Central Processing FTW

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by rinco69, Dec 4, 2015.

1. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

This random build I put together has done quite well. So to celebrate the end of Central Process of this schedule I am posting its:

Pencast
    Level 1 Human Priest

Dhonearera
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

Kahronk
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

I leave it up to the reader to determine the strategy of play.

Only changes I made this season was to upgrade from Cybernetic Boots to Bloome's Barging Boots.

How about you guys? What is your strategy for Central Processing?

2. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

3. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

4. UiA

UiA Ogre

Sightlines LR

Mreaooww

Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Arcanum
    Level 21 Dwarf Priest

Deacon Jane
    Level 17 Human Wizard
    Illusion
    Staff Of The Misanthrope
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Destructive Wand
    Destructive Wand
    Destructive Wand
    Smoke Robe
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots
    Advanced Flexibility
    Electroporter Novice

1 x Resistant Hide
    5 x Illusory Barrier
    1 x Spark Inductor
    2 x Leadership
    5 x Flash Of Agony
    1 x Spark Generator
    1 x Dimensional Traveller
    1 x Officer's Harness
    1 x Slowed
    2 x Telekinesis
    2 x Smoke Bomb
    9 x Dissolve Armor
    2 x Powerful Spark
    2 x Flanking Move
    1 x Gusts Of War

Made to take advantage of the long sightlines of this map. Flash of pain for the obvious benefit of unlimited range, priest with a fair amount of buffing and multi-heals, and obscuring terrain. Long range is the focus here, the max range to hit from a fireball is 8, which is no problem at all on the vast majority of maps, however this one is is a bit different.

The dwarf wiz is fairly hardened vs. magic users, max toughness, counterspells, adaptable, and portable cover via smoke. Whenever I ended up on the victory square (not the preferred method with this deck but sometimes necessary) this was most often the guy holding it, also rocket charge and a couple firestorms for surprise finishers.

The priest is simply there to support, buff, and regenerate the others.

The human wiz is the secondary dmg dealer, more focused on preparing the battlefield and ensuring good position, but carrying plenty of long range hurt. Dissolve armor isn't so bad when its buffed and the range is so good, also there is lots of good armor out there to remove in this league as many melee teams rightly expect to take a few hits closing in.

A note on smoke bombs, while definitely helpful for throwing near an enemy wizard in a pinch, or creating an envelope of protection for the vp sitter, or circumventing a sneaky volcano, its true value in this deck is obscuring one's own los between teammates, where a previously exposed member can sit safely 2 squares away while the buffed flash of agony user wreaks havoc.

All in all this league deck has performed quite well for me.​

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here is my build:
    Incitement
    Level 21 Dwarf Priest

Grind Dwa Wiz 2
    Level 21 Dwarf Wizard

Grind Dwa Wiz 3
    Level 21 Dwarf Wizard
    I only played two matches with it, and both times my opponent resigned in the first round.

6. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Extremely long range attacks on this map is clearly a winning strategy. And I think rocket charge is the hidden gem: only one VS to aim for, long straight corridors, and terrain to fly over.