[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

In my defense, CT5 is a much better player than me.
    In my guild's defense, I'm certainly one of their worst players :p
    (And it was an old build I was trying out on the new map rotation)

Was certainly an enlightening match and CT5's commentary is always entertaining and knowledgeable :D

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Quick note on Octezker guild stats:

We had a 49.76% winrate against other guild members, which is an improvement from the previous season's 44.7% winrate. 37.2% of our losses to other guild members were blitzes, however, but overall we still performed better against the other guilds than in Septemcan.

This trend looks like its continuing this month, as we are currently in 5th! Excellent work, Sorcererers! I'll prob get off my peasant high-horse at some point and hopefully contribute positively later in the season.

Remember to have fun!

And, as always, we are recruiting! If you enjoy Card Hunter and want to make it a better place, the Sorcererers are the guild for you! PM me (preferably please state your in-game name to help me remember) and I'll try to get you initiated swiftly.

EDIT: most recent trials in ranked, including fellow Sorcererer @Melancthon!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Flaxative likes this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I just now reached 1300 for the first time. Yay. $¦^ )

O, the number of times I hit 1298, only to topple back down the ladder. $F^ P

Making this victory sweeter is that 1. it was the second blitz in a row and 2. for the last couple battles, I've been at the top of our Novarena contribution! (That's not to say, "I'm so awesome." I know plenty of you can rack up plenty more contributing points when you play, and there doesn't seem to have been as much play so far this season, in general. This is just to say, "I'm glad I'm genuinely contributing something this month!" ..especially after my Halloween antics counted for Novarena and started me in the negatives, ha ha ha ha.)

Hf, dw, and goooooo, Sorcererers! $:^ D

CT5 and Pawndawan like this.
  4. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

5. ParodyKnaveBob

I enjoyed that, CT5. I might as well give props to the creators, too, while I'm typing, heheh.

I beat the Astral puzzle on the first try. Very fun. $:^ ] The long prologue and epilogue really sell that one. Good stuff, @Fanturluche! (Albeit, I'm one of those ppl who enjoy the Astral adventures and league...)

The DARIUS mission took me three tries, but the second time had the most fun moment(s). At one point, I used Radiation Pulse, and it gave a bunch of great handicaps including two Festering Gutsses. On Trees. Lol. Another Rad Pulse caused a chain reaction of Vulnerable and Festering Guts and Traveling Curse and more Festering Guts that smattered most of the forest experiment into sludge, in a hilarious grind I only wish I had on video! Alas, my Brute couldn't lure Gary's final spider into range 2 for a Lunging Bite. ~snaps fingers~ (Getting to play as the tragic antiheroes was a blast. Thank you, @LeisureSuitLoli!)

I tried to escape The Gauntlet two to four times with no success. I intended not to watch your run through that one, but -- wow, even after seeing you do it on the second try, I don't know if it's my cup of tea. Every time I tried hiding out of los and/or behind a corner, Idols just moved around and kept ganging up on me and burning me to a crisp. I'll get it eventually, though. Good job on giving me another nigh unbeatable MM, @adajon. $F^ }

adajon, CT5 and Han Lee like this.
  6. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Please welcome @goliad and @Dad and Sons!

7. ParodyKnaveBob

I watched CT5 induct Dad and Sons into our distinguished *chortle, chortle* ranks. Fun stuff with some surprising shut-downs. $:^ ]

Welcome, @goliad!

8. goliad

goliad Kobold

Ah yes, it is I Goliad! I have joined your guild and nothing will ever be the same! Bwahaha...yeah...no just kidding.

About me:
    I'm a dwarf fanatic even they they're slow. Oi!
    I started playing this game when it first came out, then took a 2 year long sabbatical for some reason, and now I'm back and even a club member!
    Working my way through the campaign, currently in the lvl 13-14 scenarios. Making it a priority so I can gear up/catch up with everyone.

Dallas resident, soccer fanatic, artist, handsome, super cool, and very humble.

9. Dad and Sons

Dad and Sons Kobold

Thank you! Enjoyable game - just started playing last weekend. I enjoy competition - but my focus is on having fun and good sportsmanship. My two sons may play sometimes as well - otherwise it will mostly just be me.

Have not finished the campaign yet - but I have enjoyed the MP games - especially the leagues I have tried out. My gear is very hit or miss as I have not have a long time to build up yet.

Looking forward to playing with you all.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Welcome to the Sorcererers! :)

Great!

Nice to meet you, D&S and goliad.

goliad likes this.
  11. goliad

goliad Kobold

I was wondering if I could contribute to the Loot Fairy hunt? How would I do that?

12. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Han Lee likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flaxative owns the tracker page and controls the passwords. A PM to him would probably be the way to go.

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Good ol' Sir Veza, belittling his keyrole for the patrol.

Melancthon likes this.
  15. Dad and Sons

Dad and Sons Kobold

Hello! I have so many questions that I do not even know how to ask them...after playing the last few days I am starting to figure out what I need the most help with. I have being playing some ranked matches - getting crushed sometimes, and trying to figure out the right party/build to use. That is really where I need help the most...figuring out what I should be watching out for so I know what to plan for and what to avoid.

I have played about 20 matches so far (is there a good place to see match history?) - win some and lose some. My current party is human cleric, human mage, and dwarf mage. I have gone through some different iterations of builds - currently the cleric is focused on some big heals (the ones that heal 2 people 6 hp), a few high level attacks (10 point and 2 laser strikes), then mostly buff/support - with purge, frenzy, blocks - and fill in remaining items with some lower level drain life spells. The mages both spend most of their power crystals on the most powerful damaging weapons I have found (mostly some sort of laser rifles that I got from playing turret tango). I did have some volcano and similar spells, but am finding that people are too good at avoiding them, and while I have some, I am not basing my strategy around those anymore - but still do use the laser turrets.

One game I lost due to elf fighter that got pushed by his teammates was constantly able to close the distance and maul my guys - he also had slippery so I just could not keep away from him (I failed to draw enough damage and lost quickly). Another game I lost was due to a cleric that cast nimbus every turn and held the vp spot to win it. I changed my build a bit to include the purges to try to deal with nimbus better.

Do you guys post what builds you are doing each month for ranked? (Since the maps change every month - is that right?) I can post what I am using when I am off work tonight - only playing for 9 days, so a bit limited on the items. Although if I could see what you guys use - it may help give me an idea of what I could use.

My oldest son helped with the builds last night - so it was fun bouncing ideas back and forth - was wondering if the guild does that as well.

Thanks!

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Melancthon, ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  17. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@goliad @Dad and Sons - I just added the two of you to our guild chat / PM thread. Feel free to post decks and ask questions there too, if you're worried about people stealing your build or whatever.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. Dad and Sons

Dad and Sons Kobold

Thank you! Neat information available there. I expect my win rate to drop off sharply as my rating goes up. Right now I am benefiting from getting items from playing leagues - but the more ranked matches I play, the tougher it will get!

Awesome! Thanks! Although I am certainly not worried about anyone copying my feeble attempts :)

19. Dad and Sons

Dad and Sons Kobold

Okay, this is my MP party...any suggestions on items that are clearly inferior?

Anika
    Level 4 Human Priest

Aidan
    Level 18 Human Wizard

Throm
    Level 7 Dwarf Wizard

20. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Since you haven't been playing very long, I'm not going to suggest much in the way of specific items, but I will tell you the items that jump out at me that you should probably be looking to upgrade.

Deflecting Buckler - Missile Block is a bit too narrow, especially if your priest is acting as the front-line defense for your wizards. Look for shields with all-purpose blocks or, if you find yourself in a lot of melee, Parry. Twisting Shield is also a great tokenless shield for a unit that is trying to run interference for wizards.

Puce Diadem - Reflexive Teleport is commonly thought of as over-valued for what it does. You can probably find some better items with discard effects if that is what you are looking for. Short Perplexing Ray is quite good for discard, as it lets you move as well as putting your opponent down a card, so you may want to look out for items with that to replace the Diadem. Definitely good to keep handicaps and negative traits in mind though, since they help you cycle through your deck faster. Good call on that front.

Bluestone Pendant - Winds of War is a great card, Acid is OK for the armor removal, but the zap is pretty lame. If you are looking for armor removal, go for Akon's Amulet or Armorbane Pendant. If you are going for control, keep your eyes out for Runestones. Two great cards and one cycling trait that you can usually play around.

Hot Crystal - Burning Fingers stinks. By the time the enemy is that close to you you are already in trouble, and you should probably be running away instead of taking a turn to put a small amount of damage on a unit that is probably closing in to kill you. Any kind of control would be an improvement, or, if you need the damage, something with Flame Jet or Glob Of Flame would be a distinct improvement.

Hope my suggestions are helpful, and welcome to the guild!