Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I've got a whole list of them :D I'd be more than happy to post them and why I rejected them/where I got stuck once AA#3 closes.

2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Really, I'd love to come up with an Arcane Item that has some sort of electric attack on it. A friend of mine and I were discussing how electric attacks are only on staff and skill (except for one armor that has a Short Spark.)
    With Fire and Acid located on Arcane Items and Staff, I'm curious to design an electric themed Arcane Item. It just didn't fit flavor of AA this month..

3. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Electrical attacks on arcane items would end up concentrating too much long range direct damage into a wizard I think.

The occasional spark, short spark or long spark would be fine I think but anything >3 damage would be risky balance wise.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Fry

Fry Ogre

I think it would be an interesting add to multiplayer. Pretty junky for campaign though, and since I mostly do campaign, I didn't make that item. :D

I'm happy to see Tsastii getting so much love. "Tongue and Cheek" is pretty funny.

Juxtapostion likes this.
  5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Oh, I wasn't meaning Powerful, Obliterating, etc. Short Spark on an Arcane Item wouldn't hurt, though, would it? Hmmm, 2x Short Spark, 1x Brain Burst, call it Brainstorm? :p

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Flaxative and Jarmo like this.
  7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Exactly what I was feeling for the staffs and weapons.

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

What counts as long-range?
    And according to that general rule, there should be no issue putting Jumpspark on arcane items then.

9. One idea I'd been mulling over was a heavy armor based on the curse idols and paired Ancient Statue with maybe Trip and Slowed -- the idea being that you were literally wearing a hollowed-out idol for protection, but that it was terribly awkward.

Ancient Statue is a modest 2-point armor (66% proc) that gives triple immunity (poison, electricity, fire) -- vs. Resistant Hide being a 1-point 50% proc that adds acid immunity. Wasn't sure quite what drawbacks would be both appropriate and playable, though.

A even sillier curse-themed idea that I'd considered was a divine item that combined Dastardly Curse, Traveling Curse and Savage Curse, heh. Ideally it would have resembled a miniature fencing foil...

10. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I accidentally put two monster cards on my item. Forgot Clumsy was a monster card, since I've had it on my character, via radiation. But I edited my item.

11. hello world

hello world Hydra

forced rotate is a massive drawback at least on par with cowardly or am I overvaluing how much destructive it is?

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Forced Rotate is a mandatory-play dead card, but I think discarding all your attacks from Cowardly is usually worse.

timeracers likes this.
  13. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yeah. Costing you a turn and possible priority is really bad, IMHO. At least you can try to build around Cowardly.

DunDunDun and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Cowardly usually forces you to discard between 0 and 3 attacks, and then replaces itself and cantrips. So it has a card disadvantage of 0-2, and no turn disadvantage. Forced Rotate is a dead draw, doesn't replace itself, and doesn't cantrip—so it always has a card disadvantage of 1 (Cowardly's average), but it also has a turn disadvantage.

I'd say Forced Rotate is, on average, worse than Cowardly.

And then, like Pawn said, you can try to build an attack-light deck if you're putting Cowardly in.

Pawndawan and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  15. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I thought of doing a robe called Mutant's Old Rags.

It would have Radioactive Pulse, Adaptable and Bludgeon.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But I thought it wouldn't win 'cause Radioactive Pulse is too powerful and maybe too priestly. And Radioactive Pulse and Adaptable seems undervalued.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  16. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

If you could think of a third card instead of bludgeon that works, for a mutant theme, and then made it a priest armor, I think that would work pretty well. I'd recommend something that bumps it up to either epic rarity or gold token cost (or both), just to keep with where Adaptable is usually found (Which is to say, on Legendary Gold Token Armors). You could definitely swap that Bludgeon (which doesn't appear on any mutants' decklist) for Lunging Bite (fuctionally identical to Lunging Thrust), or, if you wanted to theme it after Mutant Gunners specifically, have the third card be Violent Spin, which would bump it up to a gold token epic.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  17. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

I thought it was only 1 monster card per item, or am I misinterpreting the rules?

18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I think it should not be priest, right?

19. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I don't really consider Lunging Bite a monster card - its functionally identical to Lunging Thrust. Same damage, same damage type, same move, same range... they're the same card. I think @Vlamona was mentioning priest as an option because Radiation Damage seems to be a priest thing.

20. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@Inkfingers, considering the official announcement...

...we can conclude altogether (not just "technically") that Lunging Bite is most certainly a monster card -- although whether or not it's a more likely candidate than Radioactive Pulse might be iffy since it's a paper-quality step attack whereas Lunging Thrust is bronze.

Regards, $:^ J