Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

This is less of a suggestion and more of a place to post interesting item ideas from, "what if's" to "I dream of there being this item one day"

To understand item construction and to make posts that could be relevant (6x Obliterating Bludgeon weapon is completely irrelevant) the way item power and level are determined can be found here.

Here is an example:

Shish Kabob
    Lvl 18
    (majortoken)(majortoken)
    upload_2015-5-21_13-5-6.png upload_2015-5-21_13-5-6.png upload_2015-5-21_13-5-6.png upload_2015-5-21_13-5-6.png upload_2015-5-21_13-7-36.png upload_2015-5-21_13-7-36.png

Card color- Tar, Paper, Copper, Silver, Gold, Emerald, Amethyst
    Card Value- -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15
    Card Value total : 36
    Item Level- CVT/(#of cards/3) = 36/(6/3) = 36/2= 18

Power Tokens- none, (minortoken), (minortoken)(minortoken), (minortoken)(majortoken), (majortoken)(majortoken)
    CVT- 0, 9, 18, 27, 35
    CVT of 36 results in (majortoken)(majortoken)

Some items such as The Strongarm deviate from these rules. But for the most part items fall within the given parameters.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Strongarm doesn't deviate, it's 5 bronze cards (15 levels) and 1 black card (-3 levels) divided by 2, so 12/2 = 6. ;)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

4. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Level wise it does not but token wise should it not be a single (minortoken)? Or does the fact that it is lvl 6 make is tokenless by default?

5. Accent

Accent Hydra

WILD SPECULATION: Obliterating Bludgeon is returning in the expansion.

Also, for the original post (4x Impaling Stab, 2x Stab), wouldn't it be better to follow the example of Bloodchopper, and have one black card, and one bronze card? Even something as lousy as Ouch! is often preferable to Stab, because it cycles.

(And if that cycling turns up a high damage attack, as opposed to a vanilla 3 dmg ranged attack, so much the better)

Juxtapostion likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

6-card items (Weapons, Divine Weapons, and Staves) are tokenless from 1-6, (minortoken) from 7-8, (minortoken)(minortoken) from 9-12, (minortoken)(majortoken) from 13-17, (majortoken)(majortoken) from 18 up.
    3-card items are tokenless from 1-8, (minortoken) from 9-17, and (majortoken) from 18 and up.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The Staff of Smashing is actually an EttSC item.

8. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I agree with you. It was just an example. But, I figured that there is a reason there are no 4x Impaling stab items, and thought that 2 non cycling vanilla stabs was more reasonable.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  9. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Oh okay. Well what about Darune's Dagger ? It has a total of 12 but is level 7 and costs (minortoken). (my point being there is deviation)

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  10. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Some cards aren't just in increments of three levels. Penetrating Lunge isn't just a bronze card, but bronze+ meaning it's point value is 4 instead of 3. (2 Strong Hacks x 3[Bronze]) + (1 Backbiting Strike x -3[Tar]) + (3 Penetrating Lunge x 4[Bronze+]) = 6 + (-3) + 12 = 15, 15/2 = 7.5 rounded down to 7.

At least, I'm pretty sure this it it, not quite sure of the values of Backbiting Strike or Penetrating Lunge.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  11. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Thank you @Magic Elves. Are the +/- values for cards listed anywhere? That would be nice to know.

12. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

If they were, that would have saved me a lot of scouring the wiki and comparing the values of cards I already know to ones I don't. I might make a list on here sometime if they aren't public info.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here you go, everything the game knows about the cards:
    Cards.csv
    (you want the "Plus Minus" column)

14. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

@Kalin Sweet! Is there a way to organize it into actual columns? Like export it into Excel or something? (I am basically computer illiterate)
    Also, @Magic Elves Penetrating Lunge is indeed a +

15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Copy and paste into excel, then choose "Text to columns" and identify the comma as your delimeter. It'll magically be readable.

Killer74 and Juxtapostion like this.
  16. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Thanks!

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Here is a bunch of random items

Flanking Move(3), Parry(3), Weak Block(2)(Revised). Level 8, Human skill, Rare.
    Bloodied Block(3), Bloodied Block(3), Wounded Block(0). Level 6, Shield, Legendary.
    War Cry(3), Shuffle, Team!(3), Mail(1). Level 7, Helmet, uncommon.
    Dash, Team!(8), War Cry(3), War Cry(3). Level 14[​IMG] , Helmet, uncommon.
    Barbed Platemail(9), Barbed Platemail(9), Ill-fitting Armor(-3). Level 15[​IMG] , Heavy Armor, Uncommon.
    Heavy Armor(5), Heavy Armor(5), Heavy Armor(5). Level 15[​IMG] , Heavy Armor, Uncommon(3 of a kind).
    Scouting Run(2), Scouting Run(2), Scouting Run(2). Level 6, Elf Skill, Rare(3 of a kind).
    Flanking Move(3), Shifty Stab(2), Thick Hide Armor(3). Level 8, Boots, Rare.
    Consecrate Ground(9), Consecrate Ground(9), Minor Heal(0). Level 18[​IMG] , Divine Item, Uncommon.
    Help The Weak(3), Help The Weak(3), Armor Of Faith(0). Level 6, Divine Item, Uncommon.
    Consecrate Ground(9), Stone Feet(3), Stone Feet(3). Level 15[​IMG] , Divine Item, Uncommon.
    Acid Blast(4), Hot Spot(3), Stone Spikes(0). Level 7, Arcane Item, Rare.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    tolkien likes this.
  18. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Attached Files:

Killer74 and Magic Elves like this.
  19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

More items coming right up.

Surging Blast(8), Surging Blast(8), Sorcerous Blast(6), Defensiveness(-3), Absorbing Block(9), Absorbing Block(9). Level 18[​IMG] [​IMG] , Staff, Uncommon.
    Sorcerous Blast(6), Sorcerous Blast(6), Sorcerous Blast(6), Sorcerous Bolt(3), Missile Block(2), Missile Block(2). Level 12.5[​IMG] [​IMG] , Staff, Uncommon.
    Sorcerous Blast(6), Sorcerous Bolt(3), Sorcerous Bolt(3), Defensiveness(-3), Missile Block(2), Missile Block(2). Level 6.5, Staff, Uncommon.
    Acid Spray(6), Acid Spray(6), Magma Spray(1), Magma Spray(1), Force Bolt(-1), Force Bolt(-1). Level 6, Staff, Uncommon.
    Teleport Self(9), Dimensional Traveller(3), Dimensional Traveller(3). Level 15[​IMG] , Arcane Skill, Uncommon.
    Barge(6), Simple Bash(3), Force Cannon(3), Force Bolt(-1), Stone Spikes(0), Stone Spikes(0). Level 5.5, Staff, Epic.
    Vicious Thrust(6), Vicious Thrust(6), Vicious Thrust(6), Vicious Thrust(6), Vicious Thrust(6), Vicious Thrust(6). Level 18[​IMG] [​IMG] , Weapon, Epic(6 of a kind).
    Wall Of Fire(6), Wall Of Fire(6), Wall Of Fire(6). Level 18[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Uncommon.
    Winds Of War(9), Gusts Of War(9), Force Bolt(-1). Level 17[​IMG] , Arcane Item, Uncommon.
    Skip(1), Skip(1), Skip(1). Level 3, Boots, Rare.
    Jump Back(6), Jump Back(6), Dodge(3). Level 15[​IMG] , Boots, Rare.
    Sundering Strike(7), Unnerving Strike(6), Strong Hack(3), Strong Hack(3), Strong Bludgeon(3), Strong Bludgeon(3). Level 12.5[​IMG] [​IMG] , Weapon, Legendary.

Winds Of War(9), Gusts Of War(9), Cone Of Cold(6), Force Cone(3), Force Bolt(-1), Arcane Feedback(-3). Level 11.5[​IMG] [​IMG] , Staff, Rare.
    Glob Of Flame(6),Flame Jet(3),Burning Fingers(1),Ember Spray(-1),Dissolve Armor(3), Melt Armor(3). Level 7.5[​IMG] , Staff, Epic.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  20. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

This list is amazing considering it's pointing me to a bunch of cards I never knew existed! I've mocked up a couple of items with some nonplayer cards, but they probably aren't horrendously broken (except for the Poker).

Gambler's Shield: Perfect Block(15), Subtle Parry(1), Subtle Parry(1). Level 17 Shield, Epic. (but only because Perfect Block is uncommon, it would probably be made rare if it was player accessible. That would bump the rarity to Legendary.)

Piggot's Pointy Poker: Caltrops(12), Caltrops(12), Penetrating Bolt(6), Penetrating Bolt(6), Stone Spikes(0), Stone Spikes(0). Level 18 Staff, Rare. (but only because Caltrops is classified as common, it'd probably become a rare card if it was ever available to players. If that was the case,the item would be Epic.)

Pocket Bible: Word Of God(9), Thickened Mail (3), Lifesaving Block (4). Level 16 Divine Armor, Rare.