Cardhuntrian Festival: A Co-operative Tournament Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Rainingrecon, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Btw! Rainingrecon, I didn't say before, I really like the name you gave this tournament. Kudos on that. I mean, sure, any tourney could be called a "festival" and probably get away with it -- but yours is a team battle tourney, thus every match is a big to-do with a big turn-out and much communication therein (even if much of that is behind each team's closed doors), thus very aptly named! $:^ ] Ntm that whole emphasis on fun and whatnot, and right after New Year's like you said. So yeah. That's all. Just cool stuff on your name there. $:^ J

CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I guess I'll be available, and I'm looking for a team.

3. harels84

harels84 Mushroom Warrior

im looking for a team as well ...

4. OP updated to reflect people who are looking for a team. Since there's 5 of you right now, maybe you guys could figure out who wants to be on who's team. =)

5. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

7. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

how many teams are registered?

8. As of now, 1 team is registered, with another team going through the process (I'm just missing their loadouts).

9. ParodyKnaveBob

@Dieben & @Lucky Dice: Thanks for the vote of confidence, but my name was essentially added to that list by mistake. Whoops! $:^ J

10. Ooooo, a tourney! Too bad the start time is near exam season :( Would love to spectate if I have time though.

11. You're more than welcome to watch! Although I'm slightly troubled by 'exam season'. What school has exams so close to the new year? =p

Also, your profile picture is the face of evil.

12. B-but look at how cute it is!

For some reason a few of my courses shifted policy from "homework on top of homework" to "still assigning homework, but now we only grade tests so have some more of those too"! So now I got tests coming up in late January/early Feburary

13. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I'm still looking for 2 teammates.
    Guys, anyone interrested ?

14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

If you take a look at sign-ups, then you'll know that two of these people shouldn't be here.

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Am i mistaken or is participation / interest suprisingly underwhelming?

16. ParodyKnaveBob

Since my tourney plans elsewhere (very much to my surprise) seem to have fallen apart, go ahead and add my name last-minute to the list if you want, Rr.

Meanwhile, someone nudged me in @Pyrious' direction? PM if you want...
    And now I wonder if @Dieben is also still open... Hm.

I understand any "no" that comes my way. It's not like there's ample time left to really consider what partyanddecks to craft.

17. I will be available for teaming up with, provided the deadline hasn't passed yet.

18. Looking at the number of people interested, I'm almost certain that there won't be 8 teams. However, if everyone still wants to participate in the tournament, then we could have 3 or 4 teams, in a round-robin format.

However, just by looking at the availabilities in the 3 registration posts so far, I don't think it's likely that this tournament will happen. I'm still interested in running a tournament though, so what types of tournaments would you like to see?

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Honestly sorry to hear that, Raining. Worrying that the community seemingly cant steem this sort of format anymore.

I've been thinking about 1 vs 1 (player AND only one character) faceoffs on taylored, small maps as potential tourni setup. If i could dream it up, even character level would be restricted to lvl7, allowing only the use of 2 minor tokens. Should allow for a ton of matches in one go at least. And less bureaucracy seems to be in order these days.

ParodyKnaveBob and Pawndawan like this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

I love the team battle tourney idea, but even just myself in over two weeks' time, various attempts to coordinate a team of three with similar availability fell through. Sorry this went kaput, Rr. ~nodnod~ $:^ \

Thank you for fielding the interested for what might take its place, though! Very Sorcererery of you. $E^ b Some more ideas:
    • has already been said: 2P 1v1 ... a slight twist on that could be 2P 2v2
    • regular 2P 3v3 matches but with your specific rules on items ... although you could amend Hu La Houp's rule slightly from "does not count towards the limit" to "counts as an epic item" (since you do limit epics -- unless you just figure if someone's foolhardy enough to equip 3+ Vicious Circles across their warriors, more power to 'em $;^ b )
    • handicap tournament! only equip items with drawback cards $:^ ] (perhaps some exception rule for slots that have none, such as, "must have at least one black-quality card on the item" (for example, Weak Strike on Martial Skill)) ... why does this kind of tournament sound like it'd be better near the first of April? $:^ P
    EDIT - ideas I forgot to type:
    • 1/1/1 class tourney ... maybe no restriction on races, or maybe imposed 1/1/1 races, too
    • homogenous race/class tourney ... entire teams of potential super-consistency, nuanced variety, or any gradient mixture of the two

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    timeracers likes this.