Sorcerery Staff

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Silvery Chalice only has a little bit of tin in it, the goblin jewelsmith assured me of this! It's still a bit like silver. Sorry, mostly silver, almost all of it really!

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

OMG, haven't you ever used one? It just feels so much sorcerery than other staffs. It positively oozes buckets of the stuff. Especially after a few brain burns.
    And maybe a hit or two off the Snobbit Pipe with the Kraktopus.

Where was I? Oh yeah, oh yeah, the lavender acid and the green acid are okay, regardless of smell, but DON'T TAKE THE BROWN ACID! It will make you hear sparks ping until your shiny ears* ring. For days and days. Then you won't be able to hear how a Helium Staff makes people sound like munchkins, which is a sad thing to miss, especially since it's even funnier with the Snobbit Pipe we still have handilily tucked in the preceding paragraph. (Handilily is like sorcerery, only different.)

*Shiny ears are another side effect of the brown acid which you really should NOT have taken, bro. The hypererinteresting hands are common to all acid colors, so feel free to watch yours for a few days. At night you can see them by the light from your shiny ears.

Dude, if you were an elf you could get a job in a lighthouse.

3. TeleExit

TeleExit Kobold

The legendary mispelled staff of Sorcercercercercercer...

Flaxative likes this.
  4. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Inkfingers, Accent, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

6 Sorcerous Blasts for 2 major tokens should be OK since we have Heartripper already.
    Or 6 Sorcerous Bolts for 2 minor tokens :)

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yep. 6 Brain Burns on a staff would be a bit much for even BM to perpetrate.

Accent and Flaxative like this.
  7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Trait cycling ftw! :D

Sir Veza, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If your deck is only Brain Burn you never take damage.

9. GerOge

GerOge Kobold

A sorcerer staff (or sorcerer's staff) would be either a staff that belongs to a sorcerer or a type of staff that could easily be pictured in the hands of a sorcerer.

A sorcery staff would be a magically imbued walking stick that can be activated to discharge spells, or as a direct aid in the casting of spells (like a source of energy or material component other than the caster or environs). Point being that the difference has to do with actual magic (instead of just appearances) and (usually, because magic probably conserves energy instead of creating/destroying it) either the staff itself or some power within being consumed with use.

A sorcerery staff might then be a staff that belongs to one who is themselves consumed by the staff while benefiting from its power, while the staff itself and the power within is preserved. Looked at this way, Brain Burn makes perfect sense as staff Hunger and the Unstable Bolts are just slightly less-famished staff Snacking. Don't get caught in the staff Pantry alone! Bring convenient targets.

timeracers, Pawndawan, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fantastic speculation. I take it you want to join? :)

11. GerOge

GerOge Kobold

Would love to. I'm a fan of courtesy and creative misspellings.

Does it concern folks, though, that the Sorcererers are so much larger than the other guilds? I hope this question doesn't seem ungrateful for the hypothetical invite, but the concern is the only reason I haven't asked to join in chat already.

Don't really know if it matters about guild size, either, because I don't really know what it's all about until I've participated. If my answer is unclear, that's because it's not completely clear to me... :D

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We don't care because, though it hurts our chances at winning pizza, we're all about fun and community.
    Other guilds don't care because we feed them points.

:D win-win!

Friend me in-game, and I'll do the same for you, and next time we're both on I can initiate you :D

13. MeevarTheMighty

MeevarTheMighty Orc Soldier

Is this the thread to discuss the Traveling?

Wiktionary gives the following:

Trave ‎(plural traves)

From Middle English, from Middle French trave, from Latin trabem, accusative of trabs ‎(“beam, thing made using beams”)
    1. (architecture) A crossbeam.
    2. (architecture) A section formed by crossbeams.

-ling

From Middle English-ling, from Old English -ling, from Proto-Germanic* -lingaz, a nominal suffix, probably composed of Proto-Germanic* -ilaz(agent/instrumental/diminutive suffix) + Proto-Germanic* -ingaz (patronymic suffix).
    1. A diminutive modifier of nouns having either the physical sense of "a younger, smaller or inferior version of what is denoted by the original noun", or the derived sense indicating possession of or connection with a quality, which may have the sense of "a follower or resident of what is denoted by the stem form".
    I feel like maybe the culprit has escaped attention because of some antiquated advice about whether or not one should be crossing this and that, but having entered practically modern times with the latest expansion, maybe someone has tried crossing the beams. Is there a way to give Arcane Beam cantrip and if so, upon crossing the beams, what will be summoned forth, a traveling or a fully grown trave? Can the curse be broken by wrenching the travelings from their planar nursery and destroying them or was it such a scheme that brought the unrelenting curses of the travelings upon Cardhuntria?

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It must be. The last poster did.

timeracers likes this.