Idea for new card/equipment

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by AaronD, Dec 31, 2015.

1. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

New Card:

Card Name:
    Equip, Soldier!
    Quality: Emerald or Amethyst
    Description:
    "Create a random Attack, Block, Armor and Move Card and put it in targets hand."
    Lore Text: "A good equipped soldier is prepared for anything! "

I think this would be a great card, since it gives you the option to completely turn the tables with "Equip, Soldier!". A cornered wizard with 10 life may be able to block or at least tank the next attack from a warrior or he can try to run away or even try to get to a weaker target and attack with the random attack card.

But this card also has a drawback. What you get is completely random. If you need a melee block and you get a projectile block, you may be dead, no matter which armor, weapon or movement card you got. Or you get a heavy armor and only a walk card, letting you move only 1 tile away from the danger. So I dont think it is fairly balanced, since it mostly depends on luck.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

This would probably be a bronze or silver card imo. Look to pull the trigger/push the button for comparison. Making this cantrip would make it gold. I like the idea, but maybe the card draw can be limited to certain attacks/blocks/armor/moves to make it a tighter concept?

3. Krunail

Krunail Kobold

Notice the AND in
    That's enormous card advantage. I'll confess I don't know much about balance, but this card seems huge, probably too good to be in the game.
    Also, the item Perfect Guidance already exists. The proposed item can't be legendary either because Shuffle, Team! is only an uncommon and Battlefield Training is common.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    timeracers likes this.
  4. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

I think it is Emerald or Amethyst, since you get 4(!) random cards from given category (attack, block, armor AND a move card). Just think about it: You keep 2 cards from the previous round, in the next round you draw another 2 cards + move card (now you have 4 cards + 1 move card) and if you use Equip, Soldier! you get another 4 cards, meaning you have a total of 9 cards. So unless your enemy has death touch or punishing bolt/strike, a character with 9 useful cards is really a danger (especially since you have 2 move cards). And if you are lucky, you draw mighty bludgeon, cushion armor, healing block (dont know the name) and rocket dash boots. It's unlikely, but possible.

5. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

1. I think it isn't op, since it is random. I mean, if you have a rocket charge, the enemy will likely not predict that you will rocket charge at him from a 5 tile distance (even over impassable terrain) and do full 15 damage that isn't blockable. With this, you can pretty much one-shot an elven-wizard (well, 2 health left). Furthermore, you will only have 1 Equip, Soldier! in your whole deck, making it more or less unlikely to draw it in the perfect moment. Emerald and Amethyst cards are supposed to be game changing and since it is a legendary item, it will be kinda rare in the community.
    2. I will change the name, forgot that it already exists. Thanks for mentioning it. :)
    3. Why can't that item be legendary? Didnt know there are certain rules of what decides when an item is legendary or not.

6. Krunail

Krunail Kobold

3. There are. Basically, having cards with high rarities or muliples of the same card increases the rarity of the item.
    2. You're welcome :)
    1. Yeah, I have no idea of the average card qualities in the various categories. It's just a gut feeling. At the very least I'd restrict it to player-available cards only, though. I still think drawing four cards is enormous and probably too good. Compare the card draw to Inspirational Thinking for instance - and that one's self-targetted. I also wouldn't necessarily call stuff like Dual Laser Beacon a game changer. The real game changers seem to be based off of combinations of cards so far, like Talented Healer and vamp attacks, or All Out Attack and a strong attack, or Savage Curse and burst.

7. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

1. I think a better balance would be, that you can only get gold cards at max with this card (no emerald or amethyst cards). This also increases the chance of getting weak items (like weak chop). Also don't forget that it is possible to draw cards with black quality, which can give you a heavy disadvantage (examples: Raging Blade, Heavy Armor).
    2. Changed it to Perfect Order.
    3. Since the item is legendary and requires a major power token, it should be possible. Perfect Footwork (legendary elve skill) has 1 gold and 2 silver. And my suggested equipment has 1 emerald, 1 silver and 1 bronze. So both items have the same quality rating if you take this list as reference: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Cards

8. Krunail

Krunail Kobold

Rarity isn't quality. Check out Relic Of St. Darqar and compare to Bejeweled Shortsword. Quality is the color of the title bar with + and - modifiers, determining the level of the item. Rarity is the C, U or R in a circle at the bottom right of a card's image, determining the item's rarity.

seth arue likes this.
  9. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

1. I think a better balance would be, that you can only get gold cards at max with this card (no emerald or amethyst cards). This also increases the chance of getting weak items (like weak chop). Also don't forget that it is possible to draw cards with black quality, which can give you a heavy disadvantage (examples: Raging Blade, Heavy Armor).
    2. Changed it to Perfect Order.
    3. Since the item is legendary and requires a major power token, it should be possible. Perfect Footwork (legendary elve skill) has 1 gold and 2 silver. And my suggested equipment has 1 emerald, 1 silver and 1 bronze. So both items have the same quality rating if you take this list as reference: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Cards

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

3: Both parts are false, the rarity should be rare because this only has 1 rare and no duplicates, and the level would be over 18(Perfect footwork has 1 gold and 2 silvers because the gold is only rated a silver for elfs and wizards.).

Krunail likes this.
  11. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

Well, The rules are not really logic to me. Then I only suggest the new card. ^^

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I will quickly explain the level system to you, it's quite simple. Add all the cards' values up and divide by 2 if the item is a 6 card item. To find out the value of any set of cards view this. The format of the value is this + or -(adds or subtracts 1 value), general value, warrior value, priest value, wizard value, dwarf value, elf value, human value. D = 0, C =3, E = -3 etc. If the item is usable by only 1 class use the class value. If the item is usable by multiple classes(excluding racial skills) then use the highest of the applicable class values. If it is a racial skill use the racial value. If there isn't a value you are looking for then use the general value.

Krunail likes this.
  13. AaronD

AaronD Kobold

Hm, the page you have given me seems to be bugged or VERY confusing (tried out with IE and firefox):

[​IMG]

Thats how the homepage looks to me :)

14. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

That's CSV (Comma-separated values). Paste it to a spreadsheet program, to get more human readable format.

timeracers likes this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Open Office (freeware) does a pretty good job if you don't have a commercial favorite.