Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

so it's a good moment to post a submission from the first page I think - opinions?

I tried to make the name as best as possible, so I added in two puns.

Inkfingers likes this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Not edgy enough, too streamlined, way too powerful.
    I think one rule of thumb for AA is, never try to introduce items with more raw power then exisiting best in class items. Odd balls yes, a new power tool, no.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

:(
    well i did ask for advice....
    I still disagree for the "way too powerfull"
    Blue Manchu choosed "Scar of the Hero", which is almost a best in slot imho, so, I'll keep it as it is.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I also think your item is too strong and should take a nerf.

5. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

@Aerendhil - I agree with your logic on loner, and like the overall composition of the item, but also agree that it does look a little bit overpowering. A superb block, an amazing attack and two excellent ones, and then two traits that don't lose you cards? That's hard to pass up on.

Consider swapping Blind Rage for Raging Strike for similar, but less powerful, flavor. Also consider changing Vicious Thrust to something like Startling Strike. Both of these changes, in my opinion, lower the overall part of the item, while preserving a lot of the theme. Also, Darkforce Laser Sword is a good suggestion to avoid copyright infringement point loss. It's the same reason that I named my item repulsing gauntlets instead of directly after Iron Man's repulsor gauntlets.

6. Dargenom

Dargenom Orc Soldier

Alright, just changed my submission. I decided to stick to my original envisioning of the item but with a more appropriate item slot as per Robauke's suggestion. While I loathe editing my submission as much as I tend to, I think this version of my item is ultimately for the best. It's got an off-slot card in there, but I think the theme warranted it so I'll take that risk. While I can't vouch for its power level as I play barely any multiplayer, I can imagine a fair few matchups where its narrow use is punishing enough. There, done. No more obsessing over my submission, this month at least! x)

7. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

But a new one will open in about 1-2 weeks. Flax has us on a wild goose chase.

"Will this ever end?"
    - the Queen of Blades

Dargenom likes this.
  8. Adunien

Adunien War Monkey

1. Adunien
    2. Crown of Mad Cybertyrant
    3. Helmet
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What can you tell me about my item? Please give me a feedback and some tips. Is it too powerful? Thank you in advance.

9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

It's way too powerful:
    • Frenzy Aura doesn't belong to a helmet
    • The only Blind Rage helmet is Angry Jack's Helmet (lvl 12), your item is lvl 16 -> so you combine more powerful cards with Blind Rage, than the currently only available Blind Rage helmet
    • Not even Mimetic Armor has been printed on a minor token item and you want to skip ahead and introduce Mimetic Crown.

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Just like all the EttSC cards are not printed on less than level 17 items.(AA items ignored)
    Mimetic Crown would be fair on a helmet with Rusty Armor and Hardy Mail.

FDrybob likes this.
  11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Its more mystic then scifi though, and i vaguely recall flaxative asking for "high-tech stuff" in the card art or your account will be deleted. Something along those lines.

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

What? He made a threat to delete accounts?

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

No.
    As stated previously, Frenzy Aura isn't currently found on a helmet. You could replace it with Force Field, which is on helmets, and is high tech (which is really the point of AA6), and come in at the same level, token cost, and rarity. If you replace Blind Rage a lower rarity card of equal or less value, it would be Rare instead of Epic.
    I hope you keep Mimetic Crown in any case. ;)

Adunien and FDrybob like this.
  14. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I'm thinking of changing my item submission to "Time Traveler's Watch", arcane item:

Accel Time
    Teleport Self
    Battery Explosion

Thoughts? I do want to keep accel time and battery explosion. Not sure about teleport self...

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As @peonprop pointed out, Battery Explosion isn't on any player items, so it could be risky.
    Since Teleport Self would make the item level 18 (according to Vakaz's Item Creator), I'd recommend going with something rated lower. ;)

ParodyKnaveBob and FDrybob like this.
  16. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

ahh okay ^^ thanks

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Promising and fun theme, but can be definitely be improved upon. Its interesting that Llttle zap is -1 value, but since we are already in minor token territory, those or one of the bolts could make room for something else. Something more in line with the white star adventure. Zap for subtle parry?

18. Harvet

Harvet Goblin Champion

Yea, its good point, that Subtle Parry fits theme better. What can you say about this version?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

would certainly be an interesting itemization of arcane spray. But if it finds acceptance if picked, who knows. More of an SP item now.

20. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

ParodyKnaveBob and FDrybob like this.