Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Whoops didn't see that. Yeah with that I think Emerald-(11, AA-).

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Scouting Run - an attack? No - but your card is very similar to it and Scouting Run has a red background.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

But this doesn't require you to target a character to use the card(you can use it as a pure move card)

4. BlackVoidDeath

I guess so, then it would be a hybrid - red and blue.

5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Pretty sure I've seen Scouting Run get blocked, iirc.....wouldn't that make it some form of "attack"? :confused:

6. BlackVoidDeath

Yes, thats why its a red card.
    Also I think you missclicked in autocorrect - form not firm?

7. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Yes, BVD.....auto correct has hated me today -.-

8. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Smashing Spin is not an attack, Charge is not an attack, Elven Trickery is not an attack. Why would Sight of Hand be an attack? Because it can be blocked?
    I think Attack+Move cards are supposed to be step move cards only.

Scouting Run, like Pressing Bash, is mainly an attack: if you get blocked, you do not move

9. THUNDERSTORM.png
    Inspired by the first hint of El Niño in the San Francisco bay area this morning. Also in case you're wondering, yes: I am available if there is an opening in the art department.

10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

This year's El Nino is predicted to be an unholy mess. Potential flooding where drought conditions have been for the past few.

As for the card I think you'd need to bring it down to 6 damage but have the roll halve it.. and still be subject to immunity from sparks.

11. Numbers aside, what do you think of the concept?

12. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@LieutenantCommanderData: Good Level 30-ish enemy-only card you made there, sir. :p

Yeah, it can do 54 damage in the space of a single turn, AND you can't see through it, AND it's Burst 2, AND you need either Grounding Plates or Resistant Hide to be completely immune to it.

This? In the hands of players? Pfffffffft.

13. Well, each tile only has a 1/3 chance of casting. And where are you getting 54 damage? It's 27 in multiplayer and 225 in campaign (with a 1/(3^25) probability). The average outcomes, respectively, are 9 and 75 damage. Compare to Lava Pool's 24 and 72.

14. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@LieutenantCommanderData: Ahhh, but, you--or rather, the card--didn't state that it's user or the user's allies are immune to it, so, if some sadist used it when all 6 players are in a cluster [and stuff like this tends to happen in V-square areas a LOT, i.e. Lava Pool, Laser Cannons and those blasted Radiation squares], and it happens to hit all 6 at max damage, it'd be 54 damage in all, and mind you, that's just in MP.
    Campaign? 225? Hah. 2 words: Blooming Ground. If that becomes a Player card--and there's Geomancers that already use it--you can potentially have way more than 225 damage on your hands. Oy. =O

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  15. OK... fair enough. :p

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If Blooming Ground ever becomes a player card, there should be mass panic in PvP.

17. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@Sir Veza: Nah. Jon and the crew will make absolutely sure that a Greater or Ultimate token is required so that it's Campaign-only; They wouldn't do that to us.....I think. :p

timeracers likes this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

Dont be so sure...

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Heavy Rain

Burst 1. Affected squares become Rainy Terrain (line of sight through Rainy Terrain reduced to 3). Duration 2. Every character standing at Rainy Terrain gains Encumber 1, takes 2 less damage from Fire Attacks and takes 2 more damage from Electrical Attacks.

ParodyKnaveBob and Adunien like this.
  20. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Chaotic Land
    For each square choose a random terrain to become. For each square choose a random duration from 1 to 3.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob and Slayer696 like this.