[Wild speculation] So what's your definition of "very cool things"?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Have you told @Ben_Lee yet that he has to make two additional versions of every PC skin?

You'll really need a team chat window then, and do something to make it harder to accidentally say something in the wrong chat.

2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I've played enough MMOs that being griefed by your own team can be worse than losing. I haven't really had it happen to me all that often but I've seen people just be jerks the whole time. Of course, they can do that whether or not they can see the cards or not. But seeing the cards gives them more ammo. This is in a pick up group full of strangers, of course. If I'm playing with friends I don't care what we can see of each other's cards.

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The character skins themselves aren't that important. I was rather talking about the players hands. In the previous pic, I can't possibly tell which character is controlled by which player/client.

Ofc I'm not criticizing the current prototype build (which, btw, was put together in four days only!), but rather commenting some interesting, although subtle, design issues with making co-op as usable as possible.

4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Does it have to be 5 different people? Or will I be able to bring 2 members and my buddy bring 3? Or any other variation of players up to 5...

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

(Should we have a separate thread for all these posts about co-op?)

What's the turn order?
    A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B1, ...
    or
    A1, B1, A2, B2, ...

20 minute timer for each player? Note that 200 minutes is more than 3 hours.

Are we keeping the same rules for who goes first next round? With the second turn order a player can waste a card to shift initiative towards an ally.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

(Sure, we can have a co-op speculation thread if there's more stuff worth discussing)

And I would guess turn order would be A1, B1, A2, B2, ... After all, that's the general rule in both SP and MP, I don't see why co-op would need to break it.

PvE co-op wouldn't have a timer ofc. When it comes to PvP multiplayer matches (with more that 1 player per side) I'd say each person should have it's own, shorter timer. I.e. it looks like about 7 minutes per player in a 3v3 match might be a good starting point (cause you know, 7 times 3 = 21 minutes of clock time per opposing side).

Overall, if the turn-order is fixed, I'd say co-op matches (both PvP and PvE) shouldn't end up being significantly slower than what we're used to now (because each player only need to care about his own char). It remains to be seen if a fixed order of action can be abused in unforeseen and harmful ways (like Kalin is wisely pointing at).

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I'd prefer an entire team sharing a 20 min timer. This keeps the infra/codes same, reduces confusion to players and gameplay is maintained. 5v5 is a little extreme tho and the likelihood of d/c vs game completions might become an issue.

hatchhermit and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

If he can't think of more visuals, here are some helpful suggestions:

Plaid
    Bumblebee
    Tie-Dye
    Indie *
    Jackson Pollock
    Obscured By Lens Flare

Also, I tried making a co-op thread, but I didn't title it "co-op" so it probably doesn't count.

* "Indie" refers to that recent spate of games with a silhouette visual. Limbo was the one that looked good; others just had silhouettes for no reason. Then I heard tell of some other game with various skin options including one called "Indie" that was, simply, silhouettes. It made a point.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

10. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

@LARGE!

Pengw1n, Vakaz and Squidy like this.
  11. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I think I am more excited for the upcoming balance changes than I was for AotA... :eek:

*ducks*

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

13. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

May you develop the subject "Shop Balance" please?

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Vein drinkers... seems like the Vampire starter is becoming reality then?

Flaxative likes this.
  16. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

18. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

19. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

It most certainly will make it easier to sell excess manually.

20. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Prolly just tells you that you have 17 of that arcan item so you can sell 5. Still, a step in the right direction.