Your ideas for tweaking/nerfing some cards?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I thought we should discuss some of that. Let's help Flax and other devs with balancing!

I don't remember dwarfcicles, but right now there's nothing that stops your movement aside from Trip. So how about giving them a roll, when it's a 1 space move after encumber. I guess the roll would be 4+, if you roll that, you move.

If I come up with something that could be good, I'll post that. But what are your ideas?

2. You're forgetting Entangling Roots and Hit the Deck.

Lucky Dice likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

FWIW, numerical tweaks are far more likely to be implemented than system-level changes.

timeracers likes this.
  4. Such as changing a certain elf trait to 2 duration? Wink wink.

5. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Shouldn't this be in "Feedback and Suggestion"? :p

On another note, I'd like to see Shield Block become a viable card.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    tolkien, timeracers and seth arue like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

>_> moved.

Mama Mia likes this.
  7. Seriously. Just let it draw a card no matter what it blocks and it would be fine. Still worse than parry against melee (which is the main reason you'd want blocks), but actually has some value versus ranged attacks.

EDIT: In fact, even with this rather substantial upgrade, it's still almost strictly worse than Defender's Block. I say make this change AND lower its quality. Maybe then we will be getting somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  8. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

And Icy Block. Maybe make it 2+ or 3+?
    Unfortunately it's current status makes it too situational to utilize consistently.

ParodyKnaveBob and Mama Mia like this.
  9. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Even if Shield Block was a 3+, block any, draw a card-- it'd still be worse than Defender's Block. :(
    Note the current cards' qualities the same!
    [​IMG]
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that one is better than the other

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Jezterscap, Fifjunior7, Vakaz and 2 others like this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Haha, yeah, my bad. Entangling Roots is the only half that's not self-applicable, so I guess this is the only legitimate Halt there is. I think Wizards could use that chance for a halt on icy attacks.

In order to balance that small change out, Burst should deal less damage the further from the centre the character stands. Normal Fireball would deal 4 damage to the character in the target square, 3 to the people surrounding the square by 1 tile, etc. Any buffs should also be applied like so - Say with Unholy Wellspring and Savage Curse, Fireball on the target square hits for that fateful 11, but the next set of tiles it's 8 and 5. Even this variation of Fireball is extremely powerful, but I think it's all justified right now.

Blind Rage is currently incredibly powerful for what it costs, as it's a buff your opponent can't clear with purge. What if it could be cleared with both players' purge, so that its behavior as a handicap and a boost card would both be fulfilled?

11. Cards that come to mind.

Elven Maneuvers
    - Could shorten duration
    - Could reduce draw depth instead
    - More radically, it could always generate (rather than draw) a pure movement card -- maybe Dash, maybe Quick Step.

Blind Rage
    - Could increase self-damage
    - Could penalize (own) Block/Dodge rolls

Lateral Thinking
    - Targets linearly, range 4, including self

Defender's Block
    - Must be able to see the attacker, not just facing him (possibly through a wall)

Robauke and Jezterscap like this.
  12. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

13. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't think anybody really uses these at the moment. A 4+ roll is just way too steep for what they give, especially when picking an item with one of these means we're giving up a resistant hide or an arcane aura. I've only ever tried them once, on the single player level with Flensers, and they weren't useful at all. Armour effects like these don't usually need a roll to trigger, and for what the effect is, I feel like these don't need it either. So maybe making it 1+ or 2+ instead of 4+ would work better.

14. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

[​IMG]

Muscle Through

Last Aloyzo gave us two more boots with the card, but I have yet to see a single muscle through in ranked...
    I love the concept of the card (an anti-violent spin), but I think it is too weak in its current form.
    Apart from Ooze Ball and Geomancer league, where the card is one of the most powerful, I am really hard pressed to think of a situation in mp where I want a Muscle Through (and not a card which does the job better):

- Surpassing difficult terrain: Move 2 is not very impressive and there are cheaper ways to do so (Fly, telekinesis, Elven trickery,...)
    - Sliding away an attacking enemy to protect yourself or an ally: Slide 1 won´t help much... (Better: Violent spin, telekinesis, Winds / gusts of war, Force Cannon...)
    -Taking over vps: There are not many single vp-maps and you would need another ally next to the vp to take it over. If there is no ally to takeover the vp, the enemy will likely have a move or step-attack to move back.
    - Helping your team to get away from a surprise volcano. Team walk is just better for that.

A buff to "Slide 2" and Move 3 might increase its usefulness. To compensate: remove free move.
    Alternatively focus on terrain surpassing: Buff movement to Move 4 (free move) and keep "Slide 1".

For Ooze Ball and Geomancer the card should remain unchanged, so there should be a re-naming somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Master Goo and Mama Mia like this.
  15. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

The current meta is full of buffed burst, its very anti-fun to play against it. Well at least for me.
    Maybe burst attacks could be changed to do less damage to the squares surrounding the impact point.
    ie arcane burst does 4 damage to the target square and 2 (half to surrounding)
    wellspring would make this 7 and 4 damage.

Wandere likes this.
  16. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Just spit balling here based on memory before I go to sleep, but...

Volcano and Bless to range 5.
    Smoke Bomb duration to 1.
    Illusory Barrier duration to 2.
    Imp Nimbus to something else (either block all front damage or block all damage above X).
    Martyr to "draw a card if damaged above X (7+?)".
    Cushioning Armor to always activate after other armors.
    Adaptable drawn by player to duration 1.
    Defender's Block to adjacent to target.
    Force Field to duration 2.
    Res Hide to "reduce damage by listed types by 4."

Probably a few more but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

17. Stexe

Have you tried running Auto Block? I'd be curious to see how well that works against AoE nukers. Haven't tried it myself yet.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No! Are you trying to kill us questers?

esthkol likes this.
  19. Stexe

lol. This is just balancing for MP. I'd think some levels might have to be slightly changed to work for 1-hp quests. Granted, we thought Blitz wasn't possible in a 1-hp after Wall of Stone was removed and look how someone found out how to do it! :-P

20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ahem!

Stexe likes this.