[Wild speculation] So what's your definition of "very cool things"?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

@Manb0t - First pass at Monkey Magic league.
    @Manb0t - First pass at Astral Guardians league.

So, I guess that tells us what kind of new preconstructed leagues we might see in the future. Some of the most loved/hated monsters make for interesting games!

Flaxative and Squidy like this.
  2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

So long as the monkeys get BACK the cards that were removed to make them less onerous in the campaign. As I recall, they were given a weaker attack card to reduce the sheer amount of moving-the-player-and-then-stealing-or-stabbing-in-the-back.

I'd compare it to the Geomancy league: there you have a little fun with moving your opponents and a lot of fun with shuffling cards-on-the-ground. If you could face monkeys in a fair fight, it would be more fun with moving your opponents and a change to shuffling cards-in-hand. It would be delicious chaos.

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Pretty sure they're intending to get it on Steam - official information about it (and when) nonwithstanding. Jason has been doing a lot of client work commits lately (he did for a potential tablet version earlier as well, but guess that didn't pan out in the end).

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Uh oh, looks like someone left a demon portal open...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

slots2.png

Bandreus and neoncat like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Bandreus and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ahhhhh there hasn't been a substantial commit message in about a week, I'm in Rudolpho withdrawal...

9. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I think you're going to like my next one.

neoncat and Flaxative like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I won't like it if I have to wait 8 months.
    (Impatience is the sincerest expression of enthusiasm, right?)

neoncat likes this.
  11. Farbs

Haha. I've check it in, but it's still not really playable. I need to wrangle the game into understanding and respecting whose turn it is under all sorts of difference circumstances. Starting on that now...

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Don't you love it when the players rush you? :p

p.s. You were right, as you knew you'd be. I like this message very much :)

Bandreus and Pengw1n like this.
  13. Farbs

I had a beautiful dream last night.
    I dreamt of 10 players shoulder to shoulder on a battlefield, in a 5v5 exhibition match.

Let's see if we can make that happen :D

EDIT: Here's what it would look like if five of those people played on one computer, and the other team was a dragon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Here's a larger pic

[​IMG]

Farbs likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

@Farbs, if you show the cards of the co-op partners to each other, at least one of them will try to play the game as solitaire and starts telling everyone else what and when to play. This is a common problem with co-op board games with no hidden information. I'm pretty sure it's better to hide all other cards than your own to mitigate the problem. It also forces the players to communicate if they want to coordinate their tactics, which is a good thing. Co-op should be about communicating and coordinating while the besserwissers are kept at bay.

I realise you probably know all this and that this is work in progress, just throwing this out there.

Farbs, hatchhermit and Bandreus like this.
  16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Do you mean 10 chars or 10 players... as 10 players = 30 chars on the board... a trifle too much for co-op ?

If the intention is to re-create the identical setup as the tabletop version, then showing cards to allies is the norm. Screen real-estate wise, a button to cycle and see the partner's hand would be great. Chat needs a team channel and an audio for teamspeak trigger, yada yada yada. I'm curious about what spectators should see ... perhaps a minimized 6 char version of each team ? Also curious about the rules...will it be like THG in mtg ? or a self/enemy/ally/enemy turn version.... hmm

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I strongly suspect he meant 10 players, controlling 1 character each.

18. Farbs

Yep, that. Something cool happens when you have only one character. I stop asking other players to heal my wizard (if I had a wizard and a warrior), and start asking them to heal me. Suddenly the game gets a lot more personal.

Besserwissers will be an interesting problem. Card hiding might be useful, I'm not sure. We'll have to feel our way along with that I think.

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I think the UI issue is much more relevant than the information-hiding aspect. I'd prefer if my own char portrait (and cards) where normal size, while my party mates were all smaller. That would both lessen the real-estate problem, which would also avoid any headache when multiple characters have the same skin.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Hiding the other players' cards makes it clear which character is yours no matter the other formatting decisions.