item useful even if you use it only for Wicked Waterways.

Anyway that was one of the strangest items I've ever created. When I was reading AA10 restrictions I didn't know what should I do. About three weeks later I had found this and an idea suddenly came into my head. ;)

Thank you and have fun using my item!

timeracers, Stexe, trrst and 4 others like this.
  8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Congrats @Hidden Jaguar! Uplifting Faith seems to be really neat item and great fit for the AA #10 theme. :)

As fun it is hear Flax and CT5 talk about item submissions, hearing about the actual creation process from the submitters themselves is equally interesting and insightful.

Hidden Jaguar likes this.
  9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Im just glad i wasnt rick-rolled by the youtube link. But moby inspired you?!
    [​IMG]

Hidden Jaguar likes this.
  10. Hidden Jaguar

Hidden Jaguar Lizardman Priest

Well, it was a rainy day and I was like - I don't know what to do. So I turned up my radio and I heard his song. That's all.
    And, to be honest, I don't know who that guy is ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I can see the item especially useful in The Fatal Foyer, first battle of Tomb of Savings (Hard Mode).

Magic Elves and Hidden Jaguar like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't think you're going at it blind since you've already demonstrated your capability to design winning items, but that's just my 2¢ ;)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. Founder

Founder Hydra

An excellent choice. A great item giving some new strategies.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

15. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

FIRST

cool theme, pity the sonic projectiles are hard to fit in, and they happen to be the only stuff that fits the "music" theme with their typing. You can make some other stuff I guess.

16. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Oh, btw. I have a question. Are we restricted to JUST instruments? Like, we can't make, for example, an item representing a singer?

Because on second thought, I've remembered my "Rolling Stone" dwarven skill, thought I coulda done something with that.

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

"Perhaps your vocal chords are your instrument" is mentioned in the Restrictions.
    But Flax maybe means it as some literal Itchy&Scratchy-case where you rip them out to use them as violin strings.

Pyrious likes this.
  18. Navas

Navas Kobold

A bard with his instruments can buff his allies or debuff the enemies. That´s my inspiration.
    Mass Frenzy,Inspiration,Curse Of Fragility

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Lots of fun submissions this month folks, gonna close the contest soon.

20. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Lets hope the winning item is announced this time before it's released :p