[Guild] The Cult of Ironwood

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by gulo gulo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The guild administrative history shows that both you and Tormentra have left the guild via the desertion ceremony. I think you are all set. Please let me know if you still need any assistance. It would also be appreciated, since I cannot remove conversation members, if you could both leave the guild conversations. If you have trouble there, please let me know as well.

I am very sorry to see you both go, but I respect the convictions and desires of all. Good luck to you both in your future matches and travels across Cardhuntria.

2. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Unwatching thread. Best of luck.

ParodyKnaveBob and gulo gulo like this.
  3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood, in the face of the internal consternation of today, I wanted to take a second to note that we are currently in 4th place.

It's because of all of you. Keep up the great work, and let's finish strong through the rest of this incorporated month.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

6.5 days for Ironwood to make up the 121 points that separate us from 3rd place.

Piece of cake.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

5. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Ftfy. ~nodnod~ $:^ ]

gulo gulo and CT5 like this.
  6. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Congratulations on the pizza finish, Ironwood!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I've forgotten to congratulate our two newest members, @Elof3 and @Cribbage. May they have fun and be one with the Ironwood.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Well, Cribbage made his choice. Somehow hes convinced Ironwood means less business then the super serious knaves.

9. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

It should probably be noted on the guild thread that we came in 5th place in Playpril and won a 10$ Pizza code! Ironwood Vivam indeed. We've also lifted any deck restrictions, so no matter how often your deck is called mean names by other players, we'll still take you if you're cool. Other things in the works include figuring out a method of distributing pizza most likely based on contribution, so if you're a cool good player and want to earn pizza and your current guild isn't providing, there's a good chance we may have a space open for you!

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Taking a step back, interesting reaction to the first 5th in a long time.

11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I realized, that despite any disdain that I have for any kind of build, not allowing any and every type of build breaks key rules of Ironwood. Mainly, that each player should have fun, first and foremost. I may find {enter build here} annoying or boring or whathaveyou, but if someone else enjoys using it, who am I to say that they cannot? If that makes me look like a weak leader or hypocrite, so be it.

Also, it is hard for the guild to experiment with the full range of cards/items/builds if I am not allowing use of certain things. I may strongly suggest people not use certain things, banning them outright is not the way to go. I thank my guild-mates for this revelation.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood is sorry to see @Baldore leave to strike out on their own, but we thank them for their service, and wish them luck on the battlefields of Cardhuntria.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Magic Elves and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Welcome to both HonGry and jubjub5, the two newest members of our group! Keep up the great work, Ironwood!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

ParodyKnaveBob and FrigusMacto like this.
  14. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

So, Card Hunter has decided to give me an early birthday present with these June maps. These, combined with the 5-6 weeks of the AI maps which wrecked havoc on my wizards? Umm. No. Sorry.

I'm giving myself an early birthday present of the rest of the month off.
    I'll see everyone in July.
    Have fun out there.

40c_rudy likes this.
  16. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

just play melee wizards silly

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

You act like I haven't already tried that.

And July is only 25 days away.

18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So you wanna run off after CoI aired those defaming remarks about the NintyNineKnaves...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You've been challenged!

As principal of 99K I hereby summon the Cult of Ironwood to a 3vs3 Coop match. I challenge you to commit a team of Cultists to face the Knaves in battle. We shall settle our squabble once and for all on a date of your choosing. I expect you to pick a battlefield and a date and come forward with a few days of notice. There are no further restrictions, anything goes once that match goes down.

Since this event is too exclusive in the eyes of the local lords, we wont battle over any chests. Instead we put something else on the line - the champions of the losing team shall wear titles choosen by the winners for a season. Gulo, are you up for the challenge or will your Cult slink off with its tail between its legs? I am awaiting your answer.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'll think about it and get back to you in July.

20. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

Sounds fun