Obligatory Birthday Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Gingrich Yurr, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

No birthday threads so far? How was your birthday celebrations?

I was aiming for Gary and Karen, got Melvin and the Geomancer instead, but am happy about it because I didn't have much time to play this weekend. Campaign was kind of a disappointment, did about 30 adventures over 2 days, around half of them with co-op, and with club membership. Got 1 legendary total, and it was a Staff of the Misanthrope of all things. Funny thing is, it didn't even come from the end chest, but rather a regular old chest halfway through the adventure. But hey, I really enjoyed the celebrations, and the extra pizza from the leagues was a nice touch too.

orian34, Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  2. Aak

Aak Kobold

I did all adventures over 1 day, got 5 legendaries... without club member****p.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  3. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I managed to grab all four figures which was great, the pizza was a nice surprise as well and I think I got about 200 slices. Best was when I ended up in a three way tie for 1st, we all got to 1 win and 6 on the tie-breaker, and then no-one played another match. But then I think I got less pizza than normal? Not sure what the the rewards were for each place in for leagues in the end and how ties were handled. If anyone knows fill me in! I think i got a 4th place at one point and ended up with 2 wooden chests (1 random item each???).
    SP was ok, I managed to get in a decent amount of farming with a predictable amount of legendaries, but nothing of note, plus about 6000 gold in total including legendary treasures.

orian34 and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  4. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

It was really fun! THe first day I managed to get 3 figures and missed gary by a few stars, but managed to do a tie on the second day, so I got all four. In the end, I think I managed to get a little under 300 pizza in total.
    As for new items, I think I got around 30+ new legendaries, including 2 new treasures(never sell a new item, never!). And a good number of epics too. I was able to buy 5 legendaires as well, and saved the rest of the gold obtained.
    So yeah, it was quite the bountiful harvest! Despite being so tired the third day I couldn't even do half the map.

tolkien and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Seeing names of players long absent again appear on the board was great!
    As to play: Hopes were high, RNG was cold.
    Still, it was a fun binge. :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

No playing here, but then I had the 4 figs already.

If I'm a betting man, someone didn't realize the last time these figs were available prizes included pizza too (for those who already had the fig? Can't remember precisely). So it was probably a happy accident! @mckeen iirc, pizza way back when was split if there was a tie for first.

7. hwango

hwango Hydra

I was ready and waiting when the celebration started - where I am that was 8:00 PM on Thursday. Then I played Card Hunter almost continuously for about 9 hours, which was slightly insane, but mostly fun. Clash of Geomancy was mostly scheduled for while I was asleep, at work, or otherwise busy, but I managed to squeeze in one try at it very early Sunday morning. Alas, I didn't have much luck. I (only half jokingly) complained to my round 4 opponent that everyone I played in Clash had a rating above 1500. I did better with the other leagues, however, and managed to win Gary, Karen, and Melvin. A couple of second-place finishes brought the pizza total up to 200. Campaigning yielded over 3000 Gold and 6 Legendary items. A good time as always.

8. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

I got my last Rare item. Though from Randimar, not an adventure. I managed to get 3 figurines, lacking Karen due to bad planning. I tied for first place twice, giving me 37 pizza (twice). Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I was really happy I got enough pizza to buy my EttSC expansion, however had my pizza been rounded up to 38 I'd have the CM expansion too. All in all I had a good party. Happy birthday CardHunter.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  9. DARK MAGIC

DARK MAGIC War Monkey

Sad, only got one figure and it was the worst out of the four.

10. Got shafted with the loot fairy RNG, not a single legendary in over 80+ runs.

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I let my boys play twice their usual screen time. One son lost to @ParodyKnaveBob in league because I was coaching him to pass for turn order...then he drew traveling curse and died and lost. Good game.
    I was behind on sermon prep and so didn't really get to do anything myself but...Happy Birthday CH. We enjoy having you around.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Fun all around. $:^ J Thank you, Blue Manchu!!!

Like @Sir Veza, I was glad to see so many old face names online and even duking it out. $:^ J

I got Club but never won anything over epic in the campaign runs. Unrelated, but I also somehow wound up only in low and mid-level adventures. (Also, tried one run at Metallic Monstrosity with my tried-and-true elf wizard, but my experienced teammate wasn't experienced on that adventure (and maaaaaybe wasn't experienced playing with elf wizards?), and we wound up game-over-ing on the second battle and missing the Sunday night fairy deadline. Heheh, oh well.) Still, lots of nice co-op'ing. If anything, I got much more out of PvP: a couple legendary items from chests, enough gold for some 3-4 extra items from Randimar, and an interesting tale of character costumes...

First league I got to try was for Melvin. I'm normally decent at Artifact Anarchy, but I was soooooooooo rusty after a year or more of not playing it, I lost pretty badly. $:^ }

Second league I got to try was for Karen. Yay, elf wizards! lol Well, I pulled up my recent Chess Madness party that was doing all right, won a match nicely, (can't recall if I lost any getting there,) tied with someone else, and had a second place in our pod, too... My computer was having serious issues with CH freezing, thus I decided to reboot, at which time I learned I had updates, too. Okay. Too bad I was tired and fell asleep while it updated. Can't play more while asleep. $;^ } Woke up the next day to find second place had rocked it forward, bumping us to tie for second.

At some point, I got to try again for Karen. I had only a few short minutes to enter, and hoo boy, everyone in World Chat was in on it, calling out for ppl to enter league while my seconds ticked down! Lol! $X^ D And I got in! Thanks again, everybody! $:^ D However... $8^ , My pod had some solid players going on. I lost one, I don't recall about two... And before I could play my fourth, overtime set in. ~exhale~

Meanwhile, throughout the weekend, I picked up Gary and the Geomancer on my first tries and Melvin on my next. Very nice, very nice. Also, yaaaaay pizza. $:^ b That was indeed a lovely surprise from BM!

One last try for Karen. I had a disappointed podmate watching my last game or so on that one. $;^ J Sorry! But, y'know, elf wizard. Lol. I won! I got her. $:^ D

Also, there was this one increasingly tight match on Chess Madness where my opp and I were really low on health, and my opp even kept initiative for the next round, eep… when on the new round, he suddenly drew my Traveling Curse and uh...

orian34, Sir Veza, DARK MAGIC and 2 others like this.
  13. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I CAME BACK ON THE 18TH

I MISSED LAST YEAR'S EVENT TOO

FUUU-------