What were your first 3 characters?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Nov 1, 2015.

?

What were your first 3 characters?

1. Dwarf Warrior

33.3%
  2. Human Warrior

41.7%
  3. Elf Warrior

22.2%
  4. Human Wizard

22.2%
  5. Elf Wizard

30.6%
  6. Dwarf Wizard

41.7%
  7. Human Priest

55.6%
  8. Elf Priest

27.8%
  9. Dwarf Priest

13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Do you guys remember back then, when you first joined cardhunter and probably didnt know how to play or do anything at that, and we were supposed to pick our first 3 characters?
    Try recalling that time and what characters you chose, and why?
    It would be interesting to see what players chose what as their first characters.

2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

My first three were dwarves, because I like having much hp. And one of every kind, because that way I could use every item which I would find. I think if any newbie asks, I will recommand to do so.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I used humans because I assumed they would be the most balanced. But little did I know that cats would be the most supreme...

Flaxative and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

I had an elf warrior and priest because I liked how they looked and a dwizard because of an inside joke with my friends

5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Elf warrior, Human Priest, Dwarf Wiz. All 3 chars had the same hp, lol!
    I wanted a fast fighter, and my priest I wanted to get just close enough to heal. I figured wiz is ranged, so didn't matter if he's slow.

timeracers and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  6. BlackVoidDeath

But then there is the opposite view of a warrior needs to be beefy, a mage needs to get into position and a priest needs to be in the middle because they need to be strong to be in melee combat AND get into position to cast spells.

Han Lee likes this.
  7. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Dwarf Warrior, Human Wizard & Human Priest.
    I finished every adventure with this setup (except The Troll Tyrant, for that only I used 2 warriors), so I've never regretted it. If I were to go back I'll probably pick an elf, just for the sake of having every class and race in the party.

8. BlackVoidDeath

Which character class would you swap out for an elf?

9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I also remember making a stabbing fig very early on, seeing as I got no clubs (and the mobility helped). But yes, I could see all arguments.

10. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Right now I'll say an Elf Priest, but I'm quite sure I was about to get an Elf Wizard before getting scared of by excessive squishiness.
    I'd like to express my appreciation to anyone who managed to take a party of three elves through the campaign on the first go.

11. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

ELF RACE MASTER RACE

But in all seriousness, my first singleplayer party was an Elf priest ;), Elf wizard, and human support priest.

Sir Veza and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  12. BlackVoidDeath

Story time!
    When I first played Card Hunter I made it my goal to complete the WHOLE campaign before even entering the multiplayer lobby, that of course meant that all the players that had been playing back then never knew I existed :( anyway, I played through the whole campaign with an all-elf party.

Thats impossible, you had to have a warrior, mage and priest at the beginning and then AFTER that you could have swapped your characters out for others.

seth arue and Fifjunior7 like this.
  13. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

I knew nothing about this game 4 months ago. My first ever character was a Human Warrior, and since I knew nothing about nothing about nothing about CH, I went with a 1/1/1 team. Stuck with the same team of Human Warrior, Dwarf Priest and Elf Wizard all the way to Level 12 or so before I FINALLY started knowing better. :p

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Thats impossible, you had to have a warrior, mage and priest at the beginning and then AFTER that you could have swapped your characters out for others.[/QUOTE]

Swapped out as soon as humanly possible! =)

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dwarf warrior, dwarf wizard, human priest. I got the dwarves for the hp, because I figured they'd be better able to survive a beginner's blunders. They were. When the time came to pick a priest, I'd realized how slow the dwarves actually were, so I got a human.

BlackVoidDeath and Fifjunior7 like this.
  16. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I played in the beta, so I knew that the MP party would give me a dwarf warrior, human priest, and elf wizard, so I chose Human Warrior, Elf Priest, and Dwarf Wizard. Turns out, they were really good!

17. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Dwarf Warrior, Human Priest, Elf Wizard. Also a beta player, and it seemed like the right thing to do! Pretty sure I beat the campaign with that party before going back and recruiting new units, though it WAS a very long time ago, and I AM an old man with a foggy memory....

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I'm fairly sure that the game went live and reset before (or not long after) I beat the campaign in beta. Pretty sure my first play-through after the game went live was Human Warrior, Elf Priest, Dwarf Wizard.

18. SlowComputer

SlowComputer Kobold

Dwarf monk (i mean warrior) 'cause of Grimnaw from Neverwinter; human cleric (priest) and also human sorcerer (wizard).
    I picked no elves 'cause, in the tavern, their description said: "... even more moves at high levels" :/
    It was the right call, since you need no mobility for the campaign. The dumb zombies walk (shuffle) toward our clubs. Even chasing wisps (or dragons) isn't that hard for a dwarf, doe the weak AI.
    Humans was a disappointment in terms of drawing more cards.
    So I recommend dwarves for all, unless you want to challange yourself.
    Ofc expert players know how valuable are some items (human's superb commands, elven's cautious maneuvers).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  19. SlowComputer

SlowComputer Kobold

As i remember, your first warrior starts with only 2 or 3 slots. One of them is a weapon and other is a pair of boots, so you can move and hit.
    Having a high ratio of moves (around 3 in a deck of 12, plus the racial) might give us the impression that will always be like this: more moves than we need. Elf pickers probably regret their instinct shortly after. But they did nothing wrong... everyone falls at first jump.

20. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.