Savage denial, melee counter build.

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Jezterscap, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

With Darkblood glaive being in the daily deal I got round to thinking of another way to use savage curse other than to buff wizards.
    If used on your opponent it makes them discard when they attack , which limits the number of attacks they can play per round. Yes it will boost the damage you take , if you get hit that is!
    Running plenty of blocks and range 3 blocks from the priest will make you opponent waste 2 cards per attack to your 1 block. With parry you are getting 3-1!!!

[SRC] SithVampire
    Level 1 Elf Priest

[SRC] Flash
    Level 14 Elf Warrior

[SRC] Sonic
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

The warrior wepons are a bit gimmicky but really fun with loads of step bashes.
    Cedrics and xanders are probably not the most optimal but the harness synergize with savage curse so why not :)

Its a fun build so it wont see high rankings maybe 1500 if you don't encounter many mages , lots of the blocks will be dead.

There maybe options to branch out to a mage counter build with auto blocks and such but getting the priest into range 4 to savage curse would be tricky.

2. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Salt levels critical after using this build.
    relying on blocks is definitely not good for the soul lol.

3. Pyrogoth

Pyrogoth Mushroom Warrior

This looks awesome !
    Though it is terrible against wizards. May be you can replace one warrior with a wizard with staff of chask and a handfull of smoke bombs ?

4. billiska

billiska Ogre

I'm surprised to not see Force Fields.

Oh you want to get rid of my force fields? too bad, that will cost you an arm(or) and a leg(movements).

ParodyKnaveBob and FinalCheetah like this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Cushioning Armor is good, but Elven Maneuvers (and Martyr's Blessing) are only useful to a point. When you near that point, popping out a Force Field can allow you to use the attacks you've gained before you die.
    As always, timing is everything.

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  7. billiska

billiska Ogre

but if melee attackers doesn't melee you for 3 whole turns ... mission accomplished right?
    You might say the attacker will use those on your other characters without forcefield,
    but hey you got a character with 3 turns nimbus.

8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I'm not saying Force Field wouldn't be good. I'm just saying that unless I'm missing something, the whole point of the build is to get attacked as much as possible and rely on blocks to stay alive. Force Field, while great, doesn't facilitate that plan. Maybe you think I'm thinking too linearly and want Force Field as a plan B?

9. billiska

billiska Ogre

of course not, peon. I think cushioning armor is great too. We just came back to this old thread to add mentions about cards that could have been great in this 'savage denial melee counter build', right? Because obviously, parry is not the only card that goes with the idea of casting savage on opponents.