[Utility] Item Browser

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jayce, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

A while ago, I'd started messing around with a little program to visualise some of the game data, and to give me an excuse to explore some techniques/technologies. It's very rough, and I have a heap of things I want to add/polish, but I think it's in a state where some people may get some benefit from it, so I'm going to deposit it here and let you fine people see what you make of it thus far.

Its current main function is to browse through the Card Hunter items, and present the data to you, along with the cards attached. That's it, nothing too fancy =D

It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

There are only the following tabs thus far:

"Item Browser" - Lets you view items (above).
    "Configuration" - Where you locally download the image assets (If you want them - they aren't included).
    "Basic Logging" - Where Errors are recorded (in theory).
    "About" - Information.
    "Card Maximiser" - An ugly front end on a few functions written to populate the Extreme builds page on the wiki: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Extreme_Builds - The wiki presents things far more nicely, but it's something you can play with at the very least.

Disclaimer:
    This is entirely unofficial - All game content is copyright Blue Manchu Pty Ltd.

Requirements:
    The UI is written in WPF, and compiled against the .NET 4.5 framework. If that grossly upsets anyone, I can probably compile it against an earlier version, but I'm my intention is to be testing newer language features ^_^

Installation:
    At the moment, unzip it somewhere, and run the CardHunter.Browser.exe
    Optional: Download the latest Equipment/Card data files using the Configuration tab.

When I polish the code up some more, I'll probably whack it into a public github repo, if anyone is interested.

As always, if you're downloading files from the internet, you should virus scan them, and check it's not an evil program "Steelin yor datas".

I've got a bit list of things to do with it (more item info, effective armour, damage etc.), but the main reason for releasing it was to see what people might actually benefit from the most, it might guide my priorities. My next port of call was to add a card browser, and neaten up those graphics somewhat.

Any Feedback welcome. Cheers!

GitHub Source: Here

V0.2 update (notable things):
    Magnify cards on Mouseover in Item Browser.
    Added Card Browsing tab.
    Additional Card styling.

V0.3 update:
    Additional card styling - closer to game appearance.

V0.4 update:
    Performance fix for mismatched card image (eliminates item/card switching lag once images have been cached).
    Added a "Wall of Cards" view mode to the card browser.
    Fixed a few niggling errors.

V0.5 update:
    Included "Text" field in the card filter.

V0.6 update:
    Fixed a whole bunch of cards that had niggling icon errors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. illkkill

illkkill Mushroom Warrior

nice work!!!! A little bit laggy maybe because of the data size though!! I like it a lot!

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

The idea is great, but why are you showing the fluff texts instead of the card texts?

4. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Ta, it might be a tag laggy initially whilst the images are loaded (that happens the first time an image is viewed, after startup) that said, it might be an entirely different reason, I'll stick it on a VM and have a look.

On the card front, I'd added them as an afterthought, so they don't really display card info in a useful fashion, my intention is to update those this weekend; I've already tacked on the browser bit for cards, but it's not much use without the correct info =D)

Ta for trying it out ^_^

5. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Didn't manage to correctly style all the card information (there are probably a few text issues and definitely a few colour issues about, not to mention the lack of correct symbols), but the card views should now contain more useful information.

Also, you can mouse over the cards in the Item browser, and get a magnified view of the card.

Still a long way from polished, but the additions make it a bit more useful, so I've updated the initial post with the newer version.

Cheers.

6. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Minor update, had a chance to tart up the card construction and fix a few issues; I think most cards appear correctly now (and are a little closer to the in-game appearance).

[​IMG]

illkkill likes this.
  7. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Squeezed in another minor update. Fixed a few performance issues and tidied a few things up behind the scenes. Also had a chance to throw together an alternative view for the card browsing tab:

[​IMG]

8. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Really nice work :)
    Now I just have to teach my Windows 8.1 that your tool is not evil.
    Smart Screen hinders it to be opened even when I run it as an administrator ^^*

9. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Ooh, I haven't got Windows 8.1 to hand, so I'm not sure about Smart Screen; as a policy, it's probably good thing, you never know where the internet's been :p

10. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

That's true ^^
    But I consider my fellow Card Hunters as friends not foes on first sight ;)

So my PC should just believe in me.

Jayce likes this.
  11. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Small update, there were a few cards that didn't behave/look quite as they did in game, so I've polished those up.

Since I don't have a great deal of time to spare on this, I thought I'd put some effort into making some of the code a little more legible (there's still stuff I'd like to add, but I'm not sure when I'll get the chance), and throwing the source up in case it was of interest to anyone. It can be found on GitHub.

Enjoy =D

Sir Veza, Bandreus and neoncat like this.
  12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for your efforts, Jayce! It's a cool app!

Jayce likes this.
  13. neoe

neoe Kobold

I get an error when start the program.

Attached Files:

14. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Hey, I haven't looked at this for a good long while, but I wasn't quite able to see what you're seeing. I have a feeling it's likely to be an assembly related problem, are you running .NET framework 4.5 or later?

If you are all up to date, nudge me again and I'll see if I can track down your issue. Ta!