[Guild] The Cult of Ironwood

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by gulo gulo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Our guild master with two consecutive wins to give us the fifth place in the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations everyone and especially to Sniffy, his contribution this month was phenomenal.

FrigusMacto, CT5, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

....it certainly seems like @Souleye is pushing for some pizza this month. Very nice to see your build is working out!

We are in 5th, which I think is a first for this early in a season (other than a random 1st place on the first day). Keep up the good work, Ironwood; let's bring bring peace, prosperity, prosciutto, and parmesean to all Cardhuntrians before Caverns of Chaos descend upon all the land.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@aaronth07 , the names are the names of his characters. Contact @gulo gulo for initiation into the guild.

4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I've spoken to aaronth07 and they are working on finishing up the singleplayer campaign. However, I would like to welcome our newest member, @Dreamwalker42. I look forward to their contribution to our guild each month.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto and aaronth07 like this.
  5. Dreamwalker42

Dreamwalker42 Kobold

Thank you gulo gulo. I aim to have fun and destroy the competition.

Magic Elves, Melancthon and gulo gulo like this.
  6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Well, Ironwood, we had a short slip to 8th after placing 5th the month before, likely due to the increased competition among guilds. This should hopefully only spur us on to reach for greater heights in the coming months, especially with another map change coming very soon.

We are off to our typical slow start, which would be awesome to work on and change, but I'm not worried about our potential. Let's push for the top 5 again, and then determine how high we can truly climb!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Dreamwalker42 likes this.
  7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Hey everyone!

Keep winning.
    Good job.

That's all.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Robauke, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood,

Try to avoid all the Not-so-savage-to-the-user Cursed Fireballs out there, everybody. I know it's rough, and I'm scared to see how Ice House will work the next time it shows up (I'm currently trying to build a 30-40 Illusory Barrier build), but remember: every time a buffed fireball wizard is immolated, 873415984731589698659864139815463985 Cardhuntrian children that have become angels get their wings. So, let's do it for the kids!

We are currently hovering around 7th/8th, with sizable gaps below us and above us. We may end up there at the end of the month, but a push towards 5th again would be nice. I'm going to try to use the remaining games in my march towards 9,000 to find the most stable non-burst build I can create, and plow through the competition. I hope each of you can attempt to do the same.

I'm happy with our work, and think our rating is respectable for a group of players that tend to not follow what everyone else is doing. I enjoy our experimentation, collaboration, and overall camaraderie. Perhaps we can try to schedule so guild co-op or casuals, or some other things, in the near future. Depending on how things go, I may set up a guild tournament towards the end of the year and/or have end-of-the-year guild awards. Both would be for pizza, if implemented. I actually think all of Cardhuntria should have end-of-year guild awards (I'd call them The Silver Staffords), but that's not my decision.

Let me know either here, or in our guild messages, if you have any ideas, thoughts, potential new members, gripes, or builds. We've created something good here so far throughout 2015; let's finish strong and work towards a better 2016.

Regardless of what place we ever end up in each month, I am proud to have each of you as a guild member, honored you chose to join the mercurial, temperamental human-wizard guy that gets annoyed by so many small things in the game on his quest to create something different, and grateful we have stuck around for this long.

Thank you all.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

IRONWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are all CRUSHING it so far this month! What a great start to the season! Keep it up, and we will see ourselves in first sooner than you think!

Truly, amazing work so far. You can all come over to my place to play Cards Against Humanity; I will provide the pizza and drinks.

That's right, you've all earned a PIZZA PARTY. Time and date to be announced.

If we are in first at the end of 2015, however....now, that, that will be a party. Just you wait and see.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The Cult of Ironwood would like to welcome @Arrombador to the bonds of our guild. Arrombador is as eager as the rest of us to taste the fine wine of Cardhuntrian victory known as....pizza sauce. I am confident they will help us reach those lofty peaks from here on out.

Continue on with the good fight, Ironwood!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

40c_rudy, Flaxative and FrigusMacto like this.
  11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood, let's push for a place with the rest of 2015. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but @wazzur has the second-highest guild contribution out of anyone this month, and deserves some recognition for their efforts. Fifth (and fourth) place is not that far away for us, so I am confident we can do this.

Let's band together, pull out our best builds, and get waz some pizza. I think it's the least we can do for one of our most reliable and strongest teammates. Have fun, first and foremost (as always), but let's see if we can make sure hard work is recognized.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

ParodyKnaveBob, 40c_rudy and Sir Veza like this.
  12. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

Yessir Wazzur is en fuego. Let's get this man some za. Ironwood Vivam and Merry Holidaze

13. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Ironwood, we slipped to 5th and are now dangerously close to 6th. It shouldn't be too hard to take 4th again. Fight on cultists!

Ironwood vivam!

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Over my dead body...

15. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Your wish shall be granted

ParodyKnaveBob and FrigusMacto like this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

ironwood will be glad to welcome you in their midst.

17. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

If you add Room9's contribution to Ironwood's, we would easily be in first place. Heck, if you put just wazzur and Room9 together they'd be in first place. But of course this does not count for relative point inflation.

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

So you are saying they should disband their guild and join Ironwood? Sounds like a plan to me.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I won a game with a Spritastrophe today. That was nice.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

20. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Currently in second place Ironwood, keep up the good job !!! Let's get @wazzur that pizza we owe him from last season.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016