Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I mean, it's true, it pales in comparison to Party Leader Hat, but it's not terrible...

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Funny you should say that. Today's Loot Fairy just gave one of those to me and to one of my teammates. I think I now have half the level 21 items (all are legendary).

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  4. Ector

Ector Hydra

The cards are much better, but it costs you a yellow token, alas...

I guess it's popular just because you get Sprint, Team for a low price... but I doubt that including two bad cards into your deck is a "low" price.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I don't have any particular build in mind, but I'd get 3rd Crazy Sal.

Grats on the staves! One Bleneth's Frenzy Tome is probably enough, get the staves first at least.

Quick Jon's Axe might be usable in Chess Madness, but I wouldn't get it.

Only duplicates for the first time in RR for me. 4th Hand Of Melvelous / The Irradiator / The Lunginator / The Strongarm and some bad legs I have 1 - 2. I might get 4th Hand of Melvelous or just pass all and save a bit more for Holiday items.

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

I like this attitude and feel the same. Thanks!
    Holy RNJesus, why others get the Lunginators they don't want while I'm waiting for my 3rd copy for months?

Han Lee likes this.
  7. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Sentient_Toaster likes this.
  8. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Xander's mail if you're using 1/1/1, VP if you're using 2 warriors

Sentient_Toaster and Mama Mia like this.
  9. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

I tend to change builds very often, going from 2 warriors to triple priests to 2 wizards to 1-1-1.
    Thanks for pitching in anyways! :)

10. I meant helmet, lol. It's one of the few ways to pick up multiple sprint teams on a dwarf team.

11. Might suggest that neither is automatic in that case between this and the mention that you have gold for exactly one... but would lean towards the Vibrant Pain if you do want one of the two.

Xander's Mail is obviously very nice, but if gold is an issue, you have to ask yourself whether it's 2400g nicer than Perilous Ringmail. It's quantitatively a step up in terms of more reliably getting Reliable Mail without the double-edged Traveling Curse, but it's not radically different in terms of what it lets you do.

Vibrant Pain vs. Lochaber Axe -- Lochaber Axe has three Nimble Strike rather than six, and a Vicious Thrust (and far less impressively, Weak Chop and Unreliable Block. It's Epic, so the cost would be 2000g less than Vibrant Pain if you had the chance.

Running two Vibrant Pain on one warrior seems pretty niche (maybe on a warrior on Barrels, if you don't feel like running wizards). If you do want to run two warriors again, and in MP, a second Vibrant Pain will be pretty neat. But if you're pretty much always running a priest of some sort, maybe towards the end of the week in case Daily Deals brings up some neat legendary priest item since it might be something you'll run all the time. You have some days to decide on any RR items.

Mama Mia, Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I agree with @Sentient_Toaster. If you're below 5 - 10k gold, I would only consider buying Xander's Mail, if it would be one of the last 10 legendaries I'd need.

Getting (2nd) Vibrant Pain is a bit different, because it opens up more possibilities. If you don't find anything more useful in DD for the whole week, consider getting Vibrant Pain on Saturday.

Mama Mia likes this.
  13. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Thanks guys for all the advice. ;)
    It's Election Day on Tuesday here in ol' 'murica, so I don't have school. :cool: Time to farm up the gold.

I've decided to not get Xander's Mail and wait until Saturday before deciding on whether not to get Vibrant Pain. Who knows? I might loot one before then!

Melancthon and Sir Veza like this.
  14. Ector

Ector Hydra

I strongly recommend buying Xander's Mail. The reason is simple: it's the best possible tokenless armor, and nothing can replace it. Perilous Ringmail is much worse if you consider that Thickened Mail prevents only 1.3333 damage on average. Such card doesn't deserve to be kept in your hand.

The difference is clear to me. You can live without the 2nd Vibrant Pain, it isn't mandatory nowadays. There are many great weapons available that are somewhat better and somewhat worse - for instance, you can use Nova Axes. Nothing can replace Xander's Mail, it's unique. All of its cards deserve their place in your hand.

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

You're going to pay a token for one Sprint, Team! plus two bad cards. Don't you think that switching to humans and paying the same token for Sprint, Team! and two good cards can be better? :) Alternatively, you can just try one human priest with Bloody Command and two dwarf warriors.
    I've bought three Bloody Commands myself to build a super-mobile human team. It would be nice to play without Vibrant Pains and still have the great mobility :)

16. Depends on whether or not you want more blind rage and a bit more hp. Either works depending on the situation/build.

17. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Xanders mail is certainly not the best tokenless armor.
    The harness will be dead draws unless you get them turn 1. Getting them turn 3 4 or 5 while your in the middle of combat is a recipe for disaster.
    Yes you can combo them with Leadership or savage curse but most games are over far too quickly for any benefit.

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

So what do you think is the best tokenless armor?
    This is the nature of the game. Most tokenless items will give you suboptimal cards that can be "a disaster in the middle of combat". Perilous Ringmail can even give you a card that will kill you without opponent's effort :)
    As for the harness, it will be disastrous only on the turn you'll draw it. On the next and all the consequent turns, if you survive that long, it will be just an extra 0.5 damage prevention per turn.

19. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Spiked Tlahuiztli is probably my favourite.
    Perilous Ringmail is great.
    It does depend on the rest of your build and map rotation.
    Personally I prefer the efficiency a trait provides in the fast paced ranked meta.
    I carnt deny Xanders is decent and I use it myself in some 'fun' builds but its not my go to pick :)

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

You've obviously encountered a LOT of melee opponents, if not all. The Tlahuiztli is awesome versus melee, but very bad versus magic/ranged attacks. Your Barbed Platemal doesn't trigger, and your Mail prevents just 1 damage on average. As for Ouch!, the damage may be minimal, but revealing your attacks is really bad. Especially if you have no good attacks :)

Xander's isn't very powerful, but it's reliable and versatile. This is what I call "the best".

Jezterscap likes this.