[Suggestion] Have one rare item per day in common shops

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Magic Elves, May 13, 2016.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

It's always nice to let people have more access to items, plus it gives people an actual incentive to check the common shops outside of low rarity AA items coming out recently.

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Shout out to @snickersimba for the inspiration for this. Not a bad idea at all.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'm all for getting access to more rare items but if such a thing were to happen, it should not be spread out over all of the shops. The rarity bonanza should be consolidated into one location. There's no good reason to "make" the player check several places every day. That's work, a chore, no fun at all. There's no game design reason to "force" the player to visit every shop every day. There is nothing visiting several shops every day achieves for anyone, designer or player.

I think the only reason for the existence of several shops is the legitimate need to limit high-level item access in the new single player campaign for first-time players. Even this is already circumvented by early access to all of the shops via multiplayer so the shops might as well be consolidated already and save everyone the trouble.

timeracers likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And why stop at just one rare per day? Let's have a shop that offers TEN rares, three epics, and a legendary every day!

trrst, seth arue, tghy71 and 2 others like this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I see what you did there.

6. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

That was my original idea: a shop that only sells rare items, as I don't have crusty helm and that item is what haunts me to this day.

7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I used to check every shop (but Randi's) every single day I played. Not everyone has 86% collection rate; some people have just started. $:^ ] Me, I found checking every shop to be fun. "I wonder what I'll find in here today!" I only stopped checking the DD itself when I learned about double-dipping and found a quick resource for its contents; otherwise, frankly, don't we still essentially check the DD's contents every day? -- at the very least, the legendary and epics? It's an interesting idea to put one rare in the common shops, whether or not BM goes for it. To put only one rare in one of the common shops each day could feel like a chore (if I'm not really looking for anything else); visit shop, no rare, visit shop, no rare, visit shop, rare! -- but maybe others would feel like it's that much more of a hunt (and maybe I would, too, if it were implemented as such). For that matter, to add a rare to every daily common shop, would give more incentive to actually look at those shops' items anyway, meaning the non-100%-er might notice something new about an old item, or find a new item ungotten already, and just kinda decide, why not, plunk down 5/25 gold. Oh, and then I also wonder how good/awful it would be to give a chance for that rare item to upgrade (and upgrade again) like in chests. Just some thoughts.

8. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

I'd love to see at least one rare, preferably two or three. As it stands I don't think I've been to the four regular stores with any serious intent in over a year. I mean I'm pretty sure I've visited them at least in the last two months but that was more because it had been so long I had forgotten they stopped just shy of rares.

9. Duffy

Duffy Mushroom Warrior

As others have said this is a bad idea because it would feel like a chore to have to check an additional shop each day.
    Adding an extra rare to The Daily Deal would literally do the same, but save having to visit two shops instead of one.

10. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

The thing is it wouldn't, Each of the shops also subdivide the loot by level range so if you are a low level and looking for a low level rare, there is a good chance the Daily won't have anything you could even use. Or say you are missing a specific lvl ~18 rare, it would have a chance of turning up at the Goblin Bazaar.

It also seems a bit of a stretch to say that clicking on an extra four shops and looking at the first 1-3 items they list would truly constitute a chore. At the very least I know I'd be significantly more inclined to click on them instead of ignoring them outright :p

Macizo and ParodyKnaveBob like this.