Balancing League Sets

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Kalin, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Some people don't like certain types of leagues, and I've heard them complain when half the leagues are that type for months at a time.

Meanwhile, I have a different issue: regular magnificent chests aren't valuable to me. So I only enter leagues that reward EttSC chests, since I'm still missing many of those items.

So let's try to set up the leagues for maximum variety.

My idea is having each set of leagues contain three leagues that give regular chests:
    1 Quick Draw
    1 Constructed Deck
    1 Monster deck

Then the fourth league would rotate between QD/Monster/Constructed and alternate between giving EttSC or AotA chests. So if you don't like this month's expansion league, at least you know that next month will be the other expansion and a different type.

And someday it would be nice to see AA chests and leagues, but we need a lot more items first.

Stexe, Obernoob, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  2. Wocket

Wocket Orc Soldier

While I would be perfectly happy with a setup just as you described, it may he detrimental to new players attempting to gear up to have two constructed. I realize three magnificent chests will still do an admirable job in that regard, but I have never entered a league I didn't play in (not necessarily all matches, but still), and I don't ever intend to start.

Had it been two constructed when I started, there would have been a month where I played one league a day tops for minimum 5 out of 7 days. Nobody likes playing when they're hopelessly outclassed.

Edit - figured I'd preempt this. Yes, whoever you are, I'm sure there's someone who likes being hopelessly outclassed. Face it, you're weird.

3. Perhaps true of existing constructed leagues, some of which are strongly in favor of certain things (the legendary illusion and burst staves shining on Death March, for instance). However, it doesn't have to be the case. What if there were a league with a fairly mundane map, and a version of the previously mentioned but so-far-unofficial 'peasant' restriction on gear? e.g. if only common and uncommon gear were permitted, then it's all available in the normal non-DD/RR stores at relatively low cost. Experienced players would still have a substantial advantage in skill, but at least novices would have a realistic chance of coming up with reasonable builds knowing that they wouldn't have to worry about homicidal elf warriors flying around with Vibrant Pain and Crazy Sal's or whatever.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I like the idea, but I don't think the game currently has the ability to limit equipped items by rarity. I'd like it to happen, but anything that requires significantly modifying the engine will probably be a long time coming.
    Unless they've already been working on it, in which case it might show up any day now. :cool:

Sentient_Toaster and timeracers like this.
  5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I love that idea.

For me they are currently not valuable, but they will be as soon as the next expension happens.