Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Please tell me the # of minutes you played, thanks!

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I will do some testing over the weekend. Just a quick question here:

Is the process of generating the monster sets per dungeon truly random or randomized within a given code structure ? For instance, I saw my mauve manticore map in Magic Elves post. Based on my design then, the map's difficulty scaled with the number of mobs and the type of mobs (support + melee / ranged + melee). It would therefore help if the mob makeup had some form of loose structure to best allow for emergent tactics to surface. That does not mean we can't have all melee or all ranged mob sets, just that having some structure gives the designer a scaling control.

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

25 minutes for the first time. The second time 37 minutes, because there were many armors on my opponents. This time some laser gunners stopped me in the sixth map. The level 18 and above adventure opponents are hard to defeat.

4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I encountered also the bug, that no opponents were present.

5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Armor can be a problem. At the moment I have two warriors with piercing and slashing damage left against two groups of skeletons both with only bones. Not so funny. :p

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

43 minutes stage five again. Again arcon sling and the archers.

7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

25 minutes stage 6 died to adult wyverns and lightning imps.

8. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

17 minutes stage four slowed down from slimes and killed through range attacks.

9. Benhimself

Benhimself War Monkey

Test account: Benhimself

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

42 minutes stage 6 Bronze Golem (Draw 6 and hald the deck is thickend mail, really?:confused:) The other monster were also not bad. Guardians of Mortes, which had two Enchanted Mail in the end and Gnarled Maple Trees, which did tons of damage.

What I dislike are the dead cards in Obvious Maneuver, Counterspell, Cleansing Presence, ... beside the handicaps, which can be more than nasty. Who would dare to play fright in his deck?

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I think one of the major parts of balancing this will be testing out how monsters interact with a larger hand and in/out of groups. I recently got a solo rust monster on the opening level, which was a surprisingly deadly experience despite its smaller hand because it could use all of its attacks. The EttSC monsters are a bit of an issue, because almost all of them were designed with specific ways to beat them in mind. Drawing a narrow passageway of a map with two trolls barreling towards you with twice the normal moves is almost impossible to escape, if you have no fire attacks, purge, or warriors.

timeracers and 40c_rudy like this.
  12. I'd like an unlock as well. Same name. :)

13. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Four wins, 32 minutes.

Very fun and challenging thing you've got going on here!

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Should be unlocked for you now.

Good to hear =)

It's not a question of whether you would dare put those cards in a deck—it's a question of whether or not you can survive THE POWER OF CHAOS putting those cards in for you. ;)

Please, as requested earlier in this thread, screenshot this bug when you encounter it.

The monsters generated aren't "truly random." I have a few different 'sets' of monster groups that I have categorized in different ways (weak, strong, ranged, etc.) and different cavern nodes pull different numbers from those sets. It's not tied to the boards at all except for the first and last board. Your Die Hard! map could show up in the 2nd battle with 3 'weak' groups, or it could show up in the 9th map with stronger/more enemies. Most cavern nodes guarantee a mix of melee and ranged enemies.

Phaselock and Magic Elves like this.
  15. Fry

Fry Ogre

I'll take an unlock.

CitizenFry

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Done.

17. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

This morning's runs (1 hour 15 minutes playtime 12 wins):
    Try 1
    Beat the first two battles.

Try 2
    Beat the first 5 battles. Some hilarity from the 2nd map included below.
    I got a legendary treasure for beating this :)
    Screenshot from 2015-09-24 08:03:38.jpg

Try 3
    Beat the first 5 battles. Less hilarity than before but still fun.

timeracers and Flaxative like this.
  18. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

How do you know you've been playing Card Hunter too long? Well, back when the Test Server was brought up, I actually managed to do the whole Paypal shenanigans so I could buy hundreds upon hundreds of epic chests with infinite pizza and outfit my characters with some awesome swag. And yet, going back to the test server now, I find my party LESS well equipped than my actual party in the real Card Hunter server, and with less items.

I don't need an unlock, but I could use a level boost to 18.

Test Name - ClanCrusher

Edit - Oh right, there are cheats there now. Please disregard the last message.

Melancthon, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  19. Benhimself

Benhimself War Monkey

67 minutes (of casual play), 6 wins. Penultimate battle I really enjoyed boxing a goblin berserker in with acid and flash floods with two of the human fan-mages. Next time, Crown of Chaos!

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Would really love if you could somehow (for future runs) give me the # of minutes PER run, not total, thanks. :)