Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

... if it's range 3, then it's no longer a touch...

2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

You touch one and then the electricity spreads.

3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Bloody Strike

Melee attack
    Type Slashing
    Damage 7 - Range 1
    If you are below half health, add 5 to the damage of this attack.

Open Veins

Melee attack
    Type Slashing
    Damage 4 - Range 1
    Step 1
    This attack does the same damage at the start of the turn. Duration 1

4. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Bouncing Bolt

Magic attack
    Type arcane
    Damage 2 - Range 8
    Roll 4+ Keep

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Pushback Step

Magic Arcane
    Damage 1 - Range 4

Step 1. Cone. Slide Back 2.

Pyrious and timeracers like this.
  6. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I don't understand that ^
    Isn't there a card that already does that, minus the step?
    In the meantime:

Frozen Feet
    Magic attack
    Type ice
    Damage 5 - Range 3
    Halt Duration 2

7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Wex: Sounds like you understood it just fine...

Meanwhile, I hope you intend all your Duration 2+ Halt cards for GM enemies -- or maybe purple+ quality for players?

EDIT: Oops, I was thinking Stun. (Which, I recall a lot of Stun cards, too.) So maybe not as high as purple. But high up there.

8. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I really don't mind the purpouse of the card.
    I hope to make player friendly cards, albeit sometimes on the powerful side.

Hands Of The Fallen

Magic assist
    Type unholy
    Burst 1
    Create Sticky Ground (Stop ; Halt Duration 2)

9. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Shadow Jump

Movement
    Move X squares
    You can use this card and end its movement only if no enemies are in line of sight.

10. hello world

hello world Hydra

Feinting chop
    Gold +
    Hard to block 3 if it deals damage to an enemy all other enemies adiacent to you discard a block card.
    Damage 11

11. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Chaos Maul (new mechanic: Chaos - roll a die for type of damage - 1 fire, 2 acid, 3 laser, 4 piercing, 5 cold, 6 holy)

Melee attack
    Range 2 - Damage 6
    Minor erratic damage
    Chaos

12. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

What about some ranged weapons?
    Should I try to make some ranged cards for warriors?

13. billiska

billiska Ogre

I want you to consider how strategy aspect of the game might be changed (or even ruined) by such design.
    Truth is, players may make clever decision only if there are some information to work on.
    One important source of such information is from the probability of cards given the class.

For example, a warrior has mostly melee attacks and almost nothing that attacks 4 squares away.
    The opponent seeing that warrior could make decision to stay out of his attack range.

However, if a warrior happens to have equal chance of melee attack and range 4 attack.
    Then the opponent would get no information (in contrast to the above) from seeing that the class is warrior.
    Thus, have no means of making strategic play and the game comes closer to rock-paper-scissors.

In conclusion, if you care about the strategic aspect of the game.
    Make sure your range warrior attack is much rarer to have and/or comes with handicaps that will also make it rare in the meta.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

That was never the point.
    I enjoy creating cards. I care not for their use.
    Obviously, being a player of the game, I like to make them player friendly.
    Probably you are right though. It's not the role of the warrior to have a ranged weapon in this game.

15. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

What card makes a warrior attack 4 squares away?

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Arcane Feedback which is on boots.

seth arue and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  17. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

Glass Blade
    Attack, melee slashing, 6 damage, 1 range, warrior card. When this card deals damage, target is struck again for 3 unblockable, unbuffable piercing damage.
    Berserker's Strike
    Attack, melee slashing, 7 damage, 1 range, warrior card. This card deals double damage (roll 4+)(triggers before buffs).
    Lightning Strike
    Attack, magic electricity, 5 damage, 5 range, wizard card. Unbuffable, hard to block 3, characters adjacent to the target square take 2 unbuffable and hard to block 3 electric damage.
    Dimension Shift
    Utility, magic arcane, wizard card. You and all allies move 1, all enemies move 1 randomly.
    Life Link
    Utility, magic unholy, 6 range, priest card. Attach to a target enemy and a target ally: Whenever this character takes damage, deal that damage to all characters with this effect, duration 1 or until character takes damage.
    Death Slice
    Attack, melee unholy, 1 damage, 1 range, priest card. Unbuffable, penetrating when this card does damage, increase the damage by half of the target's remaining health, this card cannot deal more than 10 damage.

18. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I really like @Super4011's Dimension Shift (as long as it costs plenty -- somewhere around gold maybe?), but I believe it should just be a Move card -- not Utility.

Which reminds me. My Kleptomaniac card (or something like that) really ought to be an Attack -- not Utility. It doesn't matter what you take and from whom, the fact is that you're removing a card from someone else's hand, and that's an attack.

Also, I find Life Link interesting... It should surely be rare. Couldn't tell you value -- paper or so? Hmmmm. (Its capability to help and hurt remind me a bit of Savage Curse, actually.)

For that matter, I find Death Slice interesting. Maximum 10 (instead of 16-17) on an MP dwarf warrior, Maximum 8-9 on an MP elf wizard. Too bad that favors dwarf warriors so much, though...

19. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Life link remembered me something.
    One of the best abilities of the Calculator in FF tactics was the "divide".
    Any times he took damage, half was to him, and half was to the original dealer.
    So, I tought of how it should work on Card hunter.

Divide
    Assist
    Whenever you take damage, heal half of that damage and the damaging charater thakes as much damage damage (type holy?) as the life you gained.

Duration 2 (should be in line with holy nimbus)

20. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Spreading fungus
    Target square becomes Fungus Terrain (At the start of the roud occupant takes 4 poison damage. A random square within 2 squares become Fungus Terrain with duration 2. That new terrain does nothing the turn it is created.)
    Duration 2. Range 6.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.