A fix to the game

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by snickersimba, Jan 6, 2016.

1. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

This is not a complaint, but just something I have noticed.

Wizards are the ONLY pay to win part of cardhunter, they have few staves that are good in the common/uncommon range compared to warriors or priests and its only gotten worse over time. I belive that a few of their good spells (not the extremely good ones like Fireball) should be dropped to common/uncommon, along with a few of their staves being bumped down in rarity. I think that it would be a minor change but a change that drastically inproves cardhunter for everyone.

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

CT5, visak13, Melancthon and 4 others like this.
  3. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I can definitely attest to the power of 6 pearwood or 6 whiterune staves

visak13 likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Pay to Win doesn't work well in Cardhunter. Even if you convert pizza to gold to buy legendaries from a shop, it only works if the item you want randomly shows up. One could wait years and not get one. I'm there.
    Buying Chests is also a crapshoot as @Jarmo and others have demonstrated.
    Winning in CH is about skill and better equipment (in the form of luck in shops & drops), in that order.
    It's true that wizards don't have the equivalent of a Bejeweled/Maneuvers cheap combo. That's probably a good thing.

5. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

Well, theres no point for newer players or players who don't have the expensive legendaries to run wizards then? There NEEDS to be a cheap combo for each class, for the health of the game. Im not as skilled as gulo and I am a very immature person, but I can SEE that this is an issue, cardhunter is supposed to be about chance and skill, correct? Wizards are the anti cardhunter then.... I feel that its an issue they can fix either by editing the games code or by adding an expansion. I certainly am a person who values the idea of class themed expansions. Have a priest expansion, a warrior expansion and a wizard expansion,then have maybe an elf expansion, a dwarf expansion and a human expansion. If you wanna get real strange, do race/class combos like elf warrior or dwarf wizard expansions. Im trying to help the game, not whine. Im sorry if I am an immature idiot but I do mean the best most of the time

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

There are some cheap combos for wizards, just nothing on the order of bejeweled elves. Elven Maneuvers was designed to make elf warriors playable in MP. It turned out to be a little too good, and will probably be nerfed somewhat in the next balance change.
    Before the balance changes when encumber was nerfed, 3 dwarf control wizards was probably the best cheap build in the game. If you check out the Peasant (common and uncommon only) builds you should be able to find something you can use as a base, and beef it up with the higher rarity items you have.
    Top notch burning and burst wizards are expensive. A decent control/terrain wizard doesn't have to be.

7. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

If you are having so much trouble against wizards and you want to use them yourself, you can also try 1 wizard with 2 warriors, or a 1-1-1 team, where the wizard is packed with Smoke Bombs (I've seen this at the 1600 rank). It' s pretty easy to set up, and Smoke Bomb is far from a dead card in this rotation and the last one (even against melee, which is the worst case scenario, can be used to negate range 2 attacks and other ranged cards like buffs). And you can include some cards that you can use through smoke, like Force Cone.

The other approach is what Sir Veza pointed out, control is cheap to make. Control is better against melee than the smoke wizard team, while a Smoke Bomb team is better against burst teams.

8. Cooldood

Cooldood Kobold

Absolutely.

Lots of legendary wiz items does not guarantee winning. Work with what you have and optimize it, is one of the great pleasures of the game!

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.