Mauve Manticore Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Warrior's Return (V2)

Prologue:
    After many moons of silence the gang has been awakened to take on a new threat!

Map 1: Gaggle of Golems.

Idris of the Haunting Horn, Father Ordos, and Borgo Stoneheart relax at their estate. Idris's ears perk up as she hears a dull rythmic clanking noise growing closer!
    She alerts the others to the sound and they make haste outdoors to find golems approaching!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    The golems explode upon defeat, coating the party in a strange magic. They are unsure what it means, but they are off to find answers!

Map 2: Unwelcome Visitors.

The party reaches a local tavern. Idris senses the trail of magic through the tavern. The golems must have passed by here in order to reach the estate. Upon entering, the denizens suddenly grow hostile. They attack without reason!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    Father Ordos perform the last rites on the fallen as Irdis surmises that the strange magic cast upon them by the golems invokes hostility to those not touched by it. The party searches the tavern and finds a hole to the underground located in the back of the establishment. Idris senses that there is a trail of similar magic down there. Gathering some extra supplies from the tavern (placing gold to cover the costs of the items), they venture down.

Map 3: SPIDERS!

Climbing down the ladder the party finds themselves surrounded by the sounds of chittering and clicking. The noise echos loudly, followed by the tapping of sharp spikes on ground rapidly approaching. It is a giant nest of spiders!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    Chitin carapace is strewn everywhere as the dead spiders litter the floor. The party quickly moves on to the next area and away from that nightmare.

Map 4: Leafy Cavern.

Idris's elven senses follow the trail of strange magic throughout the twists and turn of the underground caves. Soon the nose of Borgo Stoneheart flares as it catches the scent of roasting meat. The party follows Borgo's nose into an opening filled with kobolds!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    The party munch on the roasted meat that was going to be the kobold chieftain's meal and ruminate about what to do next.

Map 5: Green Fever.

The party wander about in the caverns until Idris's senses perk up once more. They follow her. Eventually they reach an opening in the tunnels leading to a yellow tiled room with a hastily drawn magical circle where the once dead Greenfang awaits them!

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    Idris uses the scales of the Viridian Dragon in a potion to dispel the strange magic that was cast upon them. They are still no closer to finding out who sent the golems, or why they were sent. Only time will tell.

I changed the amount of MOBS to make the maps less of a hassle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    FDrybob likes this.
  2. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Firepower - by adajon42

Info about the scenario:
    Firepower is an unforgiving but exciting custom scenario, in which the player takes control of four abducted servants attempting to find a way off the spaceship on which they've been captured. The player must use move cards wisely to make the four security bots shoot each other, whilst ensuring the servants - Gus Tylar, Sprat and Nob - don't meet a nasty fate from laser barrages themselves. This must be accomplished within ten rounds; an enemy turret occupies a single victory square outside the map boundaries. There is also a hacked turret in the middle of the board, which respawns at the start of the round if destroyed and is worth no victory points. The player wins when three of the four security bots have been beaten.

Text to display pre-battle: (tell me if it's too long, and I'll condense it)
    Gus presses his clammy hand onto the button, and with a hiss of escaping gas, the strange, metallic door slides open. He stumbles into the chamber ahead of his friends, who hang behind, whimpering - Gus wishes they could act braver in their predicament, yet he too is panicked inside his tough exterior. His sweaty eyes squint into the gloom, trying to make out any ways to escape this bizarre vessel onto which they were abducted. Suddenly, azure lights flicker and spurt into life along the floor, and a view of the room is provided; Gus's eyes widen in panic as doors glide open across the chamber to reveal hulking metal beasts striding towards them! Glinting red eyes target the party of servants, and Gus is struck with fear as a booming disembodied voice shouts instructions from all around - 'Organic life forms detected in Antechamber B6! Proceed to eradicate intruders!'. Through a smothering wave of dread, Gus notices the hefty-looking firearms the metal men wield - although he and his friends are hopelessly outgunned, perhaps he can trick them into shooting each other...

Text to display post-battle:
    The third security bot falls sparking onto the floor, destroyed by it's own ally in a burst of superheated death. Gus and his party make a break for the nearest open door; the final metal man flails uselessly as the servants dart around it, pausing only to grab a few shards of complex-looking machinery. Gus races down maze-like corridors, flashing red lights and metallic voices pursuing him, until finally - a glimpse of sunlight! Yet his feelings of relief and euphoria are suddenly dashed as, out of the gloom, a pair of piercing vermilion eyes hurtle towards him. A splitting mechanical scream is the last thing Gus hears...

Screenshot:
    The layout of the board at the start of the battle. Every square is player 1 victory terrain.
    [​IMG]

Account to send pizza to: adajon42

Attached Files:

3. Quirijn

Quirijn Kobold

Hello Cardhunterians,

Heres my two cents of support to the game. I quite like playing scenario's and tried to make a growing campaign in difficulty as well as storyline. Im quite hoping im posting this right. So here goes. Its a 5 scenario big campaign.

Title: Dark Prophecy
    Creator ingame name: The Guru
    Note: If you find it good enough to turn my campaign into a MM, can i request some name changes to the characters. Sadly this is not avaiable in the editor. (Or at least I couldnt find it). Also my English writing is pretty bad, so i hope you guys can make sense of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario 1: Starter text:
    Here I am. Im my own build treehouse practising the arts of my swordmanship when suddenly I hear a ratteling sound coming from my garden. I look out the window and see 2 huge skeletons marching towards my treehouse. Only one thought flies through my head! How is my cat doing!

(screenshot see: darkprophecy1.jpg at the bottom)

Scenario 1: Ending text:
    Out of breath im wondering whats going on. What are these skeletons doing here. And why is there fire everywhere!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario 2: Starter text:
    Quickly I run into my house. I see 'Psi' laying in a corner near the door. Its almost as if he wants to tell me something. A lot of noise comes from the neighbours house. We should check up on them!

(screenshot see: darkprophecy2.jpg at the bottom)

Scenario 2: Ending text:
    Neighbours are gone and cannot be saved anymore. Sounds like something weirder then usual has befallen the town. Maybe I should go and find Uncle Vingus. He will probably be at his priests guild drinking!

Scenario 3: Starter text:
    It looks like evil is afoot! Not even the town is safe! What are these monsters doing here Psi?

(screenshot see: darkprophecy3.jpg at the bottom)

Scenario 3: Ending text:
    Uncle Vinius explained it to me. Some dark and evil magic is going on here. I wonder which witch has been brewing up these creatures. Uncle Vinius told me he would train my swordsmanship as well. He will make me an undead hunter!

Scenario 4: Starter text:
    Several months later: Uncle Vinius has thought me enough. It's time for us to visit his old Elven friend. Who would have thought Uncle Vinius had friends. Must be from his old days of advernturing.

(screenshot see: darkprophecy4.jpg at the bottom)

Scenario 4: Ending text:
    We met Uncle Vinius' friend. She said that this is the work of an evil necromancer. She also said that she knows where she is hiding. We are making preparations to end this foul magic once and for all.

Scenario 5: Starter text:
    Seems like we walked for days. Finally though. It looks like theres a cave across that bridge. Who knows what foul other monsters we will find! We will make sure evil will not reign any longer!

(screenshot see: darkprophecy5.jpg at the bottom)

Scenario 5: Ending text:
    We did it Psi! We rid the world of a bad necromancer, but now where will we go? Home is no longer there. Uncle Vinius said he would take us venturing. I don't know what that means, but im sure its better then doing nothing.

Kind regards

Quirijn (The Guru)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  4. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

The Astral Maze
    by Fanturluche

As a Guardian of Shadow, you have been assigned to the defense of the Astral Shrine. You have designed a clever system that would allow to ward off intruders with little need for armed intervention. It is an ever-changing maze, that would send any trepasser back the way they came.
    But your superiors want you to disassemble it, as you do cannot fully control it yet.
    You claim you can fix this.
    But you will not have enough time. The Royals are arriving.
    You turn off the mind puzzling device, and regretfully go into the maze to destroy the mechanical harmonizers.
    2015-10-04_00002.jpg
    With the harmonizers down you are able to quickly dismantle what is left of your ingenious mechanism, and have the room cleared before the Royals come in.

You sometimes wish you had a place of your own, where no one would ask you to destroy your work, but that would probably involve leaving the Cult.
    Yet, you ponder the idea...

Attached Files:

5. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Unearthly Malice - by adajon42

Pre-Battle Text:
    Iridescent flashes of colour permeate through your vision as a new body crystallizes into reality - a structure for your vast intelligence to control in this dimension. Flickering violet light radiates from the dying portal, illuminating your surroundings, as dark mauve vapours collect around your feet. With a booming, mellifluous reverberation, the ritual is complete; you are left standing solitary on a raised platform in what appears to be some form of temple. Oh, well - not the city you were expecting, but this will have to do. A creaking interrupts your thoughts, and, squinting, you see that several doors lining the edges of the temple have swung open - barging through, four parties of greenish, armoured humanoids turn to face your body, squealing in anger. Perhaps your summoning ritual disturbed these primitive creatures. In any case, their brains should provide ample nutrition until you find a major civilisation. You summon a few minions from your home plane, pausing for a moment to marvel at how these entities of infinite malice are portrayed in three dimensions, before the strange creatures begin to advance; very well. Although you must stay on the portal to gather as much energy as you can, you and your minions will be more than capable of working together to destroy these puny life forms. Let the feast commence.

Post-Battle Text:
    Sucking the life from the final humanoid, you feel strength rising withing you - enough dark energy has been amassed to leave the portal behind and begin your reign of terror. You stride forward, blasting through one of the walls of the temple, and feel a rush of unstable malice course through your bones. This world shall pay for its sins to the mighty Illoth race. This world shall burn.

Notes:
    You must control the victory squares - the four squares the Elder Mind starts on, and the four squares the Curse Idols start on - for eight rounds. During that time, the Orcs will constantly respawn each round. No victory points are awarded for killing them. The Orcs win by killing all four Curse Idols and the Elder Mind. All the stairs are difficult terrain.

Tips:
    - Make sure you inflict curses on the Orcs with the Curse Idols before you do anything else. This will both increase the potency of Beams of Hate, and also increase the damage of Brain Hook.
    - The Curse Idols have very good block cards. Always ensure they face Orc attackers if they get too close.
    - The Elder Mind doesn't have much health, and has no armour. The Curse Idols are its only defense.
    - Although this map might look quite easy at first glance, it becomes more and more difficult as the rounds progress due to the constant respawning of Orcs. It is essential to ensure enough are killed, so you don't end up with lots of high-health enemies flooding the centre area.

Changelog:
    Version 1: Scenario created.
    Version 2: Added victory terrain under Curse Idol spawns. Added victory doodads to all victory terrain.
    (Note: To download older scenario versions, go to my thread: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/unearthly-malice.8216/#post-102047)

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  6. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Stafford's Hunting Brigade - by adajon42

Pre-Battle Text:

You wake to the disconcerting sounds of footsteps above you. Even more alarmingly, low-pitched growls and snarls follow - this must be the infamous hunting brigade Lord Stafford sends to dispatch criminals, personal enemies or, in your case, sorcerers. You barely have time to collect your thoughts before the noises suddenly stop. A single roar shortly follows; you assume this means the party has found your hiding place. Leaping out from under the bridge, you quickly summon a few minions - although you find them laughably weak, they might serve as a distraction to your foes. Sparking up a spell of your own, a wry grin crosses your skull. Time to show that fool Stafford not to meddle with the might of Alet Zhav.

Post-Battle Text:
    With your assailants lying dead around your feet, you hope Lord Stafford will not bother you again with more hunts. After all, even though you are the most dreaded wizard in Cardhuntria, your powers have their limits.

Notes
    To win, you must kill all the War Dogs and Chupacabras. They need to kill Alet Zhav to win. Destroyed bridge area and stone doodads on water (representing stepping stones) are both difficult terrain.

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Maniafig likes this.
  7. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Run the Gauntlet - by adajon42

Pre-Battle Text
    Holloborn pushes open the heavy ironclad doors and steps into The Gauntlet, home to one of Cardhuntria's most dangerous and prestigious contests. He glances around, noting the long, thin shape of the chamber, the flickering torches sparsely mounted on crumbling walls, and the blue-grey bricks littering the ground. Cautiously walking forward, he notices what appear to be large stone statues pressed up against the wall around the room - suddenly, without warning, fires ignite within them and they jolt into life! Reacting quickly, Holloborn jumps sidewards as a blast of concentrated magma fired from one of the living statues hurtles past him and explodes; he will need to use his nimble maneuvers and dodging skills here to reach the doors at the end of the room without becoming fried in the process...

Post-Battle text
    Slamming the doors behind him, Holloborn takes a moment to stop and catch his breath. A grin crosses his charred face - he made it through the first chamber! The Gauntlet shall be beaten yet! Gripping his mace, Holloborn walks away from the fiery deathtrap of the first chamber and stops in front of the next set of doors. Whatever this contest might throw at him, he will be ready for it.

Notes
    The Magma Idols and Lava Spitters each have two possible spawning locations, as shown on the terrain view screenshot. No victory points are awarded for kills.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Account to send pizza to:
    adajon42

Attached Files:

BlackVoidDeath and Maniafig like this.
  8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

The Elder Oak

Name: BlackVoidDeath

Story:

You are the Oaken King of all living trees, living for just over 1000 years you have been ruling over the tree ent kingdom for as long as anyone can remember. One day you decide to take a walk through one of your gardens, you are nearing the end of your walk but you overhear voices from the trees near you, and they dont sound familiar, goblins! You bash away the first green face that jumps out at you but many more follow!

The Elder Oak.jpg

Epilogue:
    You manage to charge through the goblin crowd and get into safety, the goblins dont follow you, for they have already had a taste of what fighting one Ent is like, so there were no volunteers to see what fighting 100 Ents is like.
    ( If you want an explanation for where the loot comes from then: (Once you get taken inside and healed, you and your allies notice a number of items sticking out of your Bark, upon further inspection you deduct that these are some of the weapons that the Goblins were using, studying them may give you an advantage when fighting these monsters.))

• You need to be weary of the Goblin Shredders because they have Shredding Strike which can discard your Tough Bark.
    • You need to keep Tough Bark because most of the goblin attacks are slashing or piercing attacks.
    • The Goblin Shamans can buff their allies which could cause quite a few problems.
    • A combination of Entangling Roots and Violent Spin is a great way of bypassing the Goblin Shredders.
    • Mighty Tree Limb counts as a melee attack so it cannot be blocked my Missile Block and Reflect Missile but can be blocked by Weak Block and because Goblin Shredders dont have Weak Blocks, this is a good card to use on them.
    • The Goblins respawn every 2 rounds.
    • Take the Shredders (in particular) down to low HP (preferably 4) but dont kill them before the 2nd round, once the 3rd round starts, massacre them.
    • Try to keep as far up as you can, because Violent Spin only affects the characters that are next to the "main tile".
    • If Gary passes and you dont have a Violent Spin in hand, then pass too, because violent spin is very important to succeed, and you might draw it next round.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Inkfingers and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  9. Quirijn

Quirijn Kobold

The Gauntlet

Creator:
    The Guru

These will be a 3 part series. Gauntlet for warriors/mages/priests. Maybe a 4th where you get 1 of each class.

Part 1 - warrior version

Objective:
    Capture the flag type.

There is one victory point for each player. This one is located on the other side of the board. Respawns of fallen warriors every 3th turn. No points awarded for kills. First one to capture their victory point for 3 turns wins.

Before text:

Once a year the people of Gwilshure shire gather in the arena to watch the spectacles presented by King Winzor III. This year features a gauntlet! Let the onslaught begin!

After text:

You have shown yourself to be a true warrior! But can you survive next years onslaught as well .....

Screenshot and board added as files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 - wizard version

Objective:
    Capture the flag type.

There is one victory point for each player. This one is located on the other side of the board. Respawns of fallen warriors every 3th turn. No points awarded for kills. First one to capture their victory point for 3 turns wins.

Before text:

After the magnificent warrior battle we decided to do the wizard battle in a different location. Let us take you to the Celitic temple of knot. Here the wizards will be able to throw everything at eachother without hurting us in the proces.

After text:

Even wizards get lucky sometimes! Welcome to the third and final round!

Screenshot and board added as files.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  10. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Greenskin Invaders - by adajon42

Pre-Battle Text
    "Ah, minion. I have a task for you tonight. The Idols have just reported intruders breaking in - I need you to take your squad and stop them reaching the forge. Make sure none of you die in the process; although I couldn't care less if you did, your commander needs you all for his attack on Shieldhaven tomorrow. I trust you not to let me down. Go, now - defend your homeland against our enemies."

Post-Battle Text
    "Admirable work, minion. I permit you to take whatever you please from the intruders as your own as trophies. You may return to your quarters."

Notes
    Rubble is difficult terrain, and lava streams are impassable terrain. No victory points are awarded for minion kills. For the player to win, the Goblin King must be killed - the AI wins if one of the player-controlled characters is killed OR one of the AI controlled characters reaches the forge.

Screenshots
    [​IMG]

Account to send pizza to:
    adajon42

Attached Files:

Maniafig likes this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

Dinner Disturbance (v3)

In game Username - Same as here: BlackVoidDeath

Story:
    Lord Batford has invited his good friend, Lord Stafford, over for a meal, but they are interrupted by some angry monsters that have followed Stafford to the Manor, Alet Zhav and Duke Oggencot in the lead are going to do an assassination attempt on both the lords, after their rule had been taken off them. The two lords have decided that this is just a minor inconvenience and will eat while their Mercenaries defend them, occasionally bashing the monsters away if they get too close or throwing the dinner cutlery at the monsters to keep them at bay. Unfortunately the Mercenaries are strong but stupid and have no idea how to open doors so the lords will have to defend themselves until the Mercenaries get to them!

Dinner Disterbence Harder.jpg

Epilogue:
    Finally the two lords have finished feasting, and can be carried away into the manor while the rest of the Monsters are be cleared away by the new backup Mercenaries that have just arrived.

Note:
    If it is possible I would like to make only the lords be able to score VP next to the table - like in Oozeball.

• Focus down Alet Zhav first of all, because the lords are fragile they will quickly die from his ranged attacks.
    • Team Shift can move your doors, to get them into a better positions.
    • If you draw Team Shift on the first round then you can use it to move your Mercenaries in range to pry the door open and then use the remaining move card to get over the the monsters. - just a way to save some time.
    • If you draw Raise The Alarm and Leadership in the same turn then use Raise The Alarm first.

Attached Files:

12. BlackVoidDeath

Forest Guardians/Territorial Forest

Story:

Ever since the war the forest has split into two parts. One, ravaged by rogues, killing wildlife mindlessly. The other, peacekeeping and calm. Both sides have been in a cold war ever since the great war, killing the other if they step over their boundary.
    A pair of SharkBears have rampaged over their territory heading for the Elder Oak, you must prevent them from getting any closer!

Forest Guardians.jpg

Epilogue:
    You take the remaining SharkBear to the ground. With a groan it collapses and silence falls. You have defended your great leader and this side of the forest will flourish once more.

• Try to focus down one of the Sharkbears - it makes it much easier to fight 1 Sharkbear rather than 2.
    • Use Entangling Roots to stop the Sharkbears from chasing you - try to use it at the start of the round, even if you are adjacent to one - its worth taking a hit as long as they cant move.
    • Poison Blowdart deals 11 damage after 3 rounds - Sharkbears have 33 health but you cant wait 9 rounds, just keep that in mind.

Attached Files:

13. DrayGon777

DrayGon777 Kobold

Title: Blizzy's Brisk Rescue

Before text: You awaken to find yourself seemingly on an island of land inside a cavern. You are surrounded by skilled marksmen who have their bows trained on you. The pile of dragon bones at your feet tell you that you are not the first dragon captured. As you ponder your situation and how you could escape a portion of the wall behind you opens up and you see some of your followers pour through. Perhaps, with their aid, you might be able to make your escape.
    [​IMG]
    After Text: You managed to escape and you hope your followers did the same. Perhaps you can track down this group to ensure no further of your kind suffer the same fate. On the way out, you happen to find a few trinkets for your hoard. No sense in letting them go to waste.

Account: Dray'Gon

Additional notes: I don't want the player to win by taking out the snipers, but I also want the player to lose if the dragon dies, or enough of the followers die. Couldn't figure out how to manage this with my current knowledge.

EDIT: Could have sworn I fixed the map and the victory squares, but the image I just posted seems to show otherwise. :(

EDIT 2: Tried to see if I could fix the board issue in my previous upload, as well as uploading a version that should make it a bit easier to actually accomplish the given objective, though it's also now possible to lose the lizardmen and have a drawn out death with just the dragon if you don't manage to clear all the doors. :p

EDIT 3: Thanks to BlackVoidDeath for the title. XD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Gaston Darkus and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  14. Wreckage25

Wreckage25 Kobold

Max Security Prison

CH Name: Wreckage

Story:

Your group of brilliant adventurers has been captured and brought into a high security prison. Only the ingenious monkey-thief managed to escape and is now looking for a way to save his friends.
    He studies the layout of the prison carefully. The windows are generally breakable, the problem is one has to get high enough to get through them. The same is true for the gates. Their wiring is set relatively high but somebody who could manage to climb up a gate might be able to open it and get through.
    He won't be able to do everything on his own, he will be needing help from all his companions.
    To the left are a bunch of other prisoners, maybe he can use them to start a riot so that he is able to get to the mage. The mage is the key to the escape. But apparently some goblins are with him that can reflect his attacks, that's not good. He might injure himself. There has to be some way to get to him in time.
    The thief prepares to detonate the mages cell from the upper floor but the moment things go down it turns out he was on the wrong side of the prison.
    His only hope to escape now is if somebody can make his way to the ladder.
    Will you be able to help the adventurers to escape from this place?

Hint 1: Sometimes you need to make use of your enemies.

Hint 2: Sometimes you have to turn on your friends in order to help them.

Details:
    Gates, Windows and the Table are impassable terrain. To win you need to reach the Victory Square.
    The Security Robot greys out after he attacks.

Epilogue:
    The peasant you helped to escape turns out to be a good fellow and returns with the ladder. After taking care of the wounded you and your friends manage to escape just in time before reinforcements arrive.

[​IMG]

Additonal Notes:
    I hope this map doesn't get overlooked.

I can't tell how much work I put into this. It's an incredibly sophisticated design.
    There is no stone, no spawn point set at random and there is always a reason why one monster will be in one square and not just one square further to the left or right. There is a reason why there are 2 goblins and not 1 or 3.

This is a true puzzle map. In the version I am releasing it, it is dumbed down to satisfy broader user needs but make no mistake, it's a hard map to figure out.

I have designed two versions of it and playtested it with a number of people. While the first map was still very large and could be tedious my second drafts focus was entirely on making the map as fast paced as it could possibly be to give a fluent user experience considering the limitations of the cards.

I am very happy and very proud to say that at this point I do not feel that any alterations to the decks is necessary to make playing this map a good user experience.

I can't really go too much into details without revealing too much.
    The timer of 37 minutes I included is neglectable, could as well remove it, don't know. But was more fun for me to play it that way since I did already know what to do and you can't really finish the map if you don't. It is not really realistic to figure the map out in time AND to complete it. Just because figuring it out is hard. May be a reason to put it on a first level rather than a second or third.
    The timer is in itself a clue that tells the player that if he thinks he has come up with a solution that will take a lot of time, he has the wrong idea how to solve it.
    A lot of people thought for instance they could move over the entire map with the help of the dog. So misconceptions can be a little misguiding.

If you need an in depth explanation of how the map works send me a message and I'll be happy to list the walk through steps and how the constellation and timing of the puzzles helps to make it work.

Edit1: After careful consideration and getting some feedback I decided to remove the timer. Although I still think it's more fun with it. :)

Edit2: Fixed a small exploit that would end peoples favorite hobby to teleport a goblin into the next room that although theoretically a solution to the problem would most of the time result in the geomancer being clubbed to death. :)

Edit3: Altered some small graphical details.

(Latest version v1.3)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Kalin and Magic Elves like this.
  15. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

A Festive Thief

Username:
    Killer74

Introduction:
    You clamber up through the vents, your mouth drooling at the thought of the feast awaiting you. Succulent ham, Storge eye stew, Coatldile soup finished by a large helping of Yellow Pudding. You espy a camera as you peek your head up. The security is somewhat tighter than last year, evidently in preparation of this visit. The vent heats up suddenly and scorches your hand. The only way out is through the front door. Perhaps you can grab a quick bite while you are at it.

Screenshot:
    Festive Thief 2.jpg

Epilogue:
    You manage to escape, even if you did not manage to gobble down as much as you would have liked. Your stomach gurgles, making noises that rivals that of the hounds' death cries; the food doesn't agree with you. You collapse onto the snow, your insides in turmoil...

Attached Files:

16. Mutant World Cup

Mutant World Cup.jpg
    Username: think_panther

Prologue:

The Mutant World Cup is upon us! Your team managed to reach the finals and you are now facing the best team of the tournament. But things aren’t looking good at the moment. The opponents have a better team than you and one of your defenders has been sent out by the referee cameras which appear to have been tampered with. To make matters worse, the ball itself has mutated into a horrific brain creature, due to the radiation of the players, and is now attacking you! Can you win against all odds and become champions of the world?

Epilogue:

The crowd cheers and chants your names as you raise the World Cup! It was a tough and exciting match but you managed to overcome all the obstacles! All hail the new Kings of the King of Sports! Your team’s sponsor, Blue Manchu, has already sent some gifts that await you in the locker room. You shall bathe in goblin champagne tonight!

1. Try to kill the "Ball" first of all or he will respawn killed enemies. The Rumbling Mutant is invaluable for that purpose.
    2. After killing the "Ball" go for the Security Cameras and the Cyber Boss (blue mutant).
    3. If you hit a camera with Paralytic Poison, you practically disable it for one round as cameras only have movement cards.
    4. Watch out for that Retaliatory Mutation and Laser Spray combo. Adaptable armor is a must to have

Attached Files:

17. BlackVoidDeath

Core Processor

Story:
    You are the Captain of a Ship which has been experiencing several issues in the matrix over the past few days. Your workers have been reporting rogue programs roaming the matrix but because they have not caused any issues then you have been ignoring the warnings. This morning the CP has been attacked by the rogue programs and they have seized control of the Ship! You venture into the Matrix to eliminate the now classified as viruses, programs and take back control of your Ship.

Central Processing Unit2.jpg

Epilogue:
    You manage to take back your Ship before the Mutants destroy the Processor, you return back to the bridge and continue commanding. Your Ship shall fly another day.

• All of your characters can draw invisibility - keep this in mind when planning where to place your characters.
    • The map is highly dependent on placing your characters in the right locations and playing your cards very carefully - I didnt do that before, and kept losing in all three scenarios, now I win almost every game because I actually pay attention and place my characters carefully.
    • The Captain can draw Adaptable as it's "armor" but the spiders can draw Mutated Chitin which is very useful to hide behind when Gary starts throwing Radioactive Pulses around like there is no tomorrow.
    • Taking control of VP is very important, but you must also kill the mutants before they overrun you - you must balance both of these out to win.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  18. BlackVoidDeath

Indiana Bones

Part One

Story:
    You are Indiana Bones, the most fearless adventurer that has ever lived. Your job is finding rare items and deliver them to Randimar for sale in his shop. Today you have set out on a journey to the old Maztec temple which, it is said, to house The Fabled Treasure of the Maztec Twins.
    You finally arrive at the entrance of the temple, after ordering your servants to stand near the entrance you. "Here goes nothing!" you exclaim and dash inside.

Indiana BonesMM1.jpg

Epilogue:
    Clambering up the stairs you can only think of one thing: The Treasure, its the only think that is keeping you going. After finally getting to the top, you take a break, you have earned it!
    After a few minute's break you start piling all of the gold into a magic bag of holding, which can hold as many items as you want!

Part Two

Story:

You are almost done when you feel the platform slide down an inch and hear a quiet *click* you raise your head only too see a dark passageway in front of you! You see an enormous boulder rolling towards you, and picking up speed. You spin around only to see that you have been sealed off and the tombs to the left and right of you are getting lifted, the temple is crumbling! Run!!!

Indiana BonesMM2.jpg

Epilogue:
    You tumble out sending one of your servants flying. He drags you back to the wagon and your group return back to the village. Randimar is very pleased to see you and rewards you with a Simmering Sword, one which you have never seen the likes of before!

If it is possible I think it would be a good addition if the soundtrack of the second map was the Indiana Jones theme tune! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Lord Patches likes this.
  19. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Chamber of Draughts
    Note: this scenario is the sequel to 'Run the Gauntlet'.

Pre-Battle Text
    Patting out the last of the dying flames from his tunic, Holloborn cautiously steps into the next chamber. Compared to the last room, the air is much colder, and he takes a moment to wrap his violet cloak around his body a little tighter before peering into the gloom ahead. Suddenly, harsh mechanical clanking noises echo out from the sides of the room, closely followed by a trio of rusty Copper Golems! Yet even their might cannot be compared to the next entries. Holloborn's eyes widen in panic as two disgusting, brain-like monsters float towards him from the other end of the room - legendary Hyper Thalamuses! The first one raises a tentacle, and without warning, a rending hurricane sweeps into the chamber! Holloborn finds himself flung around the room to a completely different position; as he soars through the air, he notices a ornate silver key dangling from both of their slimy necks. He will need to kill the beasts in order to escape from this death trap...

Post-Battle text
    Turning the key in the lock, Holloborn shoves open the heavy oak doors at the end of the chamber, closely followed by angry mechanical clanking from behind. Two of the three chambers completed! A flicker of hope darts through his mind; not far left to go, and then the prize will be his!

Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Maniafig likes this.
  20. Khyle345

Khyle345 Kobold

ign: Khyle345
    Junkyard Jeopardy
    Intro:
    A small group of apprentice geomancers come to a junkyard with a servant and a sharkbear in order to collect some scrap. Suddenly, a metallic monstrosity (simply put, a cage) trapped the geomancers, and turrets assembled out of nowhere! The sharkbear and the servant is left behind outside, however he has called upon the junkyards` greatest heroes! The (Kobold) Avengers! How will you navigate through the junkyard and get around the turrets?
    Use all assets available to achieve victory and end the... Junkyard Jeopardy!
    [​IMG]
    Victory Text:
    The sharkbear reaches the controls terminal, unfortunately, He doesn`t know how to operate them! Enraged, He destroys the terminal and happens to free the geomancers. They made short work of the turrets and went home with alot of materials.

Attached Files: