What should/shouldn't be in Melvin's CH 101? Do we need a 201?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by slowreflex, Oct 6, 2015.

1. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

Was just skimming through it again today and noticed there are quite a few things missing and quite a few things "incorrect" and it's mostly rules and not strategy.

For example, the terrain section. Doesn't mention Lava, Blessed Ground, Radiated Ground, Healing Beacon, etc. Also says water is impassable and difficult terrain makes you stop, which isn't strictly true as you can fly or tp over them.

Doesn't talk about Free Move, Cantrip, and lots more.

However, I think you probably don't want to overload beginners with all of this. That being said, I think there is a need for a more advanced guide that delves into the intricacies a bit more and maybe talk about basic strategic/equipping techniques. I could have a go, but I've not been playing very long, so not sure how valuable that would be. Although I'm sure the community would provide some help if I publish a rough draft.

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Terrain attachments are covered in general in the Attachments section. They are fairly straightforward so going over them all individually is probably unnecessary. That said, keywords like Free Move and Cantrip should probably get a section or at least be available somewhere other than the forums.

P.S. Anyone looking for information should definitely check out Comprehensive Card Hunter FAQ and Glossary.

3. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

The problem with a FAQ and Glossary is that you tend to have to know what you are looking for.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

A guide to tell you what to look for in another guide. Brilliant! All kidding aside, if you wanted to start a more advanced guide I'm sure the community would be more than willing to pitch in.

Sir Veza and billiska like this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Fwiw, by rule water is impassable and difficult terrain does make you stop. Those things that get by these are exceptions and specifically are defined as exceptions in their keywords.