Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

First time farming the low level quests. Within the first 30 minutes, 2x snobbit pipes, 1x unholy nimbus, and 1x relic of st darqar xD

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. black_wolf

black_wolf Kobold

My 2 cents...
    The Softener is a must buy for me.
    Zero G Combat Helm naa Wenham's Leather Coif or Forrtescue's Feathered Cap will grant you Sprint, Team! without wasting a major token.
    Quellic's Boots are the best armored boots in the game and I would buy it immediately but I haven't found it yet.

Ector likes this.
  4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Just look at Radiation Bomb, which is going to become quite popular as soon as people will get enough Cursed Radcannons. You get hit and get a random Handicap. Some of them can be very nasty and may cost you a game (see Trip, for instance). Not with the Mail! The burning mages specialize on attaching a lot of nasty spells to your chars - not with the Mail.
    Moreover, with Bern's Untouchable Mail you can play items with the Handicaps yourself! See Blazing Shortsword: it's amazing, but Combustible may burn you if your opponent has a burning wizard. Not with the Mail again! The curse just wears off your character.

Right, but you would be able to play a wizard instead of your priest, and launch Cone Of Cold that wouldn't slow your warriors or Fireballs that wouldn't burn them. It would be a completely different party.

Movement is very important for a warrior (you wouldn't play Vibrant Pain if you wouldn't understand that), so spending a token on the boots is generally wise. The best (minortoken) boots are much better than the best tokenless alternatives.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Grats on the selection! What's up with the Warpers, though? I don't think you can have two of the same or am I missing something?

I'd definitely get the Skull Of Savage Iljin. Grab Glowing Gland if you want to play with radiation and can't decide between bombs and terrain.

Skull Of Savage Iljin is essential if you want to run burfft (buffs + burst) build.

I wouldn't spend any gold on Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock or Quick Jon's Axe, especially if you only have 10k. Obliterating Chop can be fun in SP, but that's a about it.

Both Firehide Robes & Blazing Shortsword are solid picks.

I would only consider these two. Barnum's is good burning staff, but you have to get many other legendaries to make burning wizard truly shine. Bern's is quite unique, but you really have to build around it and it has quite acceptable epic counterparts (Impervious Panoply & Emperor's Plate).

See above. Also Brin's Storm Locket is a good tokenless double Firestorm item for low level SP farming, though Azgul's Orb and Chartwell's Ring are usually a bit more preferable. Bynzer's Black Spear is really good vampire weapon, which I use both in SP and MP.

To the shield discussion. I wouldn't buy any legendary shield currently printed. Partly because shields are max 3 usable, but mainly I think that we have so many good alternatives in lower rarities.

I would only consider Captain Cedric's Boots, but if you already have a pair, then it probably isn't worth it, if you're low on gold.

I don't think any of those is a "must have", but most of them are quite nice.
    The Softener: Xek's Nanocarbon Plate is quite acceptable epic substitution, but this would be my first pick of these items nevertheless.
    Zero G Combat Helm: There are better (minor token versions) Sprint, Team! helmets and better & cheaper Mimetic Crown helmets. Zero G is the only way to get them in the same package, but I don't think it's worth it.
    Malone's Hacking Module: Too unfocused to be any good.
    Quellic's Boots: Nice item, but quite luxury, since Kerrick's Steel Boots are almost identical, especially in SP.
    Xander's Mail: Also really nice. If you don't want to have a self-damage trait cycler in your armor (Perilous Ringmail & Spiked Tlahuiztli), then you have to ask, is it worth to upgrade from Dependable Mail to Xander's.

Sir Veza and Melancthon like this.
  6. Ector

Ector Hydra

These are NOT "acceptable", since you should rely on having Arrogant Armor in your hand. Three copies in your deck provide much better chance of getting it in time; with just two copies your warrior won't be stable enough.
    This can be said about weapons, armors, boots, everything. You pay for having slightly better items, and if every item is slightly better than its cheap alternative, the resulting deck is MUCH better. I would buy Eeygonnic's Shield, for instance.
    No they aren't "almost identical", even in SP! The armored boots are most important for the wizards, as they cannot wear armor or shields, and the wizards value Flanking Move much higher than Shuffle. If the enemy warrior (or a giant mob) is chasing your wizard, the prior card may be a lifesaver, while the latter is certain death.

7. Pawndawan

Yes. If you want to build around radiation / handicaps in MP, you should pick Bern's Untouchable Mail. If you want to have easier time in Secret of the Elder Mind those epic versions are quite ok.

True, but weapons and staves have 6 cards each and you can equip multiple arcane / divine items on a character. Usually legendary weapons / staves are more unique or consistent compared to lower rarity versions.

Not a single shield opens up a (competitive) deck archetype. I'm not saying there aren't any great legendary shields, but I would be quite happy with Underdog's Shield and would rather save the ~5,000 gold than buy Eeygonnic's Shield. If your budget or collection is bigger, by all means, by those shields.

Good luck with drawing the single Flanking Move from your deck when you desperately need it.

Again, Quellic's Boots is a nice item and Flanking Move is definitely better than Shuffle, but not worth the 2,000 gold difference in my opinion. There are many more essential items to buy before those boots.

Sir Veza, CT5 and Melancthon like this.
  8. Ector

Ector Hydra

I didn't know that some people play warriors at Secret of the Elder Mind :) No legendary is worth buying just for a single scenario.
    How about Bejeweled Shortsword then? :) Why to buy legendary weapons if you can just equip a pair of Bejeweleds and something else?
    This isn't true, or at least I don't agree with this. Bloodshield Of Xoc + two Laser Rapiers make a new archetype: a Disorienting warrior! With three Disorienting Blocks you can move your opponents regularly, as a reaction to their attacks.
    I bet you wouldn't be happy playing your shield against the burning wizards who would kill your warrior without triggering your Desperate Block :) Surging Shield Block could allow you to reach one wizard and kill him.
    Flanking Move is good every time I draw it, thanks. Even if it's used just to go first on the next round.
    If you consider the armored boots not very important to spend money on them, that's a different thing, and I can agree with that. But personally I found them very useful at least in SP to keep my wizards from dying by their own Firestorms :)

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey Ector, wanna

Rate My Halloween Store?

:)

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

To make it short: Before I thought I have more than enough gold for everything, now I am running low on gold. :D But that is because I bought every item.

Sentient_Toaster and Flaxative like this.
  11. Wocket

Wocket Orc Soldier

Flax's Halloween store is amazing, it has something called the Tastiest Staff. And a Black Bear Buckler. I'm not sure how, but they managed to fit four parries on it!

Sir Veza, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Challenge accepted! :) I am at work now, so please give me a day.

13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Dont need one, just buy everything in shop! :)

CT5 likes this.
  14. Pawndawan

15. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

I've got three legendaries of interest to me, but I bought a legendary last week and am short on gold, so don't expect to be able to afford more than one of these. Suggestions for which (if any) to splash out on please!

Korenchkin's Tactical Tunic
    The Tenderizer
    Huetotl's Firebrand

I play PvE pretty much exclusively, which I suspect is a point very strongly in favour of the robes, but the double mass frenzy on the firebrand seems pretty sweet for anything, and triple sundering strike would also have strong uses on certain modules.

Edit: Just spotted there's also a copy of Troll's Ire, which might make a very reasonable alternative to The Tenderizer, but at only two minor tokens...

And a copy of Giant Skeletal Arm which (HAHAHAH) I could (HAHAHAHAHAH!)... Hah, no, really! I could MHUAHAhahahahahahahahaa. Wheeze...

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'd grab either Troll's Ire or the Firebrand (though lots of people still prefer St. Olf's Fiery Pike). These would be quite handy if you ever opted to get into MP, but are useful in SP too.

I'm not the biggest fan of Korenchkin's Tactical Tunic, but that's your only option if you want to play an Adaptable wizard.

That being said though, all the items you listed are quite nice and worth having, so I guess go with the one(s) you're looking forward to put to good use the most.

As for my own week's worth of legendary goodies, I'm being given the option to buy another Mordecai's Staff of Magma (my 3rd) and The Strongarm (my 4th). Guess I'll skip the latter, as I think you rarely want one per warrior, if ever.

Fun fact: I had Troll's Ire (my first!) in randimar's last week, but I forgot to purchase it before the weekly reset :mad: Gladly the RNG pitied me enough that I found one upon opening my very first chest for the day :rolleyes:

Han Lee likes this.
  17. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I would definitly grab both. I am still waiting for my first Firebrand and it is way better than the St. Olf's Firey Pike, since you can spend the minor token then for Xlakas Sacred Bundle.

18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Well, I would buy all 4 items (maybe not the tenderizer, as I have it already). But he did say he'll very likely be able to only buy one ;)

19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

If I have to choose one, it would be Firebrand, since it can used it much more builds.

Bandreus likes this.
  20. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

As a SP, I have to disagree; St. Olf's Fiery Pike is more than good substitute, since you can use it in earlier adventures.
    For this same reason Troll's Ire is great for armor removal in adventures with only minor power tokens to spare.