Unofficial statistics site

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I thought [Unknown] is any AI - so Gary, Melvin, Amy, Mom, Dad and Cardotron.

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Why would that matter? I was no one anyone would have strong memories of, I am certain.

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Manually editing the meta db to handle name changes is a huge PITA, and a little risky in that a small slip up can corrupt data, so I prefer not to do it unless it's really important. Sorry about that.

4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Not a problem. I'll just keep those games in my heart. Thanks.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

In my defense it appears we split our matches, as I had won our match 10 days earlier. ;) Those seem to be the only two times our paths met under your previous moniker.

gulo gulo likes this.
  6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Matches seem to be missing from the meta site that are recorded on the game site. Does this happen normally, and if so, does the site ever end up recording these matches?

Attached Files:

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Seems like the absence of matches / lag of recording matches is getting more frequent (or I just haven't noticed as much until now). Not sure what can be done, but it might get frustrating for some if key matches end up going missing.

That said, this is obviously a priority below actual gameplay stuff. Thanks for the site, as always.

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Still cant say i experienced it. But what you say strikes me as severe tilt in whats supposed to be fair game, so i think it needs a fix as soon as possible. The hope i have is that it should be fixable, given its seemingly not something that was around since the dawn of seasons or is tied to something obvious like too many guild players straining the system.

9. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Btw, something I've wondered for a long time and don't think it got brought up yet: @Farbs, how would you feel about letting us see all matches between two certain players (or two certain guilds)? Like, tack an "&opponent=" onto the URL for players, maybe "&guild=" vs. "&oppguild=" for more options or something?

Several times I've been curious about my match-ups or someone else's, but tonight in particular, at the end of a match I spectated, the non-rage-quitting player chatted with me some and said something about the result of our match "last time" which I said was probably either a long time ago or maybe in a league (just looking at his/her Elo), and it'd be nice to do a quick peek at the history pages to confirm what happened. $:^ ]

inb4 "u can do dis usng api!!1" $:^ P $:^ P

visak13 likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Well, hey, how do you have all that other info on the player's profile page if it's not coming from the API? You're storing that on your own site somewhere, right?

And the history of battles for each player, how does that show up? You scrape for data instead of hitting every refresh, right?

Furthermore, how do you handle new players popping into MP battles? Do you bother with /players or just use the /battles thingy?

I ask all this to say,
    1. Maybe you could grab and store rating when you scrape for battles? ...but looking at how that would probably have to go, (scrape for battles, narrow down to RANKED gameType, then hit the server *once per unique player* found, ugh,) ...
    2. ...perhaps a better way to go about all this would be to shift this idea from the "Unofficial statistics site" topic to a new suggestion topic in the API subforum: Add player1StartRating,player1EndRating,player2StartRating,player2EndRating nodes to the battle JSON. (EDIT: Or, add player1Rating,player2Rating,ratingExchanged if they're guaranteed the same.) After all, playerXAvgHealth is currently a novetly I never hear anyone ask about, but rating interests people enough for it to be brought up multiple times in this thread alone. $E^ ]
    Regards,

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  11. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fixed, thanks.

13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Now you are missing Forest.

14. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Meta has yet to update with new matches for 21 hours now. ;o

15. Razorfin

Razorfin Kobold

Hey @Farbs Do you know what's going on with the unofficial site? The meta seems to have stopped tracking games!

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  16. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

I'd really like to hear something from someone about what's going on with the website. I only play CH right now for Guilds, so I can't play until I know whether my games are being recorded without update or just being lost. I can afford to lose 2 days' worth of games (even though I've had my best sequence of games in the last couple of days ._.), but I'm not willing to play on and throw away more than that, so an update as soon as possible would be appreciated. (I don't know who can help with the website besides Farbs)

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

There was a hick-up not too long ago, also more then a day of games delayed, but they did show in the end.

18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

linking the prior incident and its outcome

19. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi!

Occasionally when the server reboots the public API falls over, which is what happened here. When this happens the battles are still recorded, they just aren't available to the [META] site for a while. I've put the API back on its feet, and [META] is now churning through the backlog. It should catch up within a few hours.

If this happens again the best way to contact me is via email: farbs@farbs.org

Or if that doesn't work for some reason (?!) try support@cardhunter.com, and remember to mention that the API has probably fallen over.

Razorfin, Pyrious, MathuranF and 2 others like this.
  20. Razorfin

Razorfin Kobold

Thanks and duly noted!