Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

We can't really tell what it is because the picture and text are mismatched, but if it's Cooling Laser it has no encumbrance.

2. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

So many staves. Also, so, so many items with Freeze on them. =D

DUDE. This bothers me so much. I'm so happy with my submission, but my anal-retentiveness is driving me nuts over that.

3. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I suppose nobody likes my helmet because it's overpowered ? I like the theme though... sigh

4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Well, there's THAT, yeah :p

Why are people so opposed to clarifying their topics? :p
    Quotes are good, people. They're pretty, and pink, and elucidating.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Aeren, the very idea of giving these cards to warriors is so unreal it pushes every further thought about fitting theme, flavour etc. aside.

Maniafig and Stexe like this.
  6. Reint

Reint Ogre

What I posted was my original idea, and I KNOW it's not going to be selected (NO WAY Freeze gets put on boots in the game, heh!), but it was the best-themed item I could think of that fit the criteria. I had an idea to turn it into an arcane item with Dimensional Traveller instead of Walk, but then I thought that someone else had posted something similar. I double-checked the thread, and sure enough I saw that it would be very close to @Obernoob's submission. Not wanting to step on his toes, I tried to come up with something else and failed. So, boots it is.

7. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

@Reint I'd like it better if you called it Cold Feet. Yeah, doubt that any cold spell would go on boots, but you'd do better with Chilling Rime

billiska likes this.
  8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

9. Krunail

Krunail Kobold

Nimble Strike is only bronze (= 3 quality) for mages, apparently. According to Vakaz's item creator, it's a level 18.5 Staff, so that would be two major tokens.
    As for the design, it somehow seemed funnier before posting it.

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

This is my favourite cold themed item!

11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

We did see some items that were about coming down with a cold, but blob of slime sure is new to the table.
    Ofc 2x on an arcane item is a story without happy end.

[edit: Did i post this in the wrong Aloyzo's Arsenal #5: Custom Item Submission Discussion thread? Must have lost sight of the very clearly separated thread names.
    Thanks for movin it, flax! Yes, we know you read through this thread the minute the current aloyzo round is wrapped.]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Stexe likes this.
  12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

There is a single Nimble Strike, on a single staff.
    I wouldn't count on that valuation being consistent, or for multiple Nimble Strikes on a staff to be accepted.

Again, noone is quoting, so I have no actual idea what is being discussed :p

Speaking of:
    Someone else'll have to update the costs, Google docs is causing me grief of late.
    Hopefully that's helpful to someone :)

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more focused cold items, it seems like generally cold cards and acid cards are treated as filler for arcane, fire, and electric.

13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Expand your horizon before you take up quote enforcement.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

seth arue likes this.
  15. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Right now I'm floating two designs in my head. (Names subject to change)

Brittle Ice Staff (Staff): Cone of Cold, Frost Jolt, Chilling Rime, Chilling Rime, Cold Snap, Vulnerable
    Level 9 Rare for Two Minor Tokens (to give Wizards a non-major token encumber / cold option)

or

Ice Dragon Fang (Staff): Blizzard Breath, Frost Jolt, Chilling Rime, Cold Snap, Slowed, Vulnerable
    Level 6 Rare Tokenless (although hopefully Flax would increase the rarity of Blizzard Breath so the item costs at least a Minor token or two -- this would give Wizards an encumber and purging potential without a major token cost)

Thoughts?

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I agree that players should get a minor token option for encumber, and I'd like wizards to get a purge option. But I don't think players should get Blizzard Breath without spending a major token.

17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, good point. I guess it comes down to do I think Wizards should get a low token cold staff or purge removal more...

As much as I love buff removal options, I'll probably have to vote with a more entry level cold staff. I'll try to fix that up a bit more and save Blizzard Breath for another time.

18. Kajata

Kajata Kobold

it specifies only encumber.... read man

unless you aren't taking the ****, otherwise here is the bit.

# Clarification of This Month's Restrictions
    Submit an item of any type, though we recommend limiting yourselves to Staff, Arcane Item, Robes, and Arcane Skill. The winning item will be selected from among those submissions that include an attack card with Encumber on it. (Heavy Armor doesn't count, but Cone Of Cold does.) I think that's everything. Knock yourselves out.

19. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

At the top of the post, under the title: "this month's restriction: cold theme"

But it doesn't really matter, because my item will win for following the rules most bestest.

20. Kajata

Kajata Kobold

you would think "clarification of rules" would have ALL the rules, not just some of them. but now that i see that. i am sad.

Robauke likes this.