Bill's rad bomb+leadership+vampire

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by billiska, Nov 1, 2015.

1. billiska

billiska Ogre

(A better name for the deck is welcomed, this is just the name I saved the deck with)
    Ok, this deck have been taking me to 1800 consistently. I think the deck is far from perfect yet, so I wasn't going to post it however ...
    So here it is:

Take 2 of the following:
    Rad vampires
    Level 1 Human Priest

And the last party member:
    Mr Blenko
    Level 18 Human Priest
    Knife Of St. Blenko
    Knife Of St. Blenko
    Stargod's Raiments
    Aegis Of The Defender
    Hawkwind's Moccasins
    Skull Of Savage Iljin
    Tome Of The Withering Source
    Skull Of Savage Iljin
    Advanced Flexibility
    Advanced Piety

1 x Bless
    2 x Demonic Revenge
    4 x Spear Of Darkness
    2 x Altruism
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Slowed
    2 x Dangerous Maneuver
    4 x Penetrating Lunge
    1 x Greater Heal
    2 x Leadership
    6 x Inspiring Presence
    1 x Enervating Touch
    2 x Defender's Block
    4 x Savage Curse
    1 x Escaping Run
    1 x Cushioning Armor
    1 x Unholy Wellspring

Strength:
    • It's like fireball mages, with more heal, more draw, more blocks and more melee. (but less position control)
    • unlike fireballs, rad bomb stacks attachments onto enemies and help push enemies' buffs away.
    • You can choose the distance to fight. If you are staying far, leadership away all vampire attacks. If you are staying close, leadership away unholy energy, inspiring presense and rad bomb. (well, if you can't help it because warriors are in your face.)

Weakness:

• Smokebomb+parry deck. priests don't have much extra movement so I can hardly position myself to avoid parry. (except Mr Blenko). To make matter worst, using vampire attacks with savage curse means I really can't afford to miss.
    • Zero armor discard. And with cushioning armor around, it's not just a matter of buffing attacks over armor. Just a tiny bit of relief against heavy armor comes from Penetrating Lunge and Frenzy Aura.
    Variations:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Abbus, Happenstance, Wocket and 6 others like this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Okay, let's count radcannons.
    Edit, five weeks later: 2
    Edit, 5 months later: 3

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Vampire Hunter D and billiska like this.
  3. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

You forgot to mention that your bomb can make bombs that you can detonate with another bomb and essentially wreck nuclear havoc as another strength :)

4. At least I'm only 12 legendaries away!

Wandere, Janet and Han Lee like this.
  5. really nice deck

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well, I'm brave enough to say I don't like it :) The number of vampiric attacks on both rad priests is too low to justify vampirism, and the total movement is minimal. This deck has tons of card draws and healing, but will still lose to the concentrated attack on Mr.Blenko - after all, human priests have only 25 health. Two warriors will easily dispatch him in one turn, especially with smokebombs. Then the healing and card draw on the rest clerics will be insufficient to survive the fight.
    But I should say thanks for this deck, as it finally demonstrates the importance of Arrogant Armor :) You have almost no chances versus two warriors in Bern's Untouchable Mails + one wizard with many Cone Of Cold. The Cone slows your team from 3 movement to 1, and the warriors easily kill your priests one by one.

7. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Eh... Sure this team loses to smoke, but how many players actually run smoke these days. Arrogant armor too. I'm pretty sure billiska hit 1800 with this build last season.

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

I don't question his words. I've wanted to say that it's just an anti-metagame party. And it's really good that such things exist... but it's bad that one needs so many Legendaries to build them :)

9. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

He mentioned that:
    In my opinion these can easily be fixed with a control wizard. Allthough Smoke Bombs will be tough, but what can you do?

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Priests can do something about anything, in this case cleanse.

11. billiska

billiska Ogre

Yes, there was a condition in the Halloween map rotation (Necromancer's Heaven, Haunted Graveyard, Dungeon of Decay) that makes this deck devastating: teams starts together and the victory points are also grouped together. This makes burst 2 really gets the value of its shots. Especially in Dungeon of Decay. The current maps needs different strategy that's why you don't see me playing this rad bomb deck currently.

The vampire attacks are like bayonet. I shoot people as a preference. However, if you're tired of being shot at, you can come close and get a cantrip finish as well.
    Btw, did you notice that there are as many rad bombs as there are vampire attacks on the rad vampire?
    And considering that I usually get enough rad bomb to win without getting close, the number of vampire attack is by no means small.

Most of the time I'll even leadership the default movement away for extra cards. There is no need to rush to victory point just like when you are playing wizard.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Undead Grenadiers/ Cannoneers?
    Radiating Drain?
    Leak of Legends?

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Blenko's Vamp Cannons?
    Bill's Rad Vamps?
    Billiska's Radioactive Armada Featuring Mr Blenko and Herman Menderchuk?

14. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Vampires of Einstein and Mr. Blenko?

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Bill & Rad's Legendary Adventure?

Magic Elves likes this.
  16. Ector

Ector Hydra

It's a pity that so non-traditional party needs a special map to be effective.

I completely understand that vampire attacks are secondary, but you spend a skill (and a token) just for 6 attacks in a deck.

The wizards regularly need to run away from the warriors, and your priests too.

17. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

I can't even count the number of legendaries I miss to build this deck... at least, I discovered the "cursed redcannon", and I definitively want 2 of them! :p

billiska likes this.
  18. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Intercontinental Bill-listic Missiles?