Macizo Contrucctions

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Macizo, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Hi, this is my first post on deckbuilding.

This is my version of Triple elf Warrior, i reach to 1800 with this build.

[IoD] Rothweron I
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

[IoD] Thildhilan
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

[IoD] Minthires N
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Overall good vs anything, weak vs heavy block builds, but its hard for then dont give their backs at some point so patience its good. most time vs that builds i spent running around and passing to get quick run and all out.

In this rotation some stabs are good but i dont like playin DES with AoA.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This build inst effective like the last one, but perform really fine.

[IoD] Rothweron I
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

[IoD] Thildhilan
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

[IoD] Galklinka
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Its really a meta build. You dont gonna feel like "i have the power" but performs really consistent 1700+ build.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is my build of a burst canon, with a utility wizard and support priest, its base its make card draw every turn and bluff a lot (with burst).

[IoD]Farnermort
    Level 19 Human Wizard

[PoF] Galklinka
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

[PoF]Skreebran
    Level 10 Dwarf Priest

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Lol, 3 likes and no comments. Sad team. XD

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Don't be sad. :) You took this build to 1800! Well Done! Congratulations!
    I haven't played MP in a long time, but it looks pretty tight to me.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

do you run from wizard LOS until you have quick run + AOA?

5. realm151

realm151 War Monkey

i'm guessing you'd swap out the dependable mails for more xander's if available? and does the third elf have a blazing only because you don't have another strongarm? otherwise the three elves look to be identical barring the flavor choice of black cat vs parrying, but are solid melee builds nonetheless

6. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Thats a very hard cuestión, sometimes yes, depends on the wizard or wizards, if they cant pressure you wait but normally an AoA and manouvers.
    Passing its your friend even vs others warriors. Dont fear give some vp, but take it if needed, i won many games with low life hp eñves runing from a vp to another. Always remember you can get quick run from the manouvers.
    And the last tip, fear its your friend, if they know you can kill they of nonwhere.

7. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Tecnically yes to all.

8. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

This build is the natural evolution for cult of the BJ - http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/cult-of-the-bejeweled.6987/. Only it adds Tough Leather Cap and Nova Axe.

I suspect there are few likes because the build is lacklustre. There is little variety and the strategy is either, 1) a quick forward assault or 2) wait for a AoA and Quick Run to take the lead.

The truth is I will adopt this build if nothing else gets me to 1800. Assuming they don't nerf Elven Maneuvers before then

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

"Creep around til Oneshot-Combo" has become more of a presence lately, have seen a few variations based on quickrun + aoa, some utilizing laser whip. Little difference if theres a filter priest or not. If this grows bigger we'll just end up with defender stacking again.
    Winning team or not, i dont like it since its foremost about card sorting and avoids any engagement into a match while waiting around for a scheme.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  10. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Well, yeah short of, but i got to 1700+ using cat leth instead but the lack of high power attacks hurts, so if you want to use cat'leth i would remove the strongarms, the angry attacker and parry buckler and nova axe to get catleth, slice and dice and the weapon of your choice like DES, blocking mace, warrior mace or another with some high end attacks.
    Another aproach is a doble catleth could do the thing and keeping every else, having 2 AoA in hand makes a 8 points attacks a deadly 32 points.

And about the strategy... what kind of team have a lot of variety? or they sit on defensive positions or go to the forward, some spam volcanos, fireballs, bless, fly and fly with buffts, packing lots of blocks or control... playing for their strategy, not a lot of variety.

The thing is i made a team with the idea of NOT GETTING BLIZTED against the lot of wizard teams that show up on last map rotation and ended winning is a nice side effect, and on every game i say, at least one kill dont get blizted (sometimes you gonna get blizted anyway), so i work and only work for the first kill with the mayor caution i could.

For this team work, sometimes (more often than not) you gonna need to sacrifice an elf, sending him into a bad position, a sacrifical pawn if they bite you can get the upper hand.

And for the record i win a lot, really a lot of games sitting on VP making with just one kill so, at least are 3 options :p.

A note for waiting for Quick Run, most of the games you never gonna see one its just one per deck, so having it is nice but not a valid strategy waiting for it.

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I really like the deck idea! I do have to wonder though, how do you deal with burst/control decks before drawing your important mobility cards?

12. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Really pure control team are more easy that they dont have a realliable way to pressure you, burst well, is a race, they then to go greedy and a sacrifical pawn work well, use it if you think after you can get the upper hand. Use your judgment sometimes a manouvers elf or non manouver.

Sometimes you lose thats for sure, pilot like a normal elf team and aviod get multiple hits from one attack, save as much mobility you can and go for they, hitting they with one attack each is good (or get a kill, always for the) and makes things very more easy as they gonna be in "range of AoA". If they know that can be one shot they play with much more caution and thus give you more time.

13. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

I've tried this build in low ELO, but my opponents are so trigger happy that they move up to VP vs 3 elf war. That is absolute suicide vs COB of course. With this deck, which trades some high damage attacks and draw for tech cards, its a much closer fight although I'll get some use from purging strike sometimes. So at low ELO, COB performs better.

I can see this doing very well against enemies that try to stall and maintain distance, though. Closing the distance is the hardest part of playing 3 war and why you see so much sprint team, immovable, team walk etc. Quick run + AoA is a neat way of doing it.

Don't worry about rinco, Macizo, because people are discussing it on world chat and trying it out, and that's more important than likes. It could even shift the meta toward defender's block.

Macizo likes this.
  14. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I dont worry about rinco, what i want is hear yours opiniones even from robauke.

Defenders block meta? I dont think so when i face defenders its more easy than blocking Mace.

I would like disscusing in the chat but i very slow writer. So pm if u want.

What is COB?

Expererience with the build its key, i lost a lot when start playing it... And when i get bored from it( but still over 65% wins).

Vs wizards passing the first round and keep the dash its good.

15. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

The scary thing about this build is the powerful movement cards drawn by Maneuvers: Quick Run, Violent Spin, Laser Thrust, Vicious Thrust and Brutal Charge. There are literally no weak movement cards to be drawn. Also there's enough of them to almost be certain something will get drawn. It's effectiveness is on par with the warrior in Soularmadyl's super squadron, only with less Violent Spin and more Vicious Thrust.

I am probably wrong about the strategy thing. You're right about most builds having limited strategies. When I say lack of variety I am really just referring to the three warriors being almost identical. For the build to be exciting the three warriors would need to be purposefully different. Different warriors would lead to them being used slightly different in whichever strategy.

Macizo likes this.
  16. <TueNichtGut>

<TueNichtGut> Kobold

Hey Macizo, gz to the 1800. I came up with a similiar build derived from my 2 nova 2 aoa controlmage build, which held its ground pretty nicely last map rotation. one of my warrior is running 2 zoltans and a 2 xfrenzy armor though, for some fun ranged and bashing option. I was exited to play them, but suffered many defeats strangely, reading that u had ur problems at start too, i might give them a shot again, maybe i need to adjust my tactics a bit.
    Anyway nice build, will tell you about the success of the ranged toon.
    Take Care
    TueNichtGut

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  17. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Congratulations on reaching the 1800 mark! It's a pretty tight build. I imagine positioning the warriors in "safe" VP spots out of wizard LoS against slow builds, and just going in with ease and beating the opponent damage-wise against faster builds.

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  18. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Added a second team

Edit: Anyone who tells me what COB means.

19. realm151

realm151 War Monkey

COB = cult of the bejeweled. rinco69 posted a link to the build. as the name suggests, the build is centered around the high damage and above-average mobility of the common bejeweled shortsword

20. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

thanks