FAQ and Glossary - Questions, Comments, Suggestions and Corrections

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scarponi, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well this is just the simple logical extension of the fact that GMT/UTC does not change for daylight savings time, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to add the disclaimer.

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Uh, just read through almost all of these 6 pages. At least everything that has something to do with ranked MP games. Didn't find anything new I think :p
    Is it supposed to be in place of the old "gotcha" thread?
    The only (tiny) mistake I found was that Ctrl+click shows LoS for opponents only. Good to know when playing illusionary terrain.
    Things you might consider adding:
    Casting Instant Burn on someone who already has Instant Burn from the same character attached, won't trigger the previous Instant Burn.
    When reshuffling a deck, cards that have left attachment(s) to someone, are not shuffled in (haven't tested it myself but people were talking about it a lot when QD was new).
    Free Draw could be linked/mentioned under Draw Limit.
    Also it should be noted there that Elven Maneuvers and Pathfinding won't spend more than 1 of the draw limit.
    This one is actually readable from the card, but I had never thought about it before: When playing Demonic Power into Raging Strike, priest recieves 6 not 3 unpreventable damage.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks for the thoughts! As far as "new," probably the most useful thing for extremely veteran players is the "Anatomy of an Attack" as the order of operations there explain why a lot of things function the way they do.
    Not particularly, it was just something that was needed that I took upon myself. I did look through the "gotcha" thread and everything in there is answered, at least implicitly, somewhere in the FAQ.

As far as the "mistake"...
    The feature is actually neither for yourself or your opponent, it's essentially shows a "3rd party" view. This is why I left it impersonal in the statement, those squares that offer LoS...

Already covered:

I'm not sure I understand the bold part of your statement.
    Good call.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I assume he means "cards that are still attached to someone".

And in searching for the threads discussing this, I found a post from you:

5. Lord Feleran

I meant that some cards can leave mutiple copies of itself and sometimes only with the keyword "copy". Not sure about them, but I think they still don't go back to deck yet.
    And I cannot read from here:
    "Instant Burnwill not trigger itself when cast, but will trigger other copies of Instant Burnon other characters."
    that 2nd Instant Burn won't trigger the 1st one. It says that 2nd won't trigger the 2nd one.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

So this?:
    Well a 2nd Instant Burn will trigger a first one on other characters other than the target character.

7. Lord Feleran

It's mostly nagging, but just because "not A" -> B, doesn't mean that A -> "not B" although most people would understand correctly anyway.
    If something happens with other characters, it doesn't mean that it won't happen with that one that isn't "other".

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Alright, you've successfully appealed to my math/logic sentiments - I'll add something to clarify :).

Was the line on attachments what you were looking for in that case?

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Added clarifying language for this as well.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Start of Round Effects:
    Should you explain the order they resolve in?

This could be a little clearer... maybe replace first two sentences with:
    "These cards do not directly target characters but instead target a tile on the board (linear and burst attacks) or a direction (cone attacks)."

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I thought about it, but the order is explained in the post linked by the words "terrain attachments." The explanation is too long to put in to a post that isn't specifically about order, but more what defines "start of round effects." I also don't explain all the details of order for cards in hand or character attachments, which are explained elsewhere.

I don't know that it's appropriate to say that cone attacks target a direction, but I'll try to clean up the wording.

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I suggest adding a section about item rarity. Use the guide below.

The rarity of items has a not too simple formula.
    The rarity of 3-card items are as follows:
    3 rares makes a legendary
    2 rares makes an epic
    1 rare makes a rare
    2 (or more) uncommons makes an uncommon
    3 of a card makes it a rarity higher than the card's rarity
    Else it is a common

The rarity of 6-card items are as follows:
    5 (or more) rares makes a legendary
    3 rares makes an epic
    1 rare makes a rare
    3 uncommons makes an uncommon
    6 of a card makes it two rarities higher than the card's rarity
    4 of a card makes it a rarity higher than the card's rarity except if it is a rare card which then makes it a legendary (instead of an epic)
    Else it is a common

(Obviously if the item meets multiple conditions then it is the highest rarity of the conditions met)

Xayrn and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

IDK, this has nothing to do with how the game plays. (It just describes some guidelines used by the developers.) *shrug*

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yeah, let's not confuse the design of the game and the playing of the game. This is not an item design guide as far as I know.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Item design gets a lot of discussion and, dare I say it, frequently asked questions. I think it would be good to have an organized thread on the subject, either as part of the FAQ, or with a link in the FAQ. I'd do it myself, but I'm disorganized, unmotivated, and really haven't been paying attention. I suspect most of the info is already posted, and it would probably just take a bit of tidying up, linking, and closing to further replies. Is @Kalin a moderator yet? I'm sure Scarponi could make a good job of it if he's so inclined.

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Updated the FAQ with new breaking EttSC expansion info!

Specifically, made an addition to this post.

17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

FAQ News:

Just fyi, I'll be importing EttSC related entries (and editing some existing entries) starting now. I have most of them already written so it shouldn't take too long. But it still might be a bit spread out depending on my availability the next couple days. I'll post again when all the updates are done. After that anything you're looking for that you can't find, let me know.

Edit: They're done!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Updated 20+ existing posts with mostly minor changes to get them up-to-date with changes from the expansion. If you're desperately bored and wanting to know what changed, look for the posts with the most recent edit dates (though some only had links added/changed). Next step, new entries...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Pawndawan, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Updated with about 25-30 new entries. New entries start at the end of page 6 and continue from there. There are a few old entries mixed in just because of how I imported the new ones. EttSC card wiki links will not work until the wiki updates. At this point all planned EttSC entries are in, if you come across something you think needs to be added let me know.

Pawndawan, Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Questions I've been hearing a lot:
    How do I get a password for my account?
    How do I change figures? (already in the FAQ)