[SUGGESTION] Ties for stalemate situations

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Big Murray, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Big Murray

Big Murray Kobold

It doesn't seem particularly fair that when you reach a stalemate situation (as can often happen on certain maps when it gets down to a 1v1 situation and neither one of you can move off the VP points to engage in combat) that the winner is simply the one who has the most time left.

Why not just have a rule for multiplayer where if both players pass five times in a row without making a move, the game ends in a tie? In my opinion it would be much more reflective of the actual outcome of the game.

2. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Yeah, that's a common issue in this map rotation. Something like what you proposed was suggested over a year ago, so I don't think they are willing to make that change for some reason.

3. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I agree it can be unfair with the winner being player eith most time, but I feel creating a tie result would complicate the guild ranking system, not to mention chest reward system (each tied player gets half a chest..?).

So unless there was a way a tie result could be made simpler..
    Or, just put a rocket charge/violent spin in your deck ;))

4. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Chess has the fifty-move rule for this very situation. Cardhunter would be better off with a ?-move rule. The number of turns is subjective. I believe five is too short, as I might wish to draw out the perfect hand. Perhaps a vote is needed? 5, 25, 50? Also no rewards. Just the chance to walk away without wasting 20-40 minutes of our lives.

Christofff and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Unfortunately there are no 'ties' in the game - it can only handle wins and losses right now. I like games that allow draws, so who knows. Maybe we can work on this.

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Draws can't have rewards. If they did, and they did not affect your ranking, I assume collusion would be on the rise. I could be wrong, but it would be really easy to garner chests with your fellow draw....er.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah that's definitely a wrinkle.

8. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Agree with Rinco. Why not after draw after 15 turns of both players passing, that's a good number? Gives enough time to draw your rocket charge. But to be even more comprehensive, since the sneaky player on more time could occasionally just move off then back on to his victory square to still circumvent this rule, what about; a draw is declared after 15 turns where neither player plays an ATTACK card?

And to prevent collusion, In the event of a draw, no prizes are given, and there is no loss or gain in ELO.

Also, what about, there is an option to agree on a draw. If both players click it, game ends in a draw. This will be great for, when you are versus a fellow guild teammate, who you don't want to play and lose your Elo if you lose to him, especially at towards the end of the month, when your pushing for guild points and want to play against opposing guilds.

Edit- just realised this last could also be drawback, since guild teammates at high ELO could also mutually draw to avoid the cards being observed.