[TOURNAMENT] All Out Attack #1

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Qivril, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Qivril

Qivril War Monkey

The Artifacts attacked and the first victim is this tournament.
    I will put this on ice and make a new date when the excitement cooled down.
    Until then we can enjoy fighting each others in the leagues.

http://challonge.com/CHAOA01

Participating and even watching tournaments were the more exciting aspects of Card Hunter so far and since the last one is two months ago i hope there are still enough interested players for a brutal slaughter.

This is the last chance to play with the original set of cards before Attack of the Artifacts arrives and since i don´t know if AOA#1 will still be going on after the expansion went life, i will limit the cards to the original set.

As the name of the tournament suggests, everything else is allowed, from multiple Vibrant Pain to spamming of Whirlwind Enemies.

This will be a single elimination tournament but each round will be best of three, so nobody can say that his enemy was just lucky.

Every round gets 3 different maps and you have to keep your deck for each map.

Before each round i will post the maps and you can use your deckbuilding skills to adjust to them.

Card Hunter is a global game, so i will not force you to play at a specific time. Just use the forum pm or the ingamechat to find a suitable date for the matches. From the quarter finals upwards you have to post the date and time here in the thread, even if you agreed in the chat because i want that interested spectators get a chance to watch.

I don´t know how this will work out, so i will give everyone one week to finish the first round.

Sign up starts now and ends Thursday at 23:59 UTC. The limit of players will be 32, if that many sign up before that, we will start the tournament immediately.

SPECIAL RULES

No Attack of the Artifacts cards

In this thread and/or http://challonge.com/CHAOA01

postponed

Maximum 32 players

PRIZES

For now only honor and glory
    Maybe if it goes well, Blue Manchu throws something at the winner

If you have more questions, send me a pm or write in this thread.

update:
    There was concern about the time limit, so i keep it at the regular 20 minutes and we will see how it goes.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Qivril

Qivril War Monkey

placeholder

3. Qivril

Qivril War Monkey

placeholder

4. Qivril

Qivril War Monkey

IGN: Qivril

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Are you going to be providing maps with your custom timers?
    And what're the maps going to be?

And will there be prizes?
    :cool:

6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

IGN: neoncat

7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

this is interesting, im in ign: Tuknir

8. IGN: Susurrus in Gloaming

Glad of a tournament that doesn't require me to be in front of the computer for several hours in one big chunk (The rugrats won't let me do that!).

9. Qivril

Qivril War Monkey

update

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, it looks interesting, but I don't think I'll be participating. I think I would if you allowed for sideboarding, but we can only adjust our decks to the maps? Eh. Good luck running it Q, and to all Sorcs participating, remember to divide your "honor and glory" equally amongst yourselves :p

11. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Seems like it would mostly just mimic the current standings in the game. I might be interested but I'll see how time permits.

12. Dakmor

Dakmor Mushroom Warrior

Not much time to sign up. But I'll throw my hat in it.

13. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Erm, so AotA goes live in ~24 hours. Maybe just put this on hold, given all the in-game launch events?

Flaxative likes this.