Release 3.98 (21 Dec 2015)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's holiday season and holiday figures, items and boards are back. As well, we've released the latest Mauve Manticore and Aloyzo has crafted another user-created item. Full build notes follow:

Holiday
    • Open Holiday store.
    • Add Holiday items to loot drops.
    • Stock Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle in holiday store.
    • Rotate in the holiday ranked boards until the new year.
    • Release the Holiday figures (and remove the Halloween figures from the store).
    Monsters
    • Blizzy large portrait.
    • Blizzy Jr. for Caverns of Chaos
    • Large portraits for Lizardman characters.
    Mauve Manticore
    • Add Mauve Manticore 12
    Aloyzo's Arsenal
    • Added the latest item: Traveler from the North.
    Caverns of Chaos
    • Nerfed some monster groups, culled wyvern population, added new final bosses.
    • Changes to random character decklists: more armor removal, slightly fewer dead cards.
    • Fixed typo in Xander's decklist.
    Accounts
    • Spelling fix in account registration email.
    Items
    • Fixed rarity calculation for rare items with duplicate cards.
    • Lowered the intro level for spritastrophe, giant skeletal arm, st ulrich's bones so they can drop in campaign.
    • Remove Halloween items from loot drops.

Robauke, Hidden Jaguar, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

There's a lot of content in the middle of the year because of the expansion, and toward the end of the year because of the Halloween and Holiday stores and item skins. But what content is there at the start of the year?

3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

expected: Mauve Manticore, Aloyzo's Arsenal

solid possibilities: ranked maps, leagues

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

They are too busy working on AI.
    (Remove this post if necessary, sorry if so)

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We are busy working on AI, but we will probably find time for some other work. There's a new league I am meaning to make that won't take much dev time, so I might try to sneak that in in January or February depending (I am traveling a lot soon).

6. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

AI work, huh? Well I can't blame you. The failings of the AI range from hilarious to facepalm. I probably don't have to mention this, but I hope you're careful. A lot of these maps, especially in the later levels, seemed designed around derpy AI, such as giving them stupidly powerful cards that they couldn't screw up using if they tried, and I've lost count of the number of times a horrendously targeted Radiation Pulse has pulled my ass out of the fire. In addition, if they stop falling for the Nimbus trick that everyone and their grandfather uses, then I think we're all going to be collectively screwed.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Not that AI. This is a different thing.

timeracers likes this.
  8. Cehu

Cehu Kobold

you need some seasons/leagues for the pvp ladder and cosmetic rewards or other type of rewards for reaching certain leagues

9. Peenoise

Peenoise Kobold

I wasn't able to play through steam for a few weeks now due to the "Failed to connect to server" error but after updating my card hunter with this latest update, it somehow started working again. I just wanted to let you know because from googling I read that this issue is still unresolved and the solutions listed do not work for everybody(like me). So yeah this update fixed the game for me. :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  10. Jon

I don't think there were any changes in this build that should have affected that issue. So that's a mystery.

11. Peenoise

Peenoise Kobold

Were you able to reproduce this "failed to connect to server" error coz if not I can provide you with some things I learned while trying to fix this. No im not a programmer or anything just your regular gamer so nothing of the technical stuff but I may have some info about this that might help you narrow down what's causing it. For weeks I played the game using a browser and the experience isn't the same for me compared to when im playing it on steam so I know this is a very frustrating issue for other players too. Also playing it on steam acts as an advertisement coz friends ask what game it is that im playing and they are tempted to try it out in the future seeing that im always on this thing. I love the game and it is sad that there aren't many players.

12. Jon

Yes, we'd love to hear whatever insights you have to this issue. The issue that we are aware of is that Adobe AIR (which we use for the Steam client) will sometimes not establish a secure connection to our account server. Because this is happening inside AIR, it's not an issue we can directly debug. Without a consistent way to reproduce this on one of our machines, there's little we can do about it or even complain to Adobe about.

This thread is not the best place to discuss the issue in detail - best to either post in a support forum (here or on Steam) or email support@cardhunter.com.