Yuber's PvP Boards

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Yuber, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Yuber

Yuber Kobold

Hey everyone! In this thread you can find my custom made Player Versus Player boards for Card Hunter. I have been asked why I make maps, and my simple answer is because I like it! Creation of every map begins with a basic idea and concept, and then they are tested and adjusted further to ensure they're fun to play and have balance to them.

Everyone is encouraged to try these out and submit any feedback and commentary they like! Please, enjoy! I am also submitting all my maps to the PvP board contest, hoping that at least some of them would at some point make their way to the rated rotation! Boy, wouldn't that be awesome.

A massive thank you to everyone who has helped testing the maps!

Molten Gauntlet
    Current version: 1.1 (Updated 21st of Sep 2015)
    • V 1.1 Changes: Cosmetic changes. Cleaning up of too much doodad clutter on the walls and the ground.

[​IMG]

Thorn Hatchery

Current version: 1.0

[​IMG]

Old River Dojo

[​IMG]

Lake Ruins

Current version: 1.1 (Updated 20th of Sep 2015)
    • V 1.1 Changes: Gave the pathways from the spawns to the VPs a path in the middle for changing sides and to increase route options in different situations. Moved the "difficult" ground clutter terrain on the pathways closer to the VPs and removed the "difficult" terrain areas next to the pillar in the middle. Additional cosmetic changes, like changing the direction of the ground doodads indicating the edges of the platforms.

[​IMG]

Hall of Honor

[​IMG]

The Wine Cellar

Current version: 1.1 (Updated 20th of Sep 2015)
    • V 1.1 Changes: Fixed east corner of the map which previously was asymmetrical.

[​IMG]

Necromancer's Heaven

[​IMG]

Campsite Scuffle

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Stexe, Wocket, billiska and 1 other person like this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Some of your maps are too big, but I like the details and think they would work good as PvP maps!

Stexe likes this.
  3. Yuber

Yuber Kobold

Some of them may appear big at first glance, like the Old River Dojo for example, but a lot of that board's outer areas are decorations, and the outdoors area is more of an escape route while people will want to focus on the VP area inside.

Hall of honor has some run distance too, but it's a race of who gets to the VPs first. There's chances to block the opposite team's path, but because of the mixed spawns there's also some elements of flanking and cornering going on, and getting to aid your separate characters in time.

Personally I've mostly felt the maps to be of appropriate size while playing them with people, but I recommend trying them out and see for yourself how they work!

4. BlackVoidDeath

Will do, not today though, I will try finding you in-game when I have time.
    Your game name is the same as here right?

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

molten gauntlet seems promising on various levels.

6. Yuber

Yuber Kobold

Yeah, same nick in the game! I think we had a match in your board with skeletons, zombies and some elf warriors?

Thanks! I just made some graphical updates to it today. It still needs a lot more playtesting for me to know if it requires some redesigning with object placement.

7. BlackVoidDeath

Did we? Wow I guess I didnt even notice your name.
    I will try finding you ingame then.

8. Yuber

Yuber Kobold

Added two new maps! Necromancer's Heaven and Campsite Scuffle!

Still looking for a lot more testing to the latest additions!

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

you blocked the pond on hall of honor? Debatable decision, that was the defining for the fighting there.

I do like the entry on necro heaven.