Mauve Manticore Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. scenario name: Very bad cat
    in game username: Username2Taken

Prologue:
    You are a very bad cat... Once again, you messed up in the kitchen trying to get the food. As usual, you expect your slave, calling himself your master, to come downstairs and clean everything for you, but this time, he looks very angry and yells that he can't bear you anymore and that he is going to kill you!
    Quick! You have to escape through the hole at the street's extremity, helped by the other cats. But be carefull dogs will try to stop you. Also, the pavement was poorly maintained and rumors say the trees in the abandoned manor's garden have come to life...

very bad cat screenshot 1.gif
    very bad cat screenshot 2.gif

Epilogue:
    After many efforts, you managed to escape and now you are free. You loudly search the nearby dustbins, waking up the whole neighbourhood, and find some items that could be interesting.

Special thanks to BlackVoidDeath for helping me making this scenario more difficult and worth being in the mauve manticore thread!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Muncher Run
    by Fanturluche

I am now in one of the most remote places of Cardhuntria. For this is where takes place one of the most spectacular shows nature can offer. Few are those who have ever witnessed it.
    It is at this time of the year, that the Thought Munchers swim up this very river to lay their eggs, and thus complete their cycle of life.
    Several large predators have already gathered for the event. As for me, I found a tree that will make a decent hiding place as well as a nice observation spot.
    Few Munchers have made it this far up, and even fewer will reach their final destination.
    [​IMG]
    Uh? What am I doing in this tree? Where am I? WHO am I? Why can't I remember ANYTHING? What the hell is going on here?!?
    Huh? Not again!
    Every year I feel so exited about finally watching a Muncher Run, and every time I end up staring mindlessly at some boring sharkbears instead. How could I forget?
    Next year, I WILL see a Muncher Run. I'll start packing gear right away.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  3. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Title: Panic at the Retirement Home!

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name of Account: Wandere

Text to display before:

Ah, retirement. You've all finally reached your golden years, and can settle down for the simple, blissful lives you've always dreamed about. Ah, but what's this? A group of... whippersnappers ! And they all wish to tear you from the sanctuary you've spent many months turning into your home?! Well, this cannot stand!

Can the grey heirs of experience prove that age is truly but a number? Or will this brutal windstorm of youth rule the day?

Text to display after:

At last, your home is safe. You've culled the young and taught them a valuable lesson: that new tricks aren't so important when you have Massive Chop. You grab cantankerously at the remnants of your slaughter, before heading back home, grumbling about youth and aches, and whatever else enters your (elder) mind, really.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: Forbidden love

[​IMG]

Name of account: Vlamona

Before text:

A tribe of frost imps and a tribe of acid imps lived side by side. Their laws said a relationship between an acid imp and a frost imp was forbidden.

But the love between an acid imp man and a frost imp woman was too strong to be constrained by law. They ran away from their tribes. They got a nice house and some pet cats.

But now their tribes have found them. The tribes have sent the three bravest acid imp warriors and also some hired help to punish the couple.

Can you save the sweethearts? You mustn’t let either of them die.

After text:
    The couple ran away again. So far away that their tribes never found them.

They lived happily together. They had 46 children with bizarre acid frost powers.

Edit: Forgot to upload the file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    BlackVoidDeath and Wandere like this.
  5. scenario name: Barbaric Bureaucracy
    in game username: Username2Taken

Prologue:
    Have you heard of the feared Alet Zhav recently in cardhuntria? No. Why? Because he was having bureaucratic issues of course! As you certainely know, all villains must report their evil actions at the evil corp, but everyone also knows you have to fill a lot of boring formulars and it is a really long procedure.
    Today as Alet Zhav came to the evil corp for the 10th time, his demand to meet the bureaucrat 331B in charge of the record of his wrongdoing was rejected again, he got very angry....
    Helped by Lumbrezz the Mad, who brought only 2 copies of the formular 42A bis instead of 3, and by your servants, make your way through the waiting room and the antechamber to reach the bureaucrat's desk and give him your formular. Or just kill him, but you have to do it before he can fill the 7 copies of the formular requiered to ban you from the evil corp!

Be carefull, the two secretaries, the persons waiting for really, really longer than you and the two guard golems won't let you reach the bureaucrat easily...

barbaric bureaucracy 1.gif
    barbaric bureaucracy 2.gif

Epilogue:
    Finally, you are done with all this paper work. Time to go do some more evil business mwuhahahahahaha!

Attached Files:

BlackVoidDeath and Wandere like this.
  6. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

I was planning on making a series of these, but I couldn't really think of much more. The difficulty in both can be adjusted using the stars needed. Can be used together, separately or not at all.

Username: Killer74

Indigestion

Intro:
    After a successful rummage around the dumpsters of those ill-bred fussy eaters, you scavenge enough to eat. You sit down to a hearty meal, gobbling down all sorts of succulent things. Perhaps not the freshest of food, a few maggots here and there; but it all adds to the taste. After a while, you begin to feel nauseous. Your head starts to spin. You collapse to the ground, your insides in turmoil...

Screenshot:
    Tag: noKillPoints, 9 vps required for Gary (instead of 10 in screenshot), all vp1 terrain (vp for Gary).
    Note that there is one less mutant egg than in screenshot.
    Indigestion_small.jpg

Epilogue:
    You puke, getting rid of the unwanted visitors. Your stomach rumbles, you are ready to begin the quest for your next meal...

Headache!

Intro:
    Ah! Is there nothing better than a brisk swim in a cold lake as the sun shines overhead? Clambering over the bank after getting sufficiently cooled down, you stretch out and bask in the sunlight. As time passes, your head begins thumping, and your vision starts to blur. You try to get up, but you can't control your muscles properly. You can only wonder what's going on inside your head.
    Screenshot:
    Tag: noMinionKillPoints
    Headache.jpg

Epilogue:
    The headache recedes, and you can now see properly. You rise shakily to your feet and continue on your way, resolving not to go swimming ever again.

Attached Files:

7. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: Acid, Lava and Pig

Account: Vlamona

[​IMG]

Before Text:
    Once upon a time three good friends went on a treasure hunt.

After Text:

The three friends split the treasure between them, then went their separate ways.

The acid fiend used his new wealth to gain political power, skillfully applying bribery and hired assassins. He eventually became the prime minister of a small island nation.

The pig started a vegetarian restaurant and married four sows.

The lava spitter quickly squandered his gold on drinking and gambling. He later got a job guarding a cursed labyrinth.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Master Goo and Wandere like this.
  8. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: Hurry up, the boss is coming!

[​IMG]

Before text:
    The good thing about working for Jilora the necromancer is that she’ll put a spell on you that makes you resurrect if you die.

The bad thing about working for Jilora is that if you do something stupid, like going to sleep when you should have been guarding her castle and then waking up to find that it is full of intruders, she’s gonna get very very angry.

But there’s still a little time left before Jilora returns. Maybe you can kill all the intruders before then. Maybe she never has to find out.

Note: Gary should say “Your characters will respawn every turn if they get killed. Every open square are victory terrain, but only for your enemies.”

After text:

You quickly dump the corpses into the lava. The last cockroach sinks beneath the liquid rock just as Jilora walks in the door.
    “Everything okay here?” she asks.
    “Everything’s fine.” you say.

Looks like you’re not getting fired today.

Attached Files:

9. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: The Riddle of the Sphinx
    [​IMG]

Before text:
    Three monkeys are traveling through the jungle when they encounter a sphinx. The monkeys draw their weapons and rushes forward, screaming their battle cry.

The sphinx recites a spell. A fog surrounds the monkeys. When it lifts they find themselves in a strange place. They hear the voice of the sphinx, though they cannot see him. “Because you attacked me you must solve my riddle or die. I will give you one hint: if you kill an enemy it will come back to life. The rest you must figure out for yourselves.”

Note: Since not everybody reads the before stories maybe Gary should say: “The enemies will respawn if you kill them.”

After text:
    The monkeys find themselves back in the jungle in front of the sphinx.

He says “Let that be a lesson for you to not…”

Before he can finish his sentence all three monkeys are upon him. They quickly stab him to death.

Attached Files:

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Perimeter Defence

By: BlackVoidDeath

Story:
    *Security Camera* Enemies, Detected...
    *Dog 1* Woof! ("Enemies approaching!")
    *Dog 2* Rawr... ("Stay back")
    *Dog 1* Grrr... (*Intimidating the zombies*)
    *Sirens* Woop Woop Woop (Red Alert. Take your sniper positions!)

Perimeter Defence.jpg

Epilogue:
    BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
    The snipers have finally taken their positions atop the wall, and shot every last one of the zombies down.
    You send out a group of scavengers to seek out any valuable items among the corpses of the undead.

Attached Files:

Killer74, Username2Taken and Wandere like this.
  11. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: A Philosophical Discussion
    [​IMG]

Before text:
    A famous acid fiend philosopher came up with the theory that if a magnet is large enough it could attract any kinds of matter, not just certain metals. He believed that gigantic magnets lay buried underground and that this is what causes gravity.

This annoyed a gnarl philosopher with a different theory: that gravity was caused by the sky pushing the ground away from it because the sky thought the ground was super gross.

The gnarl brought along some of his colleagues to have a philosophical discussion with the acid fiend. The acid fiend what chatting with a couple of friends when the visitors arrived…

After text:
    And so it was settled: gravity is caused by gigantic underground magnets. A couple of weeks later a nearby king ordered his soldiers to start digging for the magnets for use in warfare.

Note: The starting position of the enemies are random

Attached Files:

12. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: Wisps in the Basement
    [​IMG]

Before text:
    The demon summoner Marglynda accidentally summoned three blinking wisps into the basement of her mansion. She sent a motley group of creatures down to deal with the pests.

After text:
    When Marglynda learned that all her creatures had been killed, she decided to flee from her home.

Hey! Free mansion!

Attached Files:

13. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Title: Don’t worry about the dragon
    [​IMG]

Before text:
    “We’ve been having a problem with undead creatures in our forest. We want them gone. I understand your firm provides these kinds of services?”
    “We do. For a reasonable fee, of course.”
    “Excellent. You’re hired. And you don’t have to worry about the dragon.”
    “What’s that now?”
    “The dragon. Don’t worry about it; you don’t have to kill it.”
    “Uhm. Okay.”

Note:
    Gary should say “You don’t have to kill the dragon to win this scenario. If you do manage to kill the dragon it will earn you no victory points.”

After text:
    “Thanks for getting rid of those undead pests. We’re a bit short on cash at the moment, so please accept this treasure chest instead.”

Attached Files:

14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Title: The Eternal Loser

Account: Voltaumento

[​IMG]

"Before" text: Ah, Alonzo. Always a lone marksman, always a greedy human being and never a winner. One day he met something his eyes have never seen before - a mutant. A rather friendly mutant too! He got incredibly attached to the person he thought is the best human being on the planet - after all, he did give him something to eat, something to drink, some place to sleep. He also lured him here - to a small chamber to take him down. "Why?" It's always about money. He knew he could buy himself the prettiest home in Woodhome if he managed to exchange the Mutant for the bounty that's set on him and others similar to him. That's why he prepared his chamber - First of all, a fellow Necromancer granted him and his henchmen two extra lives. Then, he hired a Priest almost as greedy as he is and two Servants to aid him. Finally, he planted the cameras, so that he could watch the video of him capturing you every day, forever boosting his already Melvelous-like ego. The only way out is to break the spell on Alonzo and kill him three times.

"After" text: Something told you to check out on the human beings behind the walls. Your mutated guts were able to punch through the door with starving servants and a priest inside. Turns out they were trapped and forced to help Alonzo. Grateful to have met such a nice mutant, and forgetful that your life has a price, they let you walk away with whatever you find after the Eternal Loser.

Notes: Your starting position, as well as Alonzo's, are random. Servants and the priest are in a random location behind the walls.
    If there are any hints Gary could give you, I'd like to put this one in:

"Hold on to the Adaptable, as Alonzo, as good of a Crossbowman he is, can only attack you with Piercing attacks."
    "Killing Cameras doesn't award you points. Just makes the Alonzo more furious that he had lost some footage."

Attached Files:

15. Greenskin High
    ***Updated at 28/9/2016***
    account: think_panther

Prologue:
    Being a teacher at Greenskin High is not an easy task, even if you are a troll. Goblin and orc students are true incarnations of chaos! One moment you were teaching them Demonic Tongues 101 and the next, a class riot breaks out! Time to deliver some old school punishment and send them one by one to the principal's office. Judging from the decorations of his waiting room he's not a funny guy. Not funny at all.

Greenskin High new.jpg

Epilogue: Ahh! Troll juice. The teacher's best friend. Good thing you had a good amount of it available. You hear some ghastly screams from the room next door. It seems the principal is "scolding" them. And then silence... Ahh! Silence. The teacher's best friend.

1. Always stay near the orcs so you can hit them in case they use Taunt
    2. The goblin grunts can actually help you gain health if you have Troll Regeneration and they hit you. So does keeping one attack in your hand with Blind Rage.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    SpaceDoubt and tolkien like this.
  16. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

The Maze Of Illusions
    Account: Potatus
    Prologue: One day you found out that Lord Batford was scamming you...
    Coincidentally the king himself that day asked you to help him out a little bit...
    Your mission: Silence Lord Stafford for all eternity and give back all the money stolen from the people(including you).
    Intel: Lord Stafford is hiding in the maze of... ILLUSIONS!
    You bring two of your most loyal henchmen and enter the maze..

Screenshot (64).gif

Epilogue : You take what is rightfully yours and gives the rest to the king.

Attached Files:

17. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Cockroach Confrontation

Pre-Battle Text

After having won 'The Gauntlet', one of Cardhuntria's most prestigious and dangerous contests, Holloborn the Nimble now lives a life of luxury thanks to his winnings. Sitting one afternoon on the balcony of his mansion, he notices a group of townsfolk from the nearby village approach.
    "Holloborn! Please help us! Giant cockroaches have infested the crypt!", they cry.
    Being used to such requests, Holloborn immediately dons his battle armour and calls for his four most loyal servants to guard the entrance of the crypt while he ventures inside.
    Once inside, Holloborn notices a door at the far end of the chamber, through which he can see several giant nests of cockroaches - this must be the source of the infestation! However, to get there, he'll have to use his acrobatic skills to traverse the streams of water running across the crypt floor.

Post-Battle Text
    With the cockroach nests destroyed, the crypt is free from monsters! The villagers thank Holloborn profusely as he returns to his mansion, offering him sacks of gold as a reward. Once again, he has emerged victorious, even with the odds stacked against him!

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Account: adajon42

Attached Files:

18. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

The resurrection
    Account: Potatus
    Prologue: Hundreds of years... No... Thousands of years you've waited for this moment...
    You've been revived...
    But you are not fully revived yet due to the lack of experience of those who've revived you.
    One problem remains...Those pesky humans are trying to stop your resurrection...
    SLAUGHTER THEM ALL you command to your army of undead.
    Screenshot (80).gif
    Prologue: Now that the humans are dead you can... you can.... get a life ;).

Attached Files:

Wandere likes this.
  19. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

The Case of the Fiendish Trolls
    [​IMG]

Before text:
    The bishop sits behind his desk in his office. In front of him sits a priest.
    “There’s rumors that some trolls have been summoning some pretty nasty things,” says the bishop.
    “The world is full of nasty things,” mutters the priest.
    “I want you to investigate,” says the bishop “And I want this done by the book! That’s why I’m giving you a partner to make sure you behave. He’s a mutant.”
    “I don’t need no stinking mutant to babysit me!”
    “Yes you do! You’re a loose cannon, Gregorius! You’ll do as I say unless you wanna get suspended again!”

After text:

“Did you investigate?” asks the bishop.
    “I did more than that,” says the priest. “I made sure those trolls kicked the breathing habit.”
    “I don’t like you, Gregorius,” says the bishop. “But you do get results.”

Note:

Gary should say “Every open square are enemy victory squares. You get no victory points for killing.”

Attached Files:

20. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Chef Garcotto’s New Job
    [​IMG]

Before text:
    People warned you not to work for the Hyper Thalamus. But you’re an excellent chef. You were sure you could make food that would please even an ancient monstrosity. And for a while things went great.

Then one day the Hyper Thalamus came into the kitchen and said the palace was under attack and that it was time for you to fight. You tried to protest, saying you were merely a chef. But the Hyper Thalamus cast a spell and suddenly you were standing in a room full of skeleton warriors...

After text:
    You quit your job that very day. Later you became the chef for a family of hell mantises.

Attached Files: