What brought you to CardHunter?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Sep 23, 2015.

?

What brought you to CardHunter?

1. Dont Remember

9.5%
  2. Kongregate

33.3%
  3. Steam

11.9%
  4. Friends

28.6%
  5. Social Sites

7.1%
  6. Top 10 list or similar

21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. melkor_unlimited

melkor_unlimited Orc Soldier

I have read about CH in local gamer magazine (real paper one).

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Wow, I never thought that Card Hunter would get into things like printed newsletters/magazines.
    Next up, Card Hunter on TV!

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Wow, that's awesome. Is there any chance you could scan that for us?

As for TV, Card Hunter was supposed to appear in a segment on GameStop TV, ie the in-store looping TV show in GameStop stores. It was supposed to run for a month. I assume that happened, but couldn't justify the airfares to check.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  4. melkor_unlimited

It was 2 year age. Inbetween I moved to new house and many thing still be in boxes. Maybe that magazine is in one of them.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ha, never mind. Don't put yourself out over it.

6. Korva

Korva Kobold

A friend of mine had been keeping an eye out for co-op games that we can play together, preferably ones that are suited to shorter sessions as well as longer ones. She suggested Card Hunter, and while I was a bit dubious at first, I played through the tutorial so we could do the co-op together. After the first session with her and her husband, we were all hooked and I immediately bought the Basic Edition and started a solo team as well.

7. BlackVoidDeath

Its interesting how many people come to Card Hunter expecting it to be highly co-op based or at least they heard of the game because of the co-op factor - I used to see many players ask in chat "How to coop?" or "How do I co-op?".
    But from what I'v seen, co-op has died out substantially since it was first added - the only place I see co-op played nowadays is to get the LF, and even then its just to get 2 extra items rather than for fun.
    I dont mean that I think that players dont enjoy co-op - I am saying that they dont enjoy it AS much as before.

8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I don't know about you, but I see a LOT of co-op for fun being played. Friends, married couples, parent/kid pairs, and I'm asked quite a fair amount to fill in with a third character. It's still being played a lot, and it probably is a major draw knowing you'll be able to play with friends nearly right off the bat.

9. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I play once in the week together with friends. It is as great as just playing a little bit Diablo. Even better is, you dont die, when you concentrate a little bit more on the conversation. :D

10. BlackVoidDeath

I guess I dont pay enough attention?
    I remember when co-op was first released, I was asked to play co-op with a group and I almost always accepted - nowadays no-one ask me :( and I dont see many games played.

11. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I think there are more established co-op groups so there are less pickup groups and looking for group requests, so the majority of co-op players are hidden from others.

Magic Elves and Sir Veza like this.
  12. BlackVoidDeath

Aww, I still do enjoy co-op - so I have to get my co-op off on LF patrol.
    I do wish I still got invited to co-op.

13. MeevarTheMighty

MeevarTheMighty Orc Soldier

Improve your skills and maybe some group will consider you. :p

I forgot to add, the charity on Humble Bundle was one that I agreed with, so while I spent $30 or something and this is the better of two good games in the bundle, the devs didn't actually get a cent from me that day. Tough luck! I hope they're in another bundle one day (*cough* I still don't have AotA *cough*) and preferably alongside something terrible or controversial.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I found CH through a Yahoo! article of best new games of the year on 12/31/13. It was during the holidays and I had some free time so I thought I'd check it out... who knew I'd still be playing almost 2 years later!

15. Korva

Korva Kobold

Well, it makes sense -- Card Hunter is basically a simulated tabletop game, and while you can play that sort of thing with only one player and the GM, it's usually done and much more fun as a real group experience. Approaching the game from that perspective as my friends and I did, it's actually surprising that the multiplayer focus is on PvP and that co-op is merely a recent addition. :p

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dunno about that. I learned something very important by playing co-op with BVD.
    I'd started the coffee and just sat down at my computer when a message from BVD popped up asking me if I wanted to co-op the LF at Viscous Tombs. I agreed, and joined BVD and @Finial . I said I'd been using vamps on that one, and asked what they were using. Finial said Firestorm. I started to change to a firestorm wiz, but BVD said it might be nice to have a priest along, so I just hit follow instead.
    Then I thought, elf vamp? Firestorm? This is abysmally stupid. Too late, can't change. So they stormed, and I charred and popped over onto the tabletop. Both Finial and BVD did fine.
    New Rule: Never co-op before coffee.

17. BlackVoidDeath

That was a good day :D
    Also I think this is a good representation of me co-oping:
    [​IMG]

Sir Veza and melkor_unlimited like this.
  18. melkor_unlimited

Solo ... [​IMG]

And Co-op

[​IMG]

Sir Veza likes this.