Purchasing question/what platform should I play on?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by LuaAstralia, Dec 7, 2018.

1. LuaAstralia

LuaAstralia Kobold

Firstly, the support forum looks pretty quiet. I apologize if maybe this isn't the right place to put this, but here we go anyway.

So I've fallen back into Card Hunter. I never played it very heavily but now I really am enjoying it. The problem I am having is I don't have a paypal, and would really like to plan on buying the expansions and any possible paid co-op content. I really don't want to get a paypal for a single transaction.

So my question then becomes about the other platforms, Steam and Kongregate, I guess. I know both of these places have their own transaction thing but I assume that maybe Blue Manchu has chosen not to use it.
    So, as far as I know, this game exists on Steam. I'm not big on steam, but if there is an automated storefront where I can use a debit card, I'm sold. Can I do that there?
    If not, what about Kong? I hate Kong even more because the side chat thing takes up so much real estate.

I'm old and run with a fairly old resolution and fairly tiny screen so any real estate I lose is a fuss.

Anyway, thank you very much for any input

2. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Steam is better than Kong on both fronts, the CH steam client is lighter and offers more playscreen than Kong via a browser.

I have my PayPal linked through Steam so can't answer the second part of the Q, but I will say that as problematic as PayPal is for sellers, it's pretty good for buyers. I've been using it for ten years with zero problems. But you can add funds directly from a card if you like: https://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/addfunds

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

I bought the expansions on Steam. But now I'm back to using my browser. It got hard for me to read the numbers on Steam (and I haven't found out how to zoom there). As for paypal and such shenanigans, I don't know. I got "free credit" using a promotion site. (where you watch adds or play games for points to be turned into credit) Took me about 3 months with no rush. Then I bought Steam-credit. And now I'm playing on Chrome. All without paypal or paying actual money. I'm not going to spam here, but if you PM me I could give you the website.