Ozyola's Oddments: Custom Item Photoshopping!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Sep 27, 2015.

1. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Shouldn't it have Wings of Faith, then?...
    ;)

2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Human Skill shouldn't have that honestly.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Next thing you will be saying is that humans shouldn't have attacks that do more than 4 damage(it says almost anything so you have 1 extra damage).
    Solid Mail: "What you sacrifice in coverage, you gain in density. This stuff can stop almost anything! Anything... Human."
    Actually this flavor text is really silly it isn't even close to stopping anything human.

ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Then I propose a new card!
    Super, Soldier!
    Create a Fly card and put it in target's hand.
    Superman, yooooou!

5. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

I have two new and exciting laser-based items for Ozyola to create!

Faulty Laser Gizmo
    Level 19, Epic Weapon (majortoken)(majortoken)
    I wanted to create a weapon which had some of the 'random laser malfunction cards' on it, as I believe these can currently only be drawn by rolling a 1 or 2 for major/minor erratic damage. I think these handicaps are pretty cool, and should be used on laser weapons too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Devastating Cannon
    Level 12, Common Staff (minortoken)(minortoken)
    Well, this staff is quite crazy. I wasn't sure what item type to make this, as Charged Laser Barrage is projectile type, not magic - however, many other powerful ranged laser cards are magic, so this would probably follow the pattern too. You should probably get your other characters behind the user of this staff as soon as possible.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Nice synergy, because you can choose rather to use drained battery before or after the other mandatory attacks.

Casual42 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if I wrote the instructions for this card correctly. I want the attack to automatically be executed when an enemy in the player's line of sight plays a move card, and a die roll to be then completed to determine whether Reactive Fire should be kept or discarded. Should I have worded it differently?

8. That's exactly how I interpreted it before reading your explanation so I think you're good. It would definitely set a new bar for card complexity, though. A new player could definitely feel overwhelmed seeing something like this.

adajon likes this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

The only card that I can think of, similar to this is Altruism - I would say changing the second action to this:
    If an enemy in your line of sight plays a Move card, immediately preform this card's attack on them. Keep Unless 2 (Then add a dice roll of 3+)
    If a player were to use this card, they would probably read what it does first.

adajon likes this.
  10. BlackVoidDeath

Could someone photoshop this please?
    Uppercut
    Damage: 5 | Range: 1
    Melee Crushing
    Desc: When a character is targeted by this card, turn that character away from the character that used this card. Stealthy. Cantrip.
    Flavor Text: ~

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

And this:
    Headshot
    Damage: 5 | Range: 8
    Magic Laser
    Desc: Increase the damage by 10 if the target is not facing you.
    Flavor Text: "H-H-H-HEADSHOT!!!" - an unnervingly loud voice.

seth arue likes this.
  12. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Should be increase by 200 damage if you play Spin Around first ;)

Edit: now I want to make a staff with 3x Head Shot + 3x Spin Around and name it 360 No Scope

BlackVoidDeath and seth arue like this.
  13. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

[​IMG]

14. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Persistent Earth Sceptre
    Level 15, Epic Staff (majortoken)(minortoken)
    I don't think we currently have any staffs with blocking terrain cards on them - perhaps this is because these cards are deemed to be too overpowered, I do not know. Anyway, I think we need some. Here is an example of one I made.

15. BlackVoidDeath

Flaxative and timeracers like this.
  16. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Really like the flavor there! Everlasting Ground, Immovable, and Slowed all really feed into the feel of a stone bulwark.

17. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Doomsday Device
    Thingy (any item slot)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The end is comming! Fire will consume the land and the men. Only the chosen ones will be saved (and those who Hover, but they'll have to come down eventually)

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's obviously a helmet.

19. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

There, fixed that for you ;-p

20. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Staff of the Misleading Fairy
    Level 18, Rare Staff (majortoken)(majortoken)
    Some more cards not usable by players. With this staff, you too can become an annoying fairy and send adventurers the wrong way!