Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Personally I'd only buy the White Flame but it depends on your playstyle.

FDrybob likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I wouldn't bother with St. Portia's Maul, unless you want it to your collection. St. Portia's Maul sits in the middle, trying to get best of both worlds. For vamp attacks, Vampire Blade beats it. If you want BIG attacks, I'd rather use Dark Drewg's Mace or Cudgel Of Wrath/Club Of Wrath.

Speaking of Cursed Radcannons, I'm going to pick my 3rd from RR. I'm also going to get my first Quick Jon's Buckler for my collection.

Being able to afford to buy legendaries, doesn't mean you have to buy them. I wouldn't buy any of those, if that would bring me under 10k gold, unless you have ~50 or fewer legendaries to collect.
    • Boots Of Etzicatl: Multiple and/or drawing more consistently Brutal Charges can be quite fun in some SP adventures. In MP though, more often that not you'll be spending that boot token for something else. If possible, take Tochtli Boots out for a test drive and see if you really want or need to get boots with three Brutal Charges.
    • White Flame: Sooner or later you might want to try to build a dedicated burn wizard with lots of legendary arcane items (to get those Glob Of Flames & Flame Jets). If you feel that Red Flame is giving you too many Ember Bursts / not enough Instant Burns, White Flame (or Overheated Staff) is the way to go. This would be my first pick out of these four, if you really
    • Gauixl's Sacred Maquah: I wouldn't use priest for my primary armor destroyer. Use wizards for that job or use penetrating attack on your warrior(s). Sundering Strike is nice, but three in one divine weapon is too much in my opinion.
    • Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock: Unless you want the max amount of Obliterating Chops for a single warrior, don't buy this. Stick with Bloodchopper and pair it up with weapons that give you enough mobility to land those big hits.

Melancthon and FDrybob like this.
  3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I disagree with your opinion on St. Portia's Maul. It's a strong niche tokenless Divine Weapon.

FDrybob likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Whether Dark Drewg's Mace or St. Portia's Maul is better seems to boil down to playstyle and personal preference. I used Drewg's until I got Portias. The buffs on Drewg's can be particularly handy for melee support, but mixing in a few vamp attacks can really help sustain a tank/buff wiz support priest. Freeing up tokens for EttSC items is a prime consideration for running a tokenless weapon, and if it isn't used for cycling, I like maxing the attacks. Consider your own style and priorities when choosing.

Melancthon and FDrybob like this.
  5. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Looking at my first Darkforce Nunchaku do vamps actually use this?

Also considering my second Red Jon's Staff as seem to often pick it up for low level farming. Not sure I want to dump 2500 into low level farming though.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It seems unlikely to me, but you never know.
    I wouldn't recommend it, but I primarily do low level farming with Firestorm/Flash Of Agony. It's how I got overstocked on Red Jon's Staff.

7. Darkgryf

Darkgryf War Monkey

I would like some help with my randimar´s. This week I have these legendaries:
    • boxton´ razorstaff
    • crazy sal´s halberd
    • perfect footwork
    • sander´s force mirror
    • st. portia´s maul
    • the hackmaster
    • the perforator
    • the strong-arm
    • emu´s staff
    • zoltan´s helmet
    and for epics i´m considering these:
    • terminator mask
    • wound´s vampiric shroud
    • and a third aegis
    i have none of these items except for 2 aegis, i´m deciding between sal´s halberd, portia´s maul, hack master and strong-arm for legendaries and for epics i have no idea.
    Any great buys or should i save my gold?

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If you run warriors, I recommend The Strongarm. Portia's and Sal's are great too, but I think strongarm fits well in more builds.
    The Vampiric Shroud (or Flax's Thirsty Vial, which is a re-skin of the same item) is kind of a must-have if you want to run vamps.

FDrybob likes this.
  9. FDrybob likes this.
  10. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I've seen this happen, but only in CO-OP.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Which is why I said "kind of". Epics are generally more easily obtained and definitely cheaper than legendaries. In hindsight, it is possible to use 3x Draining Console per vamp, and none of the other divine items mentioned if you only play MP. So I'll revise my earlier vague statement thusly:
    Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud (and its re-skin) are the best values for tokenless vampiric divine items.

FDrybob likes this.
  12. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  13. the real toast

the real toast War Monkey

14. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

How many of each do you have already? Do you have any builds requiring either of those items?

15. the real toast

the real toast War Monkey

I don't have any of either, I have a control wizard build with illusion/ burst wizard that asmod's works great with. And Crazy Sal I can see being very handy for farming and just an overall good weapon for my priest. Or would it be better to double dip on Crazy Sal's? I mean I can probably get another 2.5k over the next week, Also how do I double dip?

16. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Well, I think that you should get Asmod's Telekinetic Chain first, and then accumulate gold for Crazy Sal's Halberd. Also, Crazy Sal's is a weapon, not a divine weapon, so it can only be used on warriors. I have never double dipped before; I have no idea how it works.

17. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Here's my order.
    1. Searing Pain (Update: Just bought it): Yup. It's that good.
    2. Captain Cedric's Boots: Best minor token Team Walk boots.
    3. The Softener: Unique and quite powerful if you build around it. Xek's Nanocarbon Plate might be sometimes more preferable, if you want to maximize the chance of drawing another armor to reduce the damage even further. For this to work, you want the Cushioning Armor to be the newest (left-most) armor.
    4. Quellic's Boots: Quite luxury item. Kerrick's Steel Boots do the main job (getting armor more consistently) just the same at lower price. I own two pairs and don't really notice the difference in SP farming.
    5. Rod Of Palver Pree (Have one already): Really good epic, but if you don't desperately need it right now, it's quite easy to farm.
    6. Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud (Already have 2 Flax vials and hand of melv). Ditto, buy it only if you need more vamp attacks now. All epics are quite easy to get if you just keep signing up for leagues.
    7. Igneous Scorchstaff: The only minor token burning staves I'd use would be Overheated Staff or White Flame to get Instant Burns. Only a collector's item, IMHO.
    8. Unholy Nimbus: Best tokenless buffing armor, but that's not saying much. One of the easiest legendaries to get, if you play low level SP adventures regularly.

Get Asmod's Telekinetic Chain first and consider getting Crazy Sal's Halberd if your gold reserves can take it. Don't even consider the rest. You can't double dip in RR.

RR is offering me three (3) new bad legendaries, that I should buy for my collection: Gzellin's Boots, Hand-held Ram & Waasker's White Cup. Lot's of gold farming or some treasure selling required this week.

Sir Veza and FDrybob like this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I was just typing up responses too, Pawn ninja-ed me - just read the above because he got everything right! ^_^
    (The stuff ↓ is done after)
    ~
    Anyway, about my stuff.
    Chartwell's Ring - My favourite firestorm item, but since I have not been getting the LF for the past month... I think I will pass
    Festive Robe - (Perrio's Kinetic Robes)
    Focused Thinker
    Searing Pain - how many do we need?

Reint likes this.
  19. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Best farming item and (still) one of the best MP items. Both are insta-buy for me. 12x for chartwell and 4x for SP.

No, you don't neeeed 12 chartwell... but it'd sure be sexy ;)

Reint and Sir Veza like this.
  20. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge