[SUGGESTION] Make caverns of chaos playable!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Attachiant, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Attachiant

Attachiant Kobold

Are you sure?

2. Attachiant

Attachiant Kobold

Just agree to disagree.

3. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Yeah I meant chance of completing any given run, though this number is from the playtesting before the buffs so it is probably a low estimate at this point.

4. Attachiant

Attachiant Kobold

And they says it's doable....

5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

You say that this Cavern was made "for elitists". How long have you been playing? I've played less than 3 months, haven't touched any expansion stuff yet, and have enjoyed the game thus far. I haven't gotten past 6 in CoC yet, but I will eventually. It's s challenge, but more so, it gives amazing rewards that'd be hard for a casual guy like me to get. (I don't grind the campaign daily, don't have time. And I tend to miss the Fairy, a lot)

6. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

I have to pay a penny for CoC?

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Quite a few people have done it, so it must be. I'm not one of those people. Scarponi has completed the run at least twice.
    If you don't want to spend a penny on the game, don't. It's okay. Some who have held the top spot in MP never spent a cent, and I don't know anyone who begrudges them this.
    My favorite thing about CoC is that it's free content. A close second is that at last we have repeatable guaranteed rare and epic drops in the campaign. I do hope @Flaxative will see fit to make both CoC versions available to all.
    :confused: WTF, over? Is someone holding a gun to your head, forcing you to play the new content? Sneak me a PM and I'll notify SWAT!
    If this isn't the case, what's your point? I've never felt forced to play any component of CH, or to play CH at all. I really can't comprehend the mindset required to consider your statement valid. Which is saying something, because I've watched tons of C-SPAN.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh, I thought that number was for the percentage of people who have completed the campaign. Which, if Steam is to be believed, is currently 2.9%. But Steam is also saying that more people have found the Hidden Bandit than the Loot Fairy which is pretty hard to swallow.

9. Attachiant

Attachiant Kobold

Oh yeah another one who thinks that new content should'nt be playable by everyone and that it's not a problem if there is no new content for a large part of the players.

10. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Not everything in life is beatable. Some things you have to struggle and struggle until you run into a roadblock or you succeed. If you run into the former, most times there is nothing you can do about it. Then the challenge is to live with your limitations and move on. You may say that this doesn't apply to games because the purpose of a game is to be enjoyable, but my two cents is to treat this like any other challenge in life. Grow up.

timeracers likes this.
  11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Meaning you, specifically? I've failed to find anyone else who is this hung up over it. I mean, anyone who plays CoC, and at least beating the 2nd level, is getting decent drops in their chests.
    Really, if CoC didn't exist at all, would you be playing?
    Alternatively, have you tried it co-op? Playing with other people could get you different perspectives on strategies you hadn't thought of before.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're still arguing your false premise. CoC is playable by everyone. It's just very hard to beat, and not everyone will like it. If you think it's possible to make something everyone will like, you don't understand people. There are several things in CH I don't play, because I don't like them.
    The only things in CH not playable by everyone are the bulk of the treasure hunts, because they're only available to paying customers. Beyond that, it's simply a matter of what they choose to play.

13. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I think you the real reason you started this theead is deep down you really want to play and get further with Caverns.

There are some sweet legendary characters you get to use at levels 9-10, not to mention epic rewards from levels 8 onwards.

From memory, lvl 4 can actually be tough. But once you beat it, I think levels 5 and 6 give you victory squares to increase your win chances (monsters that occupy the square/s don't affect).

You will get better at it, don't play it in a rush, have a cup of tea and really think through your plans b4 hand on each level, contemplate the unique abilites of your enemies and your starting party mmm contemplate!! (You do know what your stating party can generally do , right?) Use placement effectively etc. etc. you need every advantage you can get on later levels.
    Playing caverns is a lot like being in a desert. You need to ration your water (attacks and spells) to maximize their effects!! You need to be te Bear Gryllis of CH!!!

Example- if you have a magma spray and only used it against one or two enemy, you're using it wrong! Playing the waiting game, maneuvering around, then BOOM!! Magma spraying 4 guys with firestarter active, will be the best feeling!!!

That's 12 points each of total magma damage, multiplied by 4, =48 damage from one spell!!!

And if you can do that you probably will win more battles, but more importantly, enjoy Caverns even when you don't win ;))

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Led, Sir Veza, Flaxative and 2 others like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Levels 2-9 all pull from a set of boards that include some with victory squares and some without.

15. It IS playable, by everyone.
    It's just not finishable the majority of the time. This is done on purpose.
    It is an extremely difficult and challenging dungeon that gives you great rewards for every level you complete.

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5, Wocket and 3 others like this.
  16. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I would say it is most of the time not beatable and at least extremly difficult and depending on your luck. I think it is great content, but not content I can enjoy at every time. I have to be in good mood to play it, meaning I love to play it with friends and beer. Allthough the beer doesnt help in beating the adventure. I think it is a problem if you play the caverns to win. Then the adventure is just frustrating. Dont do that. Just play it for fun, when you can enjoy the challenge.

CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Personally I think Caverns of Chaos is a lot of fun =). But if it isn't your style, try something else! It certainly doesn't affect the quality of all the other amazing things Cardhunter has to offer!

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here's an opening hand from last night's run:

coc6.png
    Is it just me, or is something missing here?

Stexe likes this.
  19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Elf wizard or two.

Maniafig, Stexe, Sir Veza and 4 others like this.
  20. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

It looks like a strong team. Good heals and good damage. Drawing armour cards early means you get maximal value from them, and the density of attack cards in the remainder of your deck will be higher. The thing that's missing from the screenshot is the enemies! But based on what you've shown, I reckon you'll win that match. :)