Caverns of Chaos

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Finally was able to beat the caverns!
    caverns_win.jpg

2. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Just had the most hilarious wave 10 encounter I've seen in a while:

[​IMG] Terrifying start! I moved one of the green mages to just under the suit of armour there, completely missing that it was in a robot's sight. It looks like it can't get any worse, until the robot spins around, charges up, instantly kills the Elder Mind (in the process mutilating most of the enemy force) and wrecks its own team. :rolleyes:[​IMG]

3. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

^ Congrats on the win!

Man if only I could get The Eldermind on LV10 I might actually beat CoC. I got Blizzy.... 3/3 times that I've made to the last level. By the time I take down the mobs I'm usually down to one character who cannot fend him off. Flee Flee Flee CHOMP gg :(

Maybe I'll give CoC another try now that Blizzy has been downgraded. Or maybe I'll get Melvelous !

4. Cooldood

Cooldood Kobold

Nice thread.

CoC is so much fun now, and balanced. We talk, the devs listen and act fairly, great. Compare this with huge dev teams like Bethesda,...Fallout 4 was really unimpressed, just another Fallout 3 which was also got tedious by the end. Same turd, differet smell!

The original Fallout on the other hand...now that was a game.With epic story and each character unique and interesting. I replayed the whole game 4 times, and each time got something new out of it. Whereas Fallout 4 - talk to dude, do a quest, kill monster, rinse, repeat, sad face :((

But I digress! Congrats CH devs may you keep innovating and maybe a steam re-release with properly updated links to forum FAQ and that guide for new players, this would be great I think. I found a lot of the new players on steam who have now mostly left, they seemed to approach the game as a arcade game rather than careful strategy. They didn't understand it, and thought it was lame those rounds where they didn't draw attack cards. If they understood it, maybe some aould have stayed.

If there was a re-release maybe with a slightly discounted expansion bundle value deal (drool) as incentive..and also you need to advertise!! This game is possibly better for the dads then the kids...Or you could aim your ads at both!! Pit your son against his dad.

How about the slogan, "which is superior, dads' patient strategy, or sons' confident tactics??". And "A game for all generations". Well that's rough but hope it helps :)

FDrybob likes this.
  5. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Finally finished it yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    Only took me three tries, but on multiple battles me and my friend got very close to losing.

On floor 10 we were against two goblin hulks, an invisible spider (which counted as a group even though there was only one), Riptide, and the Troll King. Our team consisted of Bleneth, another Human Priest, and a Human Warrior. For the first few rounds, we dealt with the hulks and spider while keeping riptide away. Then, we finished him off. However, by this time, the Troll King reached us and killed Bleneth. Things went in our favor again, after we found a choke point with one square wide holes we could kite him with. We kited him until I drew Impenetrable Nimbus, used Warp Run to clear his Troll Regeneration, and sent the nimbused warrior to kill the king.

During another noteworthy battle, we were three dwarf warriors up against blinking wisps, adult wyverns, and burning skeletons. We were in the board with three small hallways arranged in a T shape. I thought we were done for, but with a combination of step attacks, Sundering Strikes, clever positioning, and low rolls for Grounding Plates, we barely survived.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  6. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

Nice 3 treasures! Also finished it right before your club membership expired!

FDrybob likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Glad the changes are going over well. I hear you about the trolls.

Master Goo and FDrybob like this.
  8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I finished CoC!
    The boss was the troll king.

visak13, Melancthon, DupleX and 2 others like this.
  9. Darkgryf

Darkgryf War Monkey

Just got to lvl 10 for the first time. Greenfang, 2 carrion scuttlers, 1 adult wyvern, 1 kobold.
    Had a dwarf warrior (the generic one i think), everybody's favourite vamp elf priest, and the AotA Priest with nimbuses

Sad to say i lost, probably my overeagerness or the fact that greenfang flew in round one and started acid spraying everything. The last time i faced an adult wyvern in coc i think i rage quit, this time it wasn´t so bad. think it was over before round ten and i got almost no vamp attacks and one nimbus, but them´s the breaks.

On the upside i got to play with Blenneth, first legendary character. Enjoyed playing with him quite a bit.

The quest for the crown of chaos continues!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I made another attempt last night (first in a month of so), and the first half was pretty easy and got a legendary robe I didn't have yet from round 5. Then round 6 was frost imps, wisps, curse idols, and hardened mercs. Sigh. Those last two monsters don't have a minion version, so they end up drawing a Block Any card nearly every round.

FDrybob likes this.
  11. ITT: Every player better than me :( Hopefully, I will get that crown within this century.

Wandere likes this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I haven't even made an attempt in quite a while. I don't usually play MMs or fixed deck leagues because I don't like to run parties I didn't build. CoC turned it up a notch. Still, I need to get back on it. Maybe next month.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  13. black_wolf

black_wolf Kobold

Finally did it!
    Thanks to @Brishna for the very helpful hints.

I was against 2 maple trees, 1 mutant brain, 1 copper golem and Greenfang. (easy match i must admit)

14. black_wolf

black_wolf Kobold

Lol i also finished Return to CoC.

Final match against 3 kobolds, 1 monkey, 2 oaks and KingOakshade (or something like that).
    The king was really annoying because he kept bombarding me from distance. I killed the others npcs but i got my priest and dwarf warrior #1 killed aswell.
    But the funny part began when my combo triggered: Ewix's Evolving Ensamble gave me Mimetic Crown and Adaptable.
    I blocked him in a corner and he kept hitting me with all his crushing attacks. I was immune to crushing, but my Mimetic Crown made me draw tons of Sorcerous Bolt and Trained Bludgeon and i drained his 50something hp with my warrior still at 16.

Never laughed so hard watching him trying to hit me with nothing but crushing attacks :D :D :D

rcoc.jpg

15. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

Love CoC. Best run so far is death on 9 (edit: just now, 2 oak bombardiers, both at < 8 hp; previous best was death on 8), and only been running it the last couple weeks.

I have only one complaint: that bloody group of three plant pygmies. Two would be much less fatal. I can get 1 or 2 down before the swarms (or poisoned blowdarts) overwhelm me, but never all three.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  16. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Well, looks like @Flaxative the player is having his fun in the Caverns too:

17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I think I watch CT5 play more CH than I do myself :p
    Oh yeah, I wanted to ask if you two play CH in the same room or what? - because it sounds like it.

visak13 likes this.
  18. hello world

hello world Hydra

Beaten it, last round was radiation terrain dwarf priest, non-futuristic dwarf warrior and fireball elf wizard vs. Melvelous,ochre slime,adult wyvern and rust creature.

The dwarves died killing the not yet armored wyvern and rusty with the help of lava terrain so it ended with a burn elf wizard kiting melvelous to death while avoiding the slime and then killing the slime.Luckily both defensiveness and my hardy mail triggered a lot.

Not how I was expecting to win.

19. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

Just won it. 2nd to last round ended up with Xander against trees and ice sprites ... it was round 20 before I finally chased down the last of the trees.

Last round, had non-legendary: volcano-laden dwarven wizard, ooze dwarven cleric, and tezkal-style elf warrior (COC PCs 9, 14, and 19) against Xanthicus, an Adult Wyvern, 2 Guardians of Motes, and 2 Flying Monkeys. The cleric went down pretty quickly, but it didn't matter much. The volcano wizard made everything else nice and crispy; the elf helped--crushed the wyvern to death and did 25 damage to Xanthicus before getting eaten by the dragon. Really proud of that wizard--nuked the whole board (mostly with 3 Volcanoes, 3 Walls of Fire, and a Fireball) and took absolutely 0 damage during the entire fight. He truly earned the Troll Cigars that came with the Crown.

Flaxative, Jarmo, FDrybob and 2 others like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yep!

BlackVoidDeath likes this.