What brought you to CardHunter?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Sep 23, 2015.

?

What brought you to CardHunter?

1. Dont Remember

9.5%
  2. Kongregate

33.3%
  3. Steam

11.9%
  4. Friends

28.6%
  5. Social Sites

7.1%
  6. Top 10 list or similar

21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Not sure if a thread like this already exists but a question to all of you:
    What made you want to play CardHunter?
    I can add Additional Options to the poll if you came here because of another reason.
    I am sure a thread like this exists somewhere in these forums but I cant find it if so.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Blog post by a former co-worker of Jon.

Han Lee likes this.
  3. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Melvin was mentioned in a Game Informer top ten list as the #10 dork, it was love at first sight. (I wish I was making this up)

4. I used to write articles for a (now defunct) online CCG site and some of the people involved were considering covering the beta somehow. The premise hooked me like Dendi playing Pudge and the "delving through the official beta-key dumping thread" saga began

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Recommendation from Penny Arcade after they played it at PAX (I think). I joined during the beta.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Wow, I didn't know that. Melvin would be outraged (only #10?).

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

JayIsGames :p

WhiteSorcerer likes this.
  8. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

[2]

9. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

My brother asked me to write his submission to the beta keys reddit competition. Neither mine nor "his" were accepted, and I vowed to infiltrate the community and slowly destroy it in revenge for this slight.

Edit: My Card Hunter beta submission was also my first post on reddit. Good, now I have someone to blame for the delusional button worship incident.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  10. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

My girlfriend was playing it a couple of years back. I saw it and it was love at first sight due to my D&D and MtG background. She has since mostly stopped playing I believe.

11. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Jon phoned me and said "I have an idea for a game..."

12. Friend found the game when it came out on steam and I joined them.

13. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Post on Reddit. I tried to quit by burning my first account, but it was too late.

kustaa and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It was in university during a very interesting lecture. :D I was searching for something new and found this. The firestorms drifted me away, but when I checked out a year later, MP was so great, that I stayed.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  15. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

16. Pyrogoth

Pyrogoth Mushroom Warrior

It was from a blog post. Don't remember which one, sorry.

17. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Happened to click it on Kongregate. It was love at first sight.

18. hello world

hello world Hydra

Read of it in a forum tied to card games when it came out, started playing again after seeing it on steam

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

A friend did a passionate recommendation and send me a link to an early RockPaperShotgun Feature a few days later, emphasizing he rly wanted me to check CH out.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/17/wot-i-think-card-hunter/ (i joined around that date)
    The game matched my history with MtG, all kinds of turnbased strategy videogames and the Hero Quest boardgame.

Edit: I like this thread for his belated birthday celebration feel. Lets gather and share stories.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Christofff likes this.
  20. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Rock Paper Shotgun post about the beta. Game looked like it was made just for me so I tried the beta, liked it and then returned when the game launched.