[Peasant] Generic 1/1/1 Build

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hi all, so I'm doing pretty well in Peasant PvP so far. I think CT5 might be the only one who's taken a game from me to date. In order to open the format up a bit more I figured I'd post my build. You can emulate it or try to counter it. Or, you know, outplay me with whatever crazy brew you're running! Suggestions are also welcome if you feel like giving feedback. I'll say a few things about the build as I go I guess.

Judas
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

So first up we have Judas, who runs more or less Dwarf Control in my normal PvP build. Here he's a bit more utility (smoke bomb) and damage, and way less consistent. I might swap out the Malachite Orbs for Citrine Amulets at some point; both force blast and counterspell are great in the format. The main use of Winds of War in this format thus far has been to slingshot my warrior at enemies. Keeping enemies off of victory squares is secondary, but also relevant. I don't run any frost, as you can see. It's hard to get it on a good item at these rarities in my experience.

Bro Bro
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Bro Bro is a juggernaut. The closest thing to a flying ninja monkey dwarf I could build in this format. His purpose is to get in and to stay in, in large part thanks to the efforts of...

Dink Smallwood
    Level 20 Human Priest

Dink. Dink is a veritable healbot, dedicated to his task more than any priest in actual PvP. Damage/round is much lower in this format, and Dink's line-of-sightless Help the Weak + Altruism synergy has pumped gas into my party game after game. He's the best part of my deck, and the closest thing to any 'tech' I'm running. I'm torn between the Medallion of St. Vigus and a third Silver Healing Ring...

Anyway, hope this helps/is interesting. Cheers!

Karl Terzaghi and Hawk239128 like this.
  2. KarbonKhan

KarbonKhan Mushroom Warrior

I have to say that this build does you credit. 3 attempts of mine, 2 kinda close but the healing power of the priest is hard to counter without the big hitters from regular play. Not to worry, i'll make some alterations and hopefully Dink will die fast 1 day. I really miss my stone walls in peasant, illusion just doesnt cut it :x

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks man. I didn't think I was doing anything particularly brilliant when I threw all those heals on my priest but now that I think about it in the context of the parties I've faced I can see why it was good. "Shoot the doctor" applies in full in this case!

4. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

I'm running a heal priest in my own non-peasant team together with 2 wizards. I'm glad to hear that this seems to be something I can use in Peasant as well. :)
    Right now he has many cards that supports the wizards like "draw a card". I think I'll let go off from thoose and put some more healing rings into the build like you did.

€dit: Just found 2 Silver Healing Rings in one chest. I finally getting somewhere :)

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

6. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

I have a question, who can I replace with an elf? Also, I have a personal restriction of one of each item that isn't the glorious and perfection known as bejeweled shortsword. Just a personal thing.

7. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

nice build, I wonder how much it would win in regular format, lol.